Travel Help Desk / booking mistake, overcharge, and lack of accountability

I used TravelerHelpDesk, because my husband used it and saved money on a ticket off published internet fares. Well the (offshore phone bank non-native speaking difficult-to-understand) employee saved me money from the fares I could find that night, but booked a ticket for a night later than I wanted to travel, a mistake I didn't notice because he read me days in numbers rather than days of the week, and I was booking late at night while tired, a mistake. When I noticed the mistake, however, and called back, the employee insisted that that the mistake was mine--as if I would have deliberately booked a flight for a day AFTER the event I wanted to attend, while booking my hotel and car rental on the correct date. Then he informed me that it would cost me so much to change the original ticket (more than $400 on top of the $397 i had paid) that I should just throw out the original ticket and book another one through him for the bargain price of $530, while meanwhile the internet was showing round trips for $410. I called the airline directly, who agreed I couldn't rebook for the night I wanted at a price that made sense, but who also t old me that the actual face value of the ticket in their system was $110 LESS than I paid TravelHelpDesk for it. What a complete screw up. So, I am arriving a day late, losing $175 on a hotel room and car rental, and I will NEVER EVER use this b******t service again. Buyer beware.

Li
Mar 19, 2016

Comments

• Mi
      Jan 03, 2017

I had a similar experience. The agent made a change on the flight from 6:30 pm to 6:30 am and did not send an updated agenda for me to authorize. When we went to check in, Dec 23, and were not able to we phoned the airline directly. We were told the flight had been missed and ticket cancelled. Travelers help desk was zero help. There were other errors on the original tickets that I had to have changed as well.

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM!!!

• Je
      Oct 31, 2017

I have the same problem. That was the ticket for someone not for me. I help them booked the tickets from this website. And I didn’t know if I made mistakes on something. The confirmation email came with the day I didn’t want to. I recognized that and call back immediately. After talk about it to them they told me it would be an additional of 394.93 on top of my ticket price I already paid was 312.92 I didn’t notice they said that and agreed change to the day I want. After that they contacted me back said that they couldn’t charge money on the card I gave them. I gave them another one. When I realize I was charged two time and call them to ask. They told me read the email that I agreed to pay for changing. I really surprise that they already prepare the proof that I can’t get my money back. I know this was my mistake because I didn’t hear and read email carefully. But I believe that they pull me into a scam with acceptable proof.