Travel Guard Insurance / Never do business with this company!

Travel Guard insurance was included with a travel package I purchased. My flight was delayed causing me to miss a foreign connection until the next day. I filed for compensation with Travel Guard on return from my trip. Three months later I got a call saying my claim was invalid because the airline was at fault. They said that I could write a letter and include receipts and I may still have a claim. I already had to get documentation from several places including the airline and didn't feel that I needed to jump thru more hoops. I think that this is their plan to wear you down and give up. I will never do business with this company again.

N  26th of Feb, 2010 by
I won't burden you with my tragic story but take my heed and do not use Travel Guard, they are rip off artists, they require a library full of documentation to even qualify for a review to see if you are eligible to receive the reimbursement YOU PAID FOR. And I mean you have to have every receipt every conformation number, every doctor, every hospital, every every every. Then they take months to review and won't even talk to you unless it has been 5 weeks, ( I am serious) says so right on their form! Then no matter how much proof you have or how many doctors that verify and even write hand written notes to re-verify they will refuse to pay you. Don't bother wasting your money! And what is really sad their premiums are huge, so you pay top dollars for nothing. However a small portion of our trip I booked on Expedia and their insurance was cheap and they instantly refunded my money, no questions asked. They are cold hearted bigots and if I could figure out a way to put them out of business I would write a million of these.