Travel Guard / Worthless

Our entire family purchased polices through Travel Guard and a family member went into the hospital in May of 2009 (and died) and they did not cover our loss yet! Still trying to supply them with endless documentation requests. We were put through obtaining multiple letters from the attending Physician. Requests for power of attorney's for those signing on behalf of the deceased. Numerous built in delay tactics like; you have to wait 4 weeks to get a response from them on any submitted items. If you call earlier they only state their 4 week policy back to you. You can't speak w an adjuster, only the customer service reps who take messages. In short a horrible company to do business with. Sure they'll take your premium but don't try to collect! They are loophole specialists. Read the policy fine print. They will do anything and everything to avoid paying and paperwork you to death. TRAVEL GUARD TRAVEL INSURANCE - 2 THUMBS DOWN.

Ji

Comments

• In
      28th of Oct, 2009

I totally agree, I had to cancel my trip on a timeshare, and purchased Travel Guard beforehand, and when couldnt go, due to death of my sister-in-law they sent me a letter that my sister-in-law was not an immediate family member. Are they crazy? My spouse's sister? My spouse and I going away and couldnt! We should all start a class action suit against them. They're dispicable! I just got the notification today after waiting since September! It's end of October! I am going to call them tomorrow, but your post re getting customer service reps and no answers discourages me. Maybe I will just hire a lawyer!

• Vi
      26th of Feb, 2010

I won't burden you with my tragic story but take my heed and do not use Travel Guard, they are rip off artists, they require a library full of documentation to even qualify for a review to see if you are eligible to receive the reimbursement YOU PAID FOR. And I mean you have to have every receipt every conformation number, every doctor, every hospital, every every every. Then they take months to review and won't even talk to you unless it has been 5 weeks, ( I am serious) says so right on their form! Then no matter how much proof you have or how many doctors that verify and even write hand written notes to re-verify they will refuse to pay you. Don't bother wasting your money! And what is really sad their premiums are huge, so you pay top dollars for nothing. However a small portion of our trip I booked on Expedia and their insurance was cheap and they instantly refunded my money, no questions asked. They are cold hearted bigots and if I could figure out a way to put them out of business I would write a million of these.