Travel Exclusive, LLC / RippOff

1 1746 E Silver Star Rd, Suite 226United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-375-6536

We tried to sell our timeshare for several years through three different timeshare sale sites. We received a flyer in the mail last summer (2008) inviting us to a seminar on how to get rid of your timeshare immediately. We went, listened to the whole presentation and we actually were stupid enough to PAY THEM to take our timeshare off our hands. We sold our timeshare to them on 8/23/08. We received paperwork that we had to sign, notarize, and then mail them back to them. We thought everything was cool. In December we received a phone call stating that they never had received our paperwork, we told them to send it to us again. Once again we went to our bank and had the paperwork notarized and we sent it back to them. Now we have been contacted again by Travel Exclusive saying they never received our paperwork. Because of this we supposedly owe them the 2009 maintenance fees. I am so angry!! I have seen online that other people have had the same problem - that Travel Exclusive supposedly did not receive their paperwork. This is a total ripoff. I want something done about this company. If there are other victims - we should get together and file a lawsuit.

Comments

• Ag
      11th of Oct, 2009

I HAVE BEEN AND STILL AM IN THE SAME SITUATION YOU ARE IN, PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL AGUILANET@LIVE.COM SO WE CAN DISGUSS ABOUT IT MORE

• Dr
      26th of Oct, 2009

I went to a meeting with Travelexclusivellc at Crowne Plaza in Ft. Myers, Fl. last Saturday 10/24/09. I walked out telling them they were clearly a rip off.

They wanted $3600.00 from me to take my time share off my hands. I seen a program by Suse Orman stating get a Quit Claim Deed and follow all instructions and send it to the time share company you are a member of. They have to accept your Quit Claim Deed. I will try this ASAP.

Dr

• Le
      27th of Nov, 2009

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU. WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. E-MAIL IS: joeleeboating@yahoo.com I would like to know how you get a Quit Claim Deed.
    Lesley Pedano

• Do
      29th of Dec, 2009

If you file a quit claim deed without knowledge of the person to whom you are deeding it- it is ILLEGAL. We had a property in Ormond Beach at the Maverick, and we tried to do this ourselves, and it backfired in the worst way. Grantee's do NOT have to sign a Quit Claim deed- so they have no way of knowing what is being placed into their name. Can you imagine if someone transferred a property into your name iwthout knowledge, and all the fees and taxes assessed by the state that then become delinquent?! ILLEGAL- horrible advise- you MUST get approval from the Resort before transferring property back- and THEY provide the paperwork - and they DO NOT WANT IT BACK. They make more money on the Maintenance fees yearly than they do re-selling our old units. You can buy them for a Penny on Ebay- the Money is in the Maintenance fees. So save yourself the trouble- don't try a quit claim deed unless you want a Lawsuit for Fraudulent property transfer.

• Lu
      9th of Feb, 2010

For anyone who believes they have been scammed by a timeshare resale company, file a complaint with both your home state attorney general and the attorney general in the state the company is domiciled. This is the only way to get rid of these crooks--eventually and maybe even get your money back if they file suit against the offending company.

iioddm, d

jjjkjk

5th of May, 2010

THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!!! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY THEY WILL NOT EVER PAY YOUR MF AND THEY WILL LET YOU GO TO COLLECTIONS.THEY PREY ON OLD PEOPLE AND RIP THEM OFF, THEY CHARGE YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND YOU CANNOT CANCEL ONCE YOU SIGN THE PAPER WORK.THIS IS EXACTLY HOW YOU ENDED UP WITH YOUR TS BY A FEEL GOOD EMOTION AND IT SOUNDS SO GOOD BUT THEN YOU ARE SCREWED, I WORKED FOR A LISTING COMPANY AND TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE DOES THE SAME THING THAT THEY DO THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LIST YOUR TS ON E-BAY FOR $1 SO AND NEVER PAY YOUR MFS, I AM WARNING YOU.SO THEY MAKE $3500 AND SELL IT FOR $1 AND THEN THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WHOLE YEARS MF

• Ra
      6th of May, 2010

I agree that this company is shady, I am looking at there flyer statinf that they will be in are area May 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th. They have big cahonis (balls) to continue this deception. Anyone reading this ( STAY AWAY), and concider this: I just came back from Myrtle Beach, 2 bedroom 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, and dining room.Now I bought this time share 6 years ago, and traveled to Orlando, Tennessee, South Carolinia, Washington DC, Washington State, Vermont, Newport Rhode Island, Birkshire's in western Massachucetts. Now I stop at a Super Walmart, spend $150 for groceries, and eat in for breakfast, and dinner.With 4 people to feed, if we had to eat in resurants 3 times a day@ $45 per person( breakfast $10, lunch $10, and dinner $20 to $25), so 45 times 4 is 180 a day times 7 days $1260. Theres your maintenance fees, and I usually go on two vacations, because of the time share. So long as you don't cave in to the sales rep that wants to sell more points, and just kick his butt out the door( and I know they use every trick in the book, and will tell you anything to sell you more points, so you are a VIP member, just say no. Don't get me wrong, I think the timeshare Corp. like Wyndam, (which is what I ended up with after buy outs, and mergers), are scupulous, to say the least. We pay for these time shares, and when it comes time to book a vacation, they always say their booked. This is because they are renting the units as hotel get-a ways, while we pay the fees. This needs a class action suit, to lower the amount of rooms they can do this with.I for one am spoiled, having 2 and 3 bedrooms at my disposal, who wants to stay in a 1 room hotel?

• Ke
      25th of May, 2010

Just Rec'd a flyer from them offering 6/4 - 6/7/10. Their address is 5416 Coleraine Dr, Dayton, Ohio 45424-3714...WWW.travelexclusivellc.com

1-866-942-8088

same company as above?

I assume so...and for meeting with them you get a $25 gas card...wow...and they get how much of your money...$3, 600 or so!

• Vv
      25th of Jun, 2010

I also received a flyer from them. www.travelexclusivellc.com: Travel Exclusive: will be in my area: June 25th, 26th, 27th, & 28th, 2010. I called 1-866-942-8088 to schedule an appointment to sell my timeshare. I scheduled for Sunday, June 27th. the will be at,
    Address: Hilton Garden Inn, 180 SW 18th Ave., Dania, Fl. 33004.
    Tel. 954-924-9204

Thank you for your comments.

V. Valdes

• Pe
      29th of Jun, 2010

I was one of the ones stupid enough to give them money to take my timeshare off my hands. They promised to pay the monthly maintenance fees which they have not done so now I am getting a phone call every day from my timeshare company asking for their money. I will probably just pay them so that it does not go against my credit. I am also going to file a complaint with my states attorney general and Florida's attorney general.

• Ju
      10th of Jul, 2010

WE ALSO RECEIVED A FLYER FROM "TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE", AND IN MAY, 2010, AFTER FORKING OUT $2, 000.00 SEVERAL YEARS AGO, WE DECIDED TO TRY ONCE AGAIN. WE BOUGHT OURS (3 ) FROM FAIRFIELD, FIRST ONE IN 1991; WHICH WAS AT MYRTLE BEACH AND AS OF THAT DATE WAS NOT EVEN BUILT. OF COURSE IT WAS GREAT AT FIRST. WE WERE ABLE TO USE OUR WEEKS AT MYRTLE WHEN WE WANTED TO. BUT THEN COMES CHANGE AFTER CHANGE AND IN SOME " 20? " DEAR OLD WYNDHAM BOUGHT THEM ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER GOODIES.
    TO GET BACK TO "TE", (dumb us) WE NEVER CHECKED THEM OUT ON TIMESHARE RIPOFFS. (THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF) YOU WOULD THINK WE HAD LEARNED A LESSON. WE PAID "TE" $4, 500.00, AND EVEN HAD A DISCOUNT APPLIED TO SELL ALL THREE. WE INFORMED THEM THAT WYNDHAM HAD BILLED US OCTOBER 2009 FOR MAINTENANCE FEES' INCREASES FOR YEARS 2006 AND 2007. WYNDHAM DID NOT EVEN OWN THEM AT THAT TIME. SO NATURALLY THE PAPER PERSON I AM, I CHECKED THIS OUT WITH THEIR FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT AND WAS TOLD WE HAD EVERY THING UP TO DATE. WE TOLD "TE" THIS AND THE TITLE CO., AS OF YET WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. WYNDHAM AND "TE" CALL EVERY DAY, 2-3-4, ETC. TIMES TO THE POINT WE DO NOT EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE. GOT A LETTER TODAY FROM "TE" STATING THEY CHECKED WITH WYNDHAM AND THE FEES HAD NOT BEEN PAID, (AND I DON'T INTEND TO WITHOUT PROOF FROM THEM), THAT "WE NEEDED TO REMIT PAYMENT WITHIN 14 BUSINESS DAYS, THAT WE COULD BE PLACED INTO DEFAULT OF AGREEMENT" WITH "TE". I HAVE BEEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH "TE" WITH REGARD TO THIS AND EVEN TOLD THEIR "SALES" REPS ABOUT THE DISPUTE.
    CHECKING ON LINE, LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF AGAIN TO THE TUNE OF $4, 500.
    WHAT NOW??????

• Bi
      6th of Aug, 2010

I also just received the postcard and went as far as making an appointment. Then I started researching. The better business bureau gives them a D rating. I have found volumes of complaints on line. I called the main number to just ask what exactly they do and could not get a solid answer. The girl on the phone would not tell me if they do "make offers" ( and to me this implies that they will be giving me a monetary offer) or if they are a title transfer company. She just kept saying that she couldn't answer specifically" because every resort is different". I told her that I didn't need a specific answer just a general one and had this company EVER paid someone for a timeshare as their ad implies. She still didn't answer and just gave me the runaround. Which of course is the answer. I'm not that desperate to get rid of my timeshare but I am quite concerned about the apparently grossly fraudulent and deceptive marketing that seems to engulf many aspects of the timeshare industry. I f you are a legitimate company you do not need to trick people into your services. Are there not some regulations to monitor some of this? Where are the big resort timeshare companies that hooked us in to begin with. This doesn't reflect to well on them either. I know I was promised way more that has been delivered, and I seem to remember this timeshare being called an "investment".

• El
      5th of Oct, 2010

So I live in Virginia Beach Virginia. We started out with PEPPERTREE. I just made us an appointment yesterday with Travel Exclusive as they call themselves. Our appointment is on Friday of this week (10/08/10 to meet them at the Sheriton Hotel 777 Waterside Dr in Norfolk Va. So glad and grateful to the people above for taking the time to tell us all about this RIP OFF. I will not be keeping this appointment. We too have paid two different companies to sell it and of course never heard from them again. Perhaps a good lawyer or someone who works for the attorney general might be willing to step in and take our appointment. Last name is Green at the appointment is at 3pm.
    If anybody knows of a company that will really take a timeshare off your hands and do it legally where we will no longer be responsible please share this information with the rest of us.
    Thanks again to those who have saved us from making the same mistake.

• Th
      13th of Oct, 2010

I had the same thing just happen to me and I agree we all should file a lawsuit.

29th of Oct, 2010

I paid Travel Exclusive $3595 to take my TS off my hands ...Then I contacted the TS directly and cancelled the ownership..faxed this document to Travel Exclusive who then sent me an agreement to terminate their contract with a clause saying they will refund the $3595...However, it has been 1 month since they received the signed termination and many phone calls give varied excuses as to why the check hasn't been sent..
    I'm thinking this is another version of stealing my money ...What to do next is my question...martha

• Tl
      24th of Nov, 2010

I appreciate all of your comments about this company called Travel Exclusive. I just got a postcard in the mail today stating all the items you guys mentioned, such as free $25 gas card, paying maintenance fees. They will be in the Southern CA area December 3-6, 2010. I am relieved that I did my research before making an appointment. I just shreaded the postcard! I have invested nearly $1, 000.00 to adverstise my timeshare to sell. I don't want mine. It is costing me every month and I don't even use it. The maintenance fees are high. I am one of many who got hooked into purchasing one of these items. I agree to everyones comments. I wish all of you success at getting rid of your timeshare without getting the shaft. I hope there will be some government regulations implemented soon to prevent these type of scams occuring and reoccuring. They use to call me everyday until I placed them on the do not call list via an 800 phone #. There are soooo many schemes out there. I have been approached on every level. Now they are coming through my mail. It is so sad! Take care to all of us time share holders and God bless!

• Bu
      5th of Apr, 2011

We attended their promotional offer as well, offerring a $40 gas card. They offerred to take our timeshare off our hands if we paid Approx. $3400. What a deal! Went home and researched on web, BBB and more and found that they are D rated with numerous complaints. A week later they called us back and reduced their asking to $1795! Sure glad we checked it out, saved us a lot of grief. When we informed the rep that we were aware of their background their lame excuse was that they do not pay the BBB fee of $1000 so that is why they have a D rating. BEWARE!