Travel Exclusive / Terrible experience

This is a new scheme/scam that preys on people trying to sell their timeshares. I received a postcard that Travel Exclusive was going to be in my area and was contacting people who wanted to have an offer made oon their timeshare. We had to call the company to be sure our Timeshare unit was of value to the company before they would set up an appointment for the meeting. It was.

My wife and I got to the hotel conference room for the meeting. There were about ten people sitting at large round tables, with a presenter telling everyone how bad time shares are. How people are tired of paying annual fees that escalate, and how it is impossible to sell time shares. However Travel Exclusive was willing to make an offer and then transfer your time share to another company that rented out vacation properties.

The bottom line offer is: Travel Exclusive wanted you to GIVE THEM the time share for nothing -- and then PAY THEM as much as $3, 000 for closing costs, transfer fees and other bogus expenses. That's their offer. 'YOU PAY US TO TAKE YOUR TIME SHARE OFF YOUR HANDS.'

At least one other couple walked out during the presentation. My wife and I met for five minutes with one of their consultants to be sure we understood the offer correctly and we then walked out. There is nothing illegal about what these people are doing. But it is underhanded that people waste several hours going to this meeting -- hoping for an offer -- and that offer is truly bogus.

Just a word of caution -- in my opinion, any mailing from Travel Exclusive should be looked at very carefully. Read between the lines and then trash it.

Va

More Travel Exclusive Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• To
      10th of Dec, 2008

• Fu
      27th of Mar, 2009

I do not fully agree with this complaint.. i met with travel exclusive back in October of 2008 and i am very satisfied with them.
    Their title company called me within days of meeting with them and deciding that it was something i would be interested in doing. Their title company was very helpful and didnt hesitate to give me their lisence, bond, and insurance information and helped me out every step of the way.
    my timeshare is now out of my name and i will never have to worry about paying another dime for maintenance fees. i paid many companies $500 listing fees to try to sell my property, THOSE ARE SCAMS. at least with this, it was actually taken out of my name and they did what they said they were going to do, not just take the money and run!
    i dont think it is something that will work for everyone. but you cant even sell your timeshare on ebay for 1 penny, let alone get what you paid for it back!
    this company, in my opinion, is a very good company and does what they say they are going to do and i am happy with my decision to go with them!

• La
      30th of Apr, 2009

I was pleased with my experience; I'm tired of paying the damn fees that go up EVERY year. No matter what you do your going to be drug thru the mud! If you stay with the resort your stuck paying every year. Why not make one payment that your going to pay anyway with your vacation time just sitting there being wasted every year, except now it's not your problem anymore. I no longer have to worry about fees and it's already been transferred out of my name. To each his own I guess but I wanted out of my timeshare situation!

• Pc
      8th of Nov, 2009
    Travel Exclusive - HARRASSING MAIL/PHONE CALLS
    TRAVEL EXCLUSIVE
    5416 COLERAINE DR
    Dayton
    Ohio

THIS COMPANY INSISTS ON SENDING HARRASSING MAIL ABOUT SELLING A TIME SHARE THAT I HAVE NEVER STAYED AT, BOUGHT OR RENTED. THEY COMPLETELY IGNORE THE FACT THAT HAVE BEEN TOLD OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO DISCONTINE THIS HARRASSMENT BY MAIL AND PHONE CALLS, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ADVISED THEM THEY ARE CALLING A REGISTERED DO NOT CALL NUMBER - CAN THEY BE STOPPED - YES, I AM SHOUTING.

• Lh
      5th of May, 2010

My mom just paid her $3500 and is in the process. I wish she did her research on this company. This will be the 3rd time that she will get no where with getting rid of her time shares that have put her in so much debt. I really hope they treat her right and do what they say my mom is a single mom and barely makes from pay check to pay check. If anyone has advice for her please let me know.

• K
      3rd of Dec, 2010

What else can you do with your timeshare than legally transferring it out of your name? What are you going to do? Keep paying maintenance fees? Leave your yearly maintenance fee debt to your children and your grandchildren? That's not very nice! What else are you going to do? Sell your stupid, insignificant week of time that you share with 51 other "owners" on eBay where no one bids? Put a 'FOR SALE' sign in front of your "property"? Pay thousands of dollars to SCAMMING listing companies who promise to sell or rent your outdated unit and promise you thousands of dollars when anyone can rent a timeshare online without being an owner? Come on! You were already stupid enough to BUY the timeshare in the first place... don't be stupid again and not trust or believe that these companies can really do the job. DOING A TITLE TRANSFER IS YOUR ONLY WAY OUT OF YOUR STUPID TIMESHARE! I wish people would get that through their thick heads! Yes, you need to pay for the title transfer fee so that the new company can take responsibility of your piece of crap! Think about it... would you take over someone else's timeshare FOR FREE? Exactly!