Trap's Tire & Auto Center / Overcharging customers/ Bad Service

490 Victory Ave South San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5
I WAS a customer of this tire shop for 6+ years. I went in for my regularly scheduled tire rotation which they claim is included when you purchase the tires. They OF COURSE told me that we needed 4 brand new tires however, it wasn't a dire need and he would drive on these tires for another 2 months or so.

Here's where the crappy customer service comes in:
They refused to rotate the tires unless we purchased new ones.

They also said these tires would have lasted longer had we rotated them more often. We rotated them every time their stupid sticker told us we should, maybe not to the EXACT mile but we went to see them. How much more often should they be rotated?! Never going back to this shop again. Since the other shop I went to rotated my tires for free w. my oil change and said we only really needed 2 new tires.
Ly

Comments

Ac
  21st of Jan, 2009
If the customer's tires were bald ( 2/32" or less), the shop could be found negligent by a court if they rotated them. The bald tires were probably in the front (front wheel drive cars will wear those out far faster than rear tires), and putting them on the rear would lead to a spin out in the rain. If the tires were all 6 years old, that alone is reason to replace, as the tread gets hard with age, cracks and oxidation take their toll.
Some people are just too cheap to do the right thing.
Tires are not the place to scrimp, as they're the most important safety item on a car.
Mike McHugh
Professional race car driver for 25 years.