TranzParts Inc / Defective Product

4709 s 30th AveTampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-242-8726
I received two transmissions from this company and each one failed within a week. They claim that the the transmissions have been rebuilt with stronger parts, but it seems like they just pull them out of a junkyard and sell them. They're costumer service is horrible, they claim to send the transmission at they say that it will arrive in a weeks time. I waited two weeks only to call them and find out that they didn't even send the transmission in the first place. It took me a month to get a replacement transmission for the other one they "rebuilt" that broke on me. The second one didn't last much longer, and now I can't even drive to work. I only have 1st and 3rd gear, (no Reverse, 2nd or Odrive) and 3rd gear is slipping like crazy and doesn't engage half the time. Do not buy transmissions from these clowns. They're crap and if you do get your money back ASAP if you need to file a lawsuit or a complaint with ebay go for it, let these people burn for selling overpriced junk. If you need a transmission go with Monster Transmissions, Jasper, TCI or just go to a GM dealer and get a re-manufactured tranny that has a 5 year 100, 00 mile warranty. They cost more in the short term, but I've already spent that money dealing with the crap that TranzParts gave me.

Comments

Du
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I too was ripped off by tranzpart oh sorry its tranzmart now. They sent me a bad transmission had to wait a month to get it. They kept telling me that they were waiting on parts or they recieved the wrong part and waitting on the new one. when i got it a month after buying it, it had the wrong shifting linkage had it replaced and had it installed after take it for a test drive for a mile it lost fourth gear. Had it brought back to the transmission shop and they told me that the input shaft was broke called scott and told him about it and we was so rude told me that he would not do anything because the transmission shop opened it up. " But Dj told me it was alright" i told him. He said he would send a rebuild kit and an input shaft. I waited for about a month never received it. I went ahead and had it changed. We put it back on the road and it work but not like a high performace transmission. After about 4 months lost overdrive and called tranzparts to have it fixed. Carmen from tranzparts told me she would send yellow road way to pick the transmission up. Yellow picked it up but did not have the bill of layding. They called tranzparts but no anwser even though i just got off the phone with carmen before he called. So it sat at yellow for 2 weeks waiting on the bill of layding. my wife called every hour on the hour trying to get them to fax yellow the paper. when the transmission got there scott said they could'nt take it because they didnt have any paper work. We faxed them all the information but scott yaslow said he bought the company a day after i bought my transmission and he would not honor someone elses warrenty. Then Yellow sent me a bill saying I owe them 491.55 for shipment and tranzparts told me it would be free shipping if it was from a buisness address. And in the invoice they say the tranzparts worked on it and it was 371.78 for labor and parts which they dont even have the transmission yellow comformed that they still have it. I want to start a class action lawsuit to bring them down and make them pay. It's not for me or you its for all the people that might buy there crap in the future.
Ch
  15th of Apr, 2009
Yeah these losers screwed me too. Bought a tranny of them for my 1988 4X4 chevy. Bought over the phone with credit card. He added $160 onto my credit card without myself knowing. Waited 2 weeks before it even shipped. The delivery truck arrived with the tranny with a broken sunshell. Did not accept and sent way back to florida from washington state. It got back to florida and scott wouldn't sign for it to be returned and blamed the shipper. It sat with the shipper there for a week. He kept changing his god damn name and passing the phone to a really slow talking slow headed person named desiree. Master card was going to charge and pull there license for credit and debit cards. Finally 7 weeks later I had my money returned to me. Anyone with the name Partz in it tranzpartz or tranzmart from florida should be investigated.
Ca
  25th of May, 2009
I too was ripped of by tranzmart or One Stop Transmissions is the name to sale used parts in the internet. I bougth a transmission to for ford explorer 1996 over the phone with credit card. I waited for 20 days to the trans arrived to my home but the trans was the wrong trans and I returned to Fl and Scott or John Jr told me that they send another transmission as soon as posible and I claimed for my money back because the transmission is a junkyard trans and they painted and sell like new.but they send after another week the same transmission and with the same problem and I refuse and claim for my money back again and john jr told me that scott is the person with the autority to refund money. Scott say yes but i"m waiting more than 20 days because they has many excuses to don't pay the money, always is in the doctor appointemnt or out of the city and more lies. I bougth on april 13 the trans for 999.00 with 3 years warranty and free shipping today is may 24 and I continue waiting for my refund. Becarful with this people because all the companies are a fraud. This is some information about the company names: Tranz Parts Inc. 813-3336855 18oo-4019753 and is located at 4709 30 Ave Tampa Fl 33619 the other company is One Stop Transmission 813-4030327 and is located at 9021-Riverview Dr Suite B Riverview Fl 33578 and the other location is 1902 Maple St Tampa Fl 33605 is a warehouse with used parts. This people don't pay taxes and never adjunt an invoice and warranty with the transmission is another tactic that they use to commit fraud. They never answaer the phones and never return the calls the only phone number that they answer is 813-3336855 and the manager is John Jr and the secretary is Veronica she's a nice person but is only the secretary and she can do anything.
Ch
  7th of Dec, 2009
ripped off by these guys bought off ebay and they where no help. paid for it on visa over 1100.00 dollars and visa was no help either. Please sent a complaint thru the FBI https://complaint.ic3.gov the more people complain the better off we well all be when hes in prison debncarlkillebrew@gmail.com if you have any question about this thanks to harmonyplace on ebay for letting me know how many people hes screwed