TransUnion / Blocks my government mandated free credit report
As we all know, we are entitled for one free credit report every year by logging on to annualcreditreport.com. This is the official web site supposedly set up by the three credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion, as mandated by the government. Obtaining the free report from Experian and Equifax was easy, but not with TransUnion. As a matter of fact, I haven't been able to get a free credit report from them since this program was started.
Every time I request report from TransUnion through the annualcreditreport.com website, it would ask me for my "TransUnion" log in and password. Years ago I bought a credit report from them and I created a log in name and password. I don't remember that anymore. When I click the "forget my log in / password" icon, supposedly it emails the information to my old email address that I haven"t used for years now. When I call them, they also ask for my old user name and password which I don't even remember. To make the long story short, I am not able to obtain a free credit report form TransUnion. I always end up paying for it, which they make it so easy to do. I believe that they designed the procedures of obtaining a free report so hard and complicated to re-direct the public to their pay-only website.
More TransUnion Complaints & Reviews
- Transunion South Africa - Anyone can blacklist anyone in South Africa 
- TransUnion - Scam and fraud! 
- TransUnion - Unauthorized charges 
- Transunion Class Action Lawsuit - Alot of people who filed a claim got ripped off 
- TransUnion - Stay away
- [Resolved] TransUnion - credit report 
- TransUnion - blocked account
- Transunion.com - no service.
- TransUnion - customer service
- TransUnion - Purchasing report