TRANSPORT SERVICES / Never Picked up car/kept money

1 1700 N Dixie Hway, Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 561-391-9949

Paid $300 deposit to have my cars transported from Oregon to North Carolina. Took 2 days off work at $500/day waiting for truck. No comunication at all. I had sent an email the day before pick up to confirm as I was unable to reach the company by phone, never heard back.

By the time I heard back the cars had been loaded and sent off with my furniture on the United Van Lines truck (thank you to them for offering).

A driver from Montana called to say he would be there to pick up my cars Sat, Sun, or maybe Monday. The cars were gone and company notified.

I have sent repeated requests (email, USPS-certified and fax) for the return of my deposit and have heard not a word. I have 3 more days to wait until my credit card company takes action against them.

The reason I went with Transport Services (all the call hauling outfits--especially FL based, are quite sleezy) they promised that they had their own trucks and were not brokers. Their whole web page is noting but untruths. They want your money upfront and then they don't care what happens. The agent I spoke with, Nick whose phone number is above, interupted my phone call 6 times to give his mother directions and didn't even have the brains to put me on hold. Then some one else called and he carried on that conversation too.

The customer service is no better, even the manager just starts yelling trying to intimdate the caller, a total boob whom I had to tell to be quite and listen at least 10 times. He had a script that he had to get through about this reason and that reason.

I sugguest that anyone wanting to transport cars should find a friend who want to visit and have them drive your car and then fly them home. It is much cheaper and much more pleasant.
Judith H. Peck
45 Sandpiper Drive
Whispering Pines, NC [protected]
[protected]

More TRANSPORT SERVICES Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ba
      27th of Feb, 2008
    TRANSPORT SERVICES - CITY TRANSPORT SERVICES
    AHMEDABAD MUNICIPAL TRANSPORT SERVICES
    India
    AHMEDBAD MUNICIPAL TRANSPORT SERVICES

SIR,

THE OFFICE GOWER WILL BE HAPPY IF THEY REACH IN THE SCEDULE TIME AT THEIR OFFICES. MANY PEOPLE WORKS IN VATVA G.I.D.C. SO MORE NEW ROUTES SHOULD BE STATRTED. AT PRESENT ROUTE NO. 52 AND 18 FOR PUNIT NAGAR CROSSING. IF IT IS EXTENDED UPTO VATVA G.I.D.C. VASAHAT IT WOULD BE MORE CONVINIENT FOR MAY WORKERS AS WELL AS TRANSPORT OPERATOR (AMC).

3rd of Sep, 2009

I had a very similar experience. They are an awful company and really need to be exposed.. here is my Blog about them.

• Tr

TRANSPORT SERVICES BOCA RATON
    1700 N DIXIE HWY SUITE 119
    BOCA RATION, Florida
    TRANSPORTSERVICESONLINE.NET

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. THEY LIE ABOUT BEING A CARRIER WHEN THEY HAVE ONE F150...Not to mention their owner is on probation for distributing narcotics at an orlando night club that he managed...God if I only knew this before I shipped my car with them...MY 16 YEAR OLD SON HAS AN F150 BUT HE DOESNT TRANSPORT CARS. THEY HIRED A DRIVER THAT DAMAGED MY VEHICLE THAN THEY WONT DO ANY THING TO HELP ANOTHER CUSTOMER OF THERES CREATED A WEBSITE OF HORROR STORIES. http://www.transportservicesonline.net/2... GO THERE TO READ MORE...THEY ALSO HAVE AN "F" RATING ON THE BBB WITH ABOUT 60 COMPLAINTS IN THE LAST YEAR...THESE GUYS ARE ### CHOOSE ANOTHER COMPANY...WHEN SOMEONE TAKES THE TIME TO CREATE A WEBSITE ON HOW BAD THEIR SERVICE IS IT;S GOTTA BE BAD. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!!! TRANSPORT SERVICES BOCA IS A SCAM!!!‎

• Br
      8th of Apr, 2010
    TRANSPORT SERVICES - charged money never picked up truck
    Kentucky

Lied about owning their own trucks to haul, they are a broker.
    Lied about charging money, they charged and couldn't pickup.
    They wont refund the money.

They are crooked, dont do business with them.

• Sh
      16th of Apr, 2010

I had an absolutely terrible experience with this company. I did get the money they charged reversed on my credit card that they never should have taken.
    From the sales guy to the woman at dispatch they are masters of lies. I am not sure any thing that came out of their mouths wasn't a lie. I even have voice mails and in the back ground of one is another dispatcher saying the same stuff they tried to feed me to another person on the phone that was obviously arguing with her.
    It's unfortunate there are dirt bags in the world of business and I happen to run into them in this case. Something is very wrong with people that survive on deceit and lies. . They thrive and prey on people. I think they are the type of people that are so accustomed to lying that they really don't think screwing people is a bad thing as long as they get your money . Maybe some people have not had any problems with this company but the whole business was a scam and lie from minute 1 with me.

• Pi
      20th of Apr, 2010

WARNING DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!! Check bbb.org they have a D- rating

I hired them to transport my car from Northern Ca. to Southern Ca. on 4/9. I was told by the sales rep. that they had a truck available to pickup my car on Tuesday 4/13 for the rate of $385, and I was guaranteed a spot on the truck as long as I booked by the end of the business day. He also told me the delivery should be within 24 hours. I was required to pay a deposit of $150. I agreed and paid the deposit.

I was told by the sales representative, verbally and in writing, that they were a "direct carrier", and "used their own trucks".

(4/13) I hadn’t heard anything from the transportation company or their driver, so I called to get an update. The person I talked to at Transportation Services simply gave me a phone number of a trucking company they had brokered the job to!

(4/13) I called the brokered company (Extreme Brother Trucking) and was only able to leave a message. I didn’t hear anything.

(4/14) I called again and was able to talk with the truck driver, Trevor. He assured me he would pick up the car that night. He did not

(4/15) I called Trevor multiple times; I was unable to leave a message. After a few hours of trying, I finally got a hold of him. He said he would pick up the vehicle in the afternoon. He did. He guaranteed that car would be delivered that night or early Friday morning at the latest. He did not

(4/16) I called multiple times without success. I finally got him on the phone that afternoon. He told me he was in Los Angeles and would have the car delivered in a couple of hours. He did not

(4/17) I began to worry about my car & called the police. The police agreed to call Trevor and demand an answer. After multiple phone calls from the police Trevor delivered my car on 4/17. The car arrived damaged.

This entire process began when I booked "Transport Services" to transport my car on THEIR trucks. I intentionally avoided brokers to avoid this problem.

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!

29th of May, 2010

Agree. Same problem... promised pickup never showed... checked contract...I am an idiot... READ before you sign.
    Once you read their 'contract', it a no brainer to tell them to get lost. My mistake, should have done my homework, just didn't think there were these scammers around.

They totally un-obligate themselves and include that the deposit is not refundable in the contract. Customer Service is non existent. This is a scam.

• Au
      27th of Aug, 2010

Worst experience ever and a totally scam & liar!It is a huge risk when choose it,

Review: I recently needed to move and ship my vehicle from Tallahassee Florida to Hillsboro Oregon. Transport services contacted me on 6/28/10 and claimed they could pick the vehicle up on 7/14, 7/15 or 7/16, and the total cost would be $1075.00. Everything mentioned here recorded in the order form(contract). On 6/28/10 they charged my credit card a $175 deposit with the remaining $900 to be charged to "their" driver upon delivery. The rep said there would give a 24hr. notice on pick up.

The only thing that turned out to be true is the fact that they didn't pick up the car when promised, even after that. And they would not respond to phone messages or email. And I keep calling them every a couple hours since 7/14/10 until 7/18/10, they told me they will call me back in a couple of hours. And this never happens, nobody contact with me and give me any updates. Since i have to leave Tallahassee on 7/20/10, One of the rep even suggested me to leave the car with the key to some public garden after I leaving, so that their driver can pick up my car if they are available. Terrible, terrible experience and a company that does not deserve to be doing business. It is a fact they have a F rating with the BBB.

It is a huge risk to choose it, your whole moving schedule might got messed up by this Company. And they will stole your deposit without doing anything, plus wasting a lot of your time!!!

• Gr
      10th of Sep, 2010
    TRANSPORT SERVICES - Poor business integrity, customer service
    Transport Services

Transport services was good at selling their service. They say that they have their own trucks, which they probably do, but they ship using contract companies anyway. After they make the sale, they did not contact me to tell me the driver's information, and they changed the booking date without telling me, which meant that another date had to be booked. I was shipping my car from Pennsylvania to California, so the complete lack of communication added to the stress.

Throughout the entire process, customer service was unhelpful and silent, and I had to assertively call them for information numerous times to chase them down. They always come into work later and leave earlier than their office time suggests.

After specifying in my contract that there will be no other surcharges, they increased my bill for a $30 fuel charge. I was forced to pay the amount to the truck driver upfront and then ask for a check from Transport Services later, which they never honored, even after 1.5 months of calling weekly. I was transfered back and forth and told to speak to accounting, who is never in and does not return phonecalls. STILL NO REFUNDS!!

Transport Services has poor business integrity.. I would never use them again. AVOID! Luckily my truck driver David (from 1ITX, LLC) was amazing and picked up the car/delivered it on time.

• So
    TRANSPORT SERVICES - they lie about every thing
    900 Linton Blvd Suite 200A
    Delray Beach
    Florida
    transportservicesonline.com

I requested for a quote to transport my vichle from auto auction insurance aliquippa pittsburg to houston.copanies contacted me but iwanted direct drivers, so that was what i expected to hear from those contacts.So when Mr Stan of transport services contacted me, he said he is a retired driver not a broker, and that they have thier own carriers and have one space to go, i told him i wanted my car moved immedaitly and he charged me $745, ut we agreed on $730.I paid $130 deposit and this is 5th day and the car as not been picked up, when i called to asked why, stan does not pick my calls anymore, i got to costomer services and the lady told me it is non of thier business if i am paying storage daily i have to wait until the driver gets there.The driver has a break down and he is in the garage thats the claim.I wonder why this kind of people are in business, now i have a $100 storage charge to pay and yet the car is still standing there.This morning when i called, thier lines are all off, nobody responding, i have also drop many voice messages yesterday to Mr Stan and had no reply as of now, i have to incure another cost of hirring a different agency and paying for storage until they get there.You dont want to go through this night mare with this kinds of company.Speaking of it this was my first time using thier services as a new business and hoped we do alot more business in the near future, but its just a scam.

• Ao
      1st of Mar, 2011

The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From ahmedabadonnet dot com(Send flowers and gifts to gujarat).

• Ao
      1st of Mar, 2011

The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From http://www.ahmedabadonnet.com