Transglobal Security International / Property Transport Authorisation

Po Box 308,5010 48th Ave V4K 3Y3DELTA BC, Canada Review updated:
4.55
Phone: Unknown
Dear Sir/Madam. I have receieved this letter today that states the following, I quote " You are advised to respond immediately to this notice regarding a 2008 Nissan 350Z automobile or other property now available for procurement. This property is being held in your name under shipment no. KQ2548P7 and will be forfeited if not claimed before the scheduled deadline. unquote. This letter was signed by a Jason Richter. Property Securement Officer. When the letter stated that I must include R200.00ZAR securement fee for release, I smelled a dead rat. Is this a SCAM, who would be so generouse to give me a car valued at R 419500.00 ZAR for so small fee from my side or does this person think me daft to send them the money. Can you please investigate if this TSI company is for real and if Jason Richter exist or is he just a fictional name. Thanks.Regards, Frans Botha

Comments

An
It must be a scam.
I got the same letter with the same shipment number!!!
Be
  6th of Nov, 2008
Yes, I got exactly the same letter.
It is definitely a scam. If I have won a prize, (which, by the way, I did not enter for) why do I have to pay for it?

They should be shut down! How many poor, gullible people are sending them R200?

Bev
Br
**SCAM** **SCAM** **SCAM**

This is an obvious scam. A somewhat convincing letter with an authentic looking certificate. I received the exact same letter, except they were only asking for a $25 "securement fee".

In case this crook is conducting other scams, here is the return mailing address:

TransGlobal Security International (TSI)
Financial Institutions Office
P.O. Box 308, 5010 48th Ave.
Delta, BC V4K 3Y3
Ka
  7th of Nov, 2008
Its a scam...I got the same letter with the exact same message including the shipment schedule number! I had to laugh out loud and share it with my friends because even though it mentions for me to respond before deadline, I could NOT find a date anywhere on this document! I have a right mind to respond and get them to deduct the securement fee from the winnings and send me the balance.
Seriously though, there may be people who don't see through this scam and end up paying, hence promoting this scammer! Please don't fall prey to this.
  9th of Nov, 2008
I got one, too! Same shipment number as well. I was immediately VERY suspicious and when I saw the request for $25.00 as a 'securement fee', that clinched it. With a good software program, anyone can create such an official-looking letter, send it out to thousands or tens of thousands and, for sure, there will be enough gullible people sendng in their small 'securement fees' to make the exercise very worthwhile for the scammer. I'd love to know how much he/she is making on this one!
Ma
  24th of Nov, 2008
i've got the same... everything the same.
shame on these poeple. why not get a desend job and earn they own hardworking money !!!
Fr
  25th of Nov, 2008
I received exactly the same document today with the same shipment number and asking for the R200.00.
Pa
  25th of Nov, 2008
I received the exact same letter with the same documentation, numbers included. They should be investigated.
Ja
  27th of Nov, 2008
I got the same letter also and also could not find a date on it . Is there no way for the authoritys to catch them and prosecute them .
  27th of Nov, 2008
I hate to think that this is a scam but I do too. Some one just want to make some easy money.
I was asked to send $20.00 too. I was always told if you win some thing there is no cost to you.
So if anyone out there gets this same letter in the mail be ware, it is a scame for sure. I do wish that the attorities would catch these people especially when they have an address.
Pa
  30th of Nov, 2008
Hi All. Family of mine got THE SAME LETTER with the same values, shipment number etc.. We stay in Strand - Cape town and received the letter 26th November 08. Thanks for all your postings, this helped my family member to make a final decision, although it smells of "SCAM" all over. regards.
Ka
  1st of Dec, 2008
I just received the same notification in the mail today. besides being a sham that there is someone out there leaching onto gullible people when times are so bad at the moment world wide.
Watch out for another that I received also today from International Property Disposition, director in chiel being R D Rosenbohm. This one is giving away a 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 station wagon or cash value of R295 920.00 and they to ask for R200.00, my assignment number is 101506
they are in Richmond Canada. Why authorities do not do something about these people is beyond me.
Hibberdene, South Africa
Ro
  1st of Dec, 2008
I am in Nova Scotia, Canada & received the same letter. Figured it was a scam, tried to look up the company info
but none available, going to report it .
An
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I have got exactly the same letter. I'll not respond to such a scam!
Jo
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Yah, I got the same letter too and knew it was a scam...Its just too bad that it works on some people. They do NOT care who they get money from, just as long as they get it.
  2nd of Dec, 2008
It is a dirty scam. I received same letter today. I feel sorry for people that fall for it. The $25.00 fee is just the beginning, if they get a hold of your credit card number or bank account you are toast. It is a shame that this people can operate from Canada and get away with conducting this kind of "business". What is the police doing? I am sure they know about it. Can they catch this people? If the cheques can reached them, for sure they can be caught some how.
Fr
  3rd of Dec, 2008
It is a scam the phone company does not even list a number for that company
El
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I am a lawyer. Someone just brought in the same letter with the same shipping number to me. They received it in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.

Where are the rest of you?

Is there not some procedure whereby the Canada Post or the RCMP can look into it.
El
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Others concerned may wish to check the internet.

This company name has been showing up since at least 2001. Here is a quote from the British Parliament in 2001

Al-Muhajiroun

Mr. Dismore: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will investigate (1) the links between (a) Medina Ltd, TransGlobal Security International, Mark Yates and Paul Field and (b) Sakina Security Services Ltd, Al-Muhajiroun, and Omar Bakri Mohammed; and if he will make a statement; [13626]

(2) the activities of TransGlobal Security International; and if he will make a statement; [13625]
(3) the links between Anil Shah and Sakina Security Services; and if he will make a statement. [13627]

13 Nov 2001 : Column: 645W
Mi
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I received the same letters its a scam, and I wonder how those people doing fraud and nobody do something to catch those thieves.