Transam Associates / MALICIOUS LIERS

1 3433 Lithia Pinecrest Rd #303Valrico, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-657-4130

The poor reputation of Transam associates is now everywhere on the web. Not only do the cheat and rip people off their money, they have audicity to insist on being legit while the truth is that so much factual information has accumulated against them, that doing so only makes them look like silly SCAMMERS.
Their goal is to get $490 off your wallet for supposedly FREE training and a GUARANTEED live work, making people go thru tedious trainings for months without
really putting them into real live work situation.
Please whoever reads this... do NOT fall for $290 MT software, it is not a real modern communication tool.
All it is audio files and not a superb state-of-the art communication tool between you and them. And no wonder there is no REFUND, not even partially for the equipment.
The files you will be getting from them are garbled audio files designed for losers to constantly fail their tests so that they keep you in training forever.
So for those who want their dreams to come true and move forward with real live work, STAY AWAY FROM THAT COMPANY!

Sv

Comments

• Ap
      3rd of Jun, 2008

Thank you for this information I almost fell for it. You have saved me a lot of money. THANK YOU!

• Jb
      7th of Jun, 2008

I was thinking about sending in and getting the equipment. I am glad I seen all of the complaints before I did. Does anyone have any suggestions to legit companies who will be willing to give a MT fresh out of school a chance?

• Sh
      28th of Aug, 2008

I almost fell for this scam. I was reading the agreeement and it said that the training is free, but you must by the software. When it saw the price around $500, I could not believe it. I saw this job on Yahoo Jobs and thought it was legit. I guess I was wrong. Thank goodness I researched it before buying the software. I am a college student, so I thought I couldn make a little extra money to pay for college. Thank You for putting the word out on them.

• Tb
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Thank you for this. I got soo excited to get the free training for medical transcription since I wanted to be a medical coding specialist. I thought that since it was free, it would of been great to add this to my resume that I completed this training for my field. When I looked at the price of the software, I couldn't believe how expensive it was. After that, I dicided to do some further research. I went on to yahoo answers and everything I read had SCAM written all over it. I promptly got rid of my email from them and was glad I did not sign anything and didn't give any information to them. The community college I have done my studies are only about $150 for their basic transcription course, which includes software. I would probably be better off going back to school.

• Te
      19th of Oct, 2008

Thank you for the information. I wish i had done the background check months ago before my first payment to them. Oh well, at least its not a whole 500 dollars down the drain. It is very discouraging cause i really am trying to pursue a career in this and i already have the training. If someone knows of any good places who will work with beginners fresh out of training then please help me out. Thanks a bunch!

• Vi
      4th of Nov, 2008

Gosh, I almost fell for this stupid job. Thanks for the information!

16th of Nov, 2008

Thanks so much for posting about Transam Associates. I was contacted by them, took the test, chatted with them tonight and decided to check them out. I almost fell for it - they are good! Thanks again for saving me from this scam.

• St
      18th of Nov, 2008

ditto on every prior comment; thanks so very, very much for sharing; and to everyone who lost $$$ or just out & out disappointed (like me) to find out it ain't legit ----keep your head up--- there must be a real mt company somewhere on the net & in the world that's not a rip off;

2nd of Dec, 2008

Crap! I just purchased the software on Sunday & faxed over all the documentation yesterday. I wish I would have known about this site prior. I checked with the BBB & the Chamber of Commerce & didn't receive any negative feedback. Any advice for a sucker that already fell for it? Has anyone actually received work from these people?

• Je
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I'm sorry for you Chris, thank God I escaped their trap. I really think you should contact the law enforcement about it, the company did it for long enough already. They reapeatedly say pay and work is GUARANTEED, and don't even mention the possibilty that you will lose your money. If the law allows this kind of thing to take place, then this is a stain on our society.

30th of Jan, 2009

Thanks for all these postings. I was seriously considering this, but this information saves me from falling into this trap. Thanks you ALL.

• Ts
      6th of Mar, 2009

Thank you all for your feedback. Unfortunately I also purchased the software and the pedal. If nothing comes from them but the training (which is supposed to be TUITION FREE, not FREE for the software, atleast I'll get the training and be able to contract myself out locally. I already have the equipment...why not. Atleast I won't be chasing people down for no reason, I'll actually have practice and skills. Oh well, another lesson learned the hard way... :(

• Ga
      18th of Mar, 2009

I have been "chatting" with Transam since Friday. It always bothered me that you had to buy their softwear. I have my own foot pedal and program, but they told me that I had to buy their softwear in order to be able to do their transcriptions. I checked the BBB, the chamber of commerce, and the secretary of state as they suggested when I asked questions. All of these agencies had no complaints about Transam. I was talking to my daughter today, telling her that I was thinking about buying the program, and she suggested that I check out Google. I am certainly glad that I did this!!! The website sounded so authentic! I have a medical background and I attended a transcription school, so I was looking for a job. PLEASE if anyone knows of a reputable company that hires recent grads, let me know. Thank you everyone for saving me $499!!

• Th
      26th of Mar, 2009

I appreciate you all for your comments. I almost was suckered into buying the software because I thought wow this seem legit. But I second guessed myself and looked this company up on google. And here I am thank God, people really should be ashamed of themselves for trying to rip people off in this day and time when everyone is just trying to make it the honest way.

• Re
      6th of May, 2009

Thanks for the information-- I was also checking into a work from home business that would allow the flexability and decent pay--From everything I have read on this web site-- I am sure thankful that I did not go with my first instinct to just jump right in-- YOU all have saved me money that I DO NOT have the room to loose out of my budget.

• Lo
      16th of Jun, 2009

Unreal.
    Back to the job search. Unfortunately, greed (as Michael Douglas exclaimed in "Wall Street") is not good. It is what will kill our country. If we allow frauds like this to go unpunished, we all deserve what we get. I feel like an idiot for not doing my homework before I spent the first minute of interest. My vanity made me want to accept their flowery (admittedly professional looking) enticement at face value. I will report this scam to the bbb. Good luck on your job searches.

• Ha
      24th of Sep, 2009

I too, looked into this company. After reading the agreement I got quite suspicious of the whole thing. I did do the live chat and thought I would never get off of it. The red flag really went up when they expressed "no personal checks, money orders are acceptable." I am so glad I took the time to google this company. They will not get any of my money. I thank everyone who has posted their thoughts. Thank you.

• Ms
      23rd of Oct, 2009

Thank you so much for your complaint, like many of you, I was almost sucked in by this scam. Thank you soo so0 much for sharing your experience to save the rest of us.

• Ni
      5th of Jan, 2010

Holy cow...I got the email invitation and they found my resume on Yahoo! HotJobs. They really make it sound appealing. I have been considering moving to a stay at home job but after reviewing this website, you have all saved my current job and time I would have spent figuring out what you already know. Thanks for posting this information. I will keep looking. Thanks again.