Transam Associates / Work at Home - Med Transcrption Scam

1 3433 Lithis Pinecrest Rd. Ste 303 Valrico, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-657-4130

I almost got scammed by this company just this week. I received an email earlier this week about Medical Transcription Training and they asked me to transcribe sample Dictation, which I did and sent it back. The first email was sent by someone named Kimberly Carson. Then I got a second email from the same lady with instructions to fill out the personal information and this email said I will have to buy the software and some books and the training would take several months to one year. Then at the end the signature said Kimberly Carton instead of Carson. That right away raised a flag in my mind because if this is a professional firm, they should at least have their so called recruiters have the right signature at the end of the email. So then I Googled it, and no to my surprise I found all these complaints. Thank GOD for Google and people who are watching out for others. I also felt that I should complain so that the more repors there are, more power to people.

Al

Comments

Ho
  3rd of Aug, 2009

I too was emailed, after I submitted my resume. I never sent Kinberly Carson a second email (wanting me to transcribe a message), I thought there was something fishy, then I immediately came to Google
I am thankful for Google and the imput of you all, saving me tome and money, keep up the good work.
Brenda

Ma
  29th of Oct, 2009

My husband was emailed after he put his resume on hot jobs on yahoo..a Kimberly Carson..I'm glad i used google to do research.

Be
  3rd of Nov, 2009

I caught the Carson / Carton mispelling too - not to mention, for a transcription company whose aim is to have one error or less per page of dictation, the email from Kimberly Carson/Carton was rambling and choppy, words misspelled. Yikes. Then I googled. Glad I did. Whew.

Ka
  17th of Dec, 2009

I agree with everybody. But none of us have tried it. Is there anyone who did start the program or training.

Ba
  16th of Feb, 2010

Got the same email as a result of posting a resume on Yahoo Jobs. Same mispelling, Carson and Carton. thought about playing them along for a while, just to waste their time, but figured...why waste mine?

Lo
  5th of Mar, 2010

"I caught the mis-spelling in the last names too." I am also unemployed and looking for work. I received an e-mail from joboffer@transamassociates.com saying that they pulled my resume from off line. They went on to say that I could start working in Medical Transscription and receive free tuition and training. I went as far as listening to a voice recording and having to dictate it, then I e-mailed it back to them. (I actually thought it was too good to be true.) Later on that night I had a dream that it was a fake!!
God's warning!! The next morning I received another e-mail telling me that I did well and that I was ready to go to the next phase of the interview. They gave some website to click on. I read the e-mail carefully this time and discovered that the last names were spelled differently. The first e-mail was sent by Kimberly Carson, National Recruiter. The second e-mail was from a Kimberly Carton, National Recruiter. I then was very suspecious and googled the web-site and found that they are frauding people. Thank God for Google. I'm glad I didn't go any further with them. You would think if they were going to run a scam, they would have their mess together.

De
  28th of Apr, 2011

Be advised - every entity mentioned in this post is a scam, view URLs at your own risk.

Transam Associates also does business (scams) with these web pages (spaces added on purpose):
http://www. healthcare-employment .net/
http://www. affiliated-healthcare .net/

Their sample.mp3 file also matches a sample from Transcription America over a year ago. Although the badly made web pages use different templates than http://www. transamassociates .com, their live chat links use the same site ID numbers, proving the connection.

The "software" sites ( http:// mtsoftware .org/ and http://www. mtprofessional .com/ ) are also badly made and feature the same chat link. The scammers in the live chat are unwilling (and do not even attempt) to explain why the support chat for a computer program links to a recruiting session/interview.

A sample of a chat I experienced is saved here:

Again, be advised - every entity mentioned in this report is a scam.