Transam Associates / Scam for buying their software - promise of a job

1 3433 Lithia-Pinecrest Rd. Ste. 303Valrico, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-681-4610 or 813-657-4130

I almost fell for this, but I did not and I am so pissed at them for preying on desperate unemployed people across the USA!

Here is what I have found out so far about the companies and the owners of this scam:

Transam Associates
3433 Lithia-Pinecrest Rd. Ste. 303
Tel: [protected] or [protected]
Fax: [protected]

This company is owned by what looks like a husband and wife team:

Alan Loehr and Linda Loehr

Here is how their fraud scheme works:

1) They look for people in need of a job, usually they get leads from either leads from ads they make on the internet or from direct names of job seekers like from Hot Jobs on the Yahoo boards for example.

2) They send this person an email offering a great job making up to $4000 a month by transcribing doctor dictations. You take a free test and then you are told the training if free. But then you learn that you must pay for the $300 - $500 “special software” they use.

3) Once you buy the software you continue the training, but you never actually graduate. No matter how accurate you are in passing there tests they ALWAYS come back and find something wrong in your transcription.

4) When you realize that you have been duped you ask for your money back for the software you purchased. Well, guess what the software in non refundable!

5) This is their scheme. Pretend they are training you for at home medical transcription work which they will train you for free, then after you buy the software you are then placed in a bucket of patsy and you shall never graduate. What do they care, you bought the non-refundable software and they can claim till hell freezes over that you never pass their tests.

One of the saddest things about this is they look legit to most folks, they have a nice friendly web site so someone that is desperate in need of work and sees “free training” and you can make up to $4000 per month. Well this preys on the unemployed and desperate that obviously can’t afford to waste any money.

These people are shameless! Just Shameless and should be hog tied I believe.

Here are just some of the hundreds of complaints about them:

/URL removed/

Also important to note, these same 2 scammers have 2 other companies listed at the exact same address:

School of Medical Transcriptions

Tel: [protected]
Fax: [protected]
Owners: Linda Loehr and Alan Loehr
Type of Business: Bird Breeders

(Apparently they sell Birds also?)

I am saddened by all of this, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties are great places to live/work/retire. I am hopeful the FBI's IC3 group cab do something.

If you have been scammed by these folks:

#1 Make a report with the FBI's IC3 (Internet Crime) site here: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
#2 Alert the local law enforcement office for Valrico which is the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
You can contact them here: http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/contact_us/question_form.htm

Comments

• Ly
      26th of Feb, 2009

I was contacted by them through beyond.com, also. I received the application agreement today, which says there is no obligation.
    Before filling out the agreement, I tried checking on this company with BBB online. I found nothing there. Then, I Google them and found this page.
    Thanks to all for the warning.
    I, like many of you need a real legitimate work at home job. I don't believe there are any out there that aren't a complete rip-off.

Linda

• Sc
      4th of Apr, 2009

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I foolishly thought it was job opportunity. I have been out of work for over two months, and desperation drove me to replying to their scam. Unfortunately, I sent them my phone number before searching their company name.

It wouldn't really matter anyway. I don't have the money or credit left to buy their trash. Shameless is a good word for them. the person who posted this complain is a good citizen for making this rip-off known. Thank you.
    -Scott

• Pa
      7th of Apr, 2009

Wow!!! Thanks so much for this warning. I did just like Linda. I am so glad I did before I sent them anymore information & my borrowed money. I have been looking for a ligitamate transcription company for a long time. I have friends that transcribe & they enjoy it. I like you am low on funds & can't afford to buy the "special software" or take more training courses. Thanks again so much.
    -Patti

• Di
      13th of Apr, 2009

Thank you...thank you...for you who had posted this information. I also fell into their scam bag scheme. I also purchase their software but good thing I'm not in a rush to do so...
    Again thank for posting this information about this scam artists.

26th of Apr, 2009

Very much for the warning. I just wonder why after all these years Alan Loehr and Linda Loehr are still in business and haven't been shut-down as they should be. If I cheated on anything, I'd be arrested and probably put in jail - yet these fools, keep stealing money as if they have a right to do so, because they are still being allowed to do so.

I'm glad to have learned from the post here, that you will NEVER graduate with this program therefore you will NEVER get the job they FALSELY PROMISED. They should have millions by now, you'd think they'd stop ripping innocent people off - GREEDY BASTAR*S
    Writer54

26th of Apr, 2009

I called 813-681-4610 or 813-657-4130
    Although the 657-4130 is listed as the # for the bird breeders Mr. Loehr is on the voicemail (sounding old as death) stating that "you have reached the Transam Associates Corporation..." he's also on the voicemail for 681-4610.

Upon receiving an email supposedly from recruiter, Kimberly Carton I replied with the following email:

Transam Associates
    3433 Lithia-Pinecrest Rd. Ste. 303

Hello Alan Loehr and Linda Loehr
    As it is doubtful that there is actually a Kimberly Carton Regional Recruiter
    and if there is such a person, she should be ashamed of herself for
    assisting you in the scam you've been perpetrating all these years.

I'm curious, as OLD as you are now, have you not stolen enough money
    from innocent people seeking a legitimate means of income, how much
    more money do you actually need? Greed and selfishness is the enemy to
    the innocent - you MUST know that YOU are the ENEMY.

Prayerfully there is a rightful place in hell for you and everyone who
    has helped you steal the millions of dollars that you have stolen
    throughout the years.

Finally, if you were legitimately offering jobs, you'd offer a refund
    for the software & books job-seekers are REQUIRED to purchase from
    you. You should have merely offered software that MAY lead to a job,
    that way you wouldn't have sooooo many complaints about you and your
    shady business practices.

You need not reply.

• Fr
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Wow!!! I'm so glad that I read the comments on this site. I was about to become an unwitting victim to these scammers! They are seriously shady and lack any bit of integrity. They will pay for their fraudulant business practices desguised as a ligitimate business. May God Have Mercy On Them Both!

4th of Jun, 2009

Friendly One,
    I'm glad you didn't waste your money - and good luck with your search.

• Et
      12th of Jun, 2009

i am soo glad i checked this board, i just recieved an email form them. Ive been without a job for a few months and cant even manage to buy groceries for my little girls, so naturally any money let alone 2-3, 000 dollars sounded good. Ill be sure not to accept any scammed job offers. It seams like all online jobs are complete scams, ive been looking for a legitimate one for 7years, and i think its high time i give up. Thanks for posting this blog

12th of Jun, 2009

ETThomas,
    Prayerfully your income situation will change for the positive in a short period of time. In the meantime, don't waste money on the online rip-offs! They prey on people such as yourself who are in desperate need of money to support their family, only to disappoint you and steal your money. I too have been seeking an online for quite sometime and have as of recent given up the quest.
    Perhaps you can seek assistance and guidance (on job info) from your minister. Good luck.

9th of Jul, 2009

OH MY GOSH! I KNEW MY GUT FEELING WAS RIGHT! SOMETHING ABOUT THIS "TRANSCRIVER" CRAP WAS SOO FRAUD TO ME AND THANK GOD THAT I GOOGLED!!! OH AND I ALMOST, ALMOST GOT IT! I TALKED TO THEIR "LIVE HELP" LIKE TWICE AND THOUGHT THAT IT WAS JUST ME BEING NEGATIVE! HA! OHHH WHAT ***HOLES!!! I SOO HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT, PRETENDING TO BE GOOD AND STUFF AND THEN DO YOU WRONG SOOO WRONG! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, AND TO ANYONE OUT HERE DONT YOU DARE FALL FOR IT! IM SO PISSED BUT SO GLAD THAT I FOUND THIS OUT! BYE GUYS! GOOD LUCK FINDING A JOB! IM RIGHT THERE WTH YOU! :)

9th of Jul, 2009

sooo agree with you! 100% ! what worless people!

• De
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Thank goodness my husband said google them for a scam before you even think of sending them money and i did. I am greatful I didnt send any money, I really thought it was legitimate because i found it on yahoo jobs. Thanks to everyone writing in.

• Ru
      14th of Aug, 2009

I was just emailed from them and of course just like others have said, a promise for a job and free training. I will not send them money either! I am looking for a real transcription job if anyone knows of it in the medical or legal field. I want a legitimate job.

Debbiedavis@charter.net

• Se
      20th of Aug, 2009

Hi Everyone,

They also tried to get me. I had put my resume up on Yahoo, and received an email saying they liked my qualifications. However, once I completed the dictation sample, they emailed me back asking me where I had heard from them. I knew then it was a scam. If I were so qualified shouldn't you know who I am. Anyway, I decided to Google it, and yes it is obviously a scam. Thanks everyone for all the helpful information.

spejoves@netscape.com

• Ru
      25th of Aug, 2009

Hi - Well, I wasn't so fortunate whaen it come to Transam. I fell hook, line and sinker into this mess. I have notified my credit card about the fraud, we'll see what happens there. I also wrote to my Senator informing him of the situation. Hopefully he will be able to assist me with this as well.

These individuals who run this so called company ought to pay for what they have done..So I will not go down easy I will fight them for all they are worth.

The only reason I fell for this is that # 1 I desperately need a job, #2 I have an ailing mother and thought a work at home job would help. That way I would be around to run her to Dr's appointments and such...

Well, it's too late for myself with these scammers but I hope all others take head in the messages about them on the internet. Research before you jump. I did research them but not far enough I guess.

25th of Aug, 2009

My wife almost fell for their fraud but asked me about them before she sent away for more information. I remeber them from way back when i was looking for something that I could do since I was put out to pasture do to a job related disability. If ones wants work or needs a job working from home there are many good companies to work for. Not this ###. Good Luck Job Hunting.

• Cr
      1st of Sep, 2009

thank you all for the info.ya it sure looked good and this info is exactly why i came here! I wanna know why hotjobs is still letting them post the job?

• Cr
      1st of Sep, 2009

I even researched this business with the bbc (the better business beuro)and there was nothing like this info there...why?

• Sb
      15th of Sep, 2009

Thank you all so much for posting your comments and warnings. I am a recent widow looking for extra income to make up for the loss. I really apperciate you all saving me from more misery.