Transam Associates / Transam Associates on Beyond.com

1 Thailand Review updated:

The complaints are true! I found Transam Assoc on Beyond.com which is supposed to help you find jobs. I'm from the Central Valley area in California. I am a real person, a wife and mom looking for legit work! This is the email I received:

Hello

Thank you for sharing your ''Beyond resume'' so we could contact you through this job alert about a work at home job.

Transam Associates provides precise medical transcription of voice files that doctors dictate for hospitals, clinics and doctor offices.

Transam Associates also conducts its own training program that prepares individuals for the medical transcription profession. This training is done online in the comfort of your own home. A personal trainer is provided to guide individuals in the training program through a Live Chat environment.

As a recruiter for this national transcription service, I am seeking full-and part-time, home-based medical transcriptionists. We are committed to providing a work environment where medical transcriptionists can grow and be respected for the professionals they are.

This is for entry level individuals and if you are not yet qualified, we'll provide tuition FREE training and a personal trainer that you'll need to become qualified. Once you meet our criteria, which will be defined for you before you begin, you will be certified by us as an accomplished medical transcriptionist and can begin to work for Transam Associates, Inc. Special books and software are required.

The pay is good. After completing the training program, people seem to do quite well and as you get more experience, people seem to earn $1, 000 to $2, 000 a month working about 20-30 hours a week. Some make $3, 000-$4, 000 a month, full-time 40-48 hours a week (This does not happen overnight). If you want to work more, you'll earn more. If you want to work less, you'll earn less. The choice is yours.

We will provide to you a great working environment where you can make a difference. Our medical transcriptionists start as contractors and are eligible for raises. Whether or not you have experience, you can find rewarding work as a medical transcriptionist.

After transcribing this sample we will answer all your questions.

But, the first step is to do the following:
Please transcribe (type what you hear) in this sample and then we will get right back with you.

I took the test and got this email:

Hi!! WHERE ON THE INTERNET DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?

We have received your sample and it has been accepted as a true representation of your work and worthy of moving forward.

You transcribed a digital voice file. Actual physician dictation may be more difficult to understand.

If you need training, we provide tuition FREE training.

~~ If you have already been trained then you DO NOT need to go through our training. You are ready to work for Transam in a real job. The only requirement is that you transcribe accurately. This is for an entry level individual.

We would like to see if you can train and work with us. You have the FREEDOM to choose. You can transcribe any time during the day as long as it is back to us by the next day. The only other decision is to choose which days you are available. Special books and software are required.

All of your questions will be answered in the agreement. Let me know if you would like to review the application agreement.

We are looking forward to working with you.

3433 Lithia Pinecrest Road
Suite 303
dictation@transamassociates.com

Then I inquired further and received this email:

Hello, We may have a job for you!

Please come to Live Chat this morning at 10:00 am EST. to discuss this job. We are here today: from 9:00 am to NOON EST - 2:00 to 4:00 pm. EST. - 8:00 to 10:00 pm. EST

By the way, as soon as you are accurate, we move you into live work and you start getting paid by Transam. Work and pay is guaranteed.

The information you requested is included in the agreement link below:

Note: Please remember to click on the "Special Internet Component" required to train and work in the Application Agreement.

The next step in working with us is to review the application agreement. Please copy to Internet Explorer or click on the following web page link:

After reading the application, then submit your agreement and if you can, please chat with one of our recruiting operators today to discuss this opportunity. Chat after reading and submitting the application at the chat link in the application. We are expecting your live contact.

We are looking forward to working with you. Thank you...Kimberly

3433 Lithia Pinecrest Road
Suite 303
Valrico, FL 33594

Fortunately, I googled them and found more information. I had already registered with this site earlier this morning. so I checked into this further. Good thing I did!

Comments

• Qu
      5th of Dec, 2008

Did not mean to click on Thailand, this happened in California. That was an accident.

• Ka
      21st of Dec, 2008

I am submitting this after reviewing the complaints on-line. I was seriously considering this. Thanks to all of you who took the time to make others aware.

Your sample has been accepted!

Hi!!

WHERE ON THE INTERNET DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?

If you need training, we provide tuition FREE training.

This is for an entry level individual.

We are looking forward to working with you.

3433 Lithia Pinecrest Road #303
    ________________________________________________________

This email may contain proprietary information and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately.
    ________________________________________________________

• Bo
      10th of Mar, 2009

Wow, I just received the same email just today! I am so thankful that I Googled them and found all of these stories. Reporting things really does go far. Thank you everyone for your comments. I have been out of work for quite some time, and I was looking into doing "part time" from home while searching for full time work outside of the home. You have saved me not only a great deal of money, but also a lot of heartache. Keep up the good work.

• Mj
      11th of Mar, 2009

I too am very grateful for everyone who posted here. Just this morning I took the "test" and was waiting for a reply. That little voice inside pushed me to check out the company which is how I came to find the complaints.
    I am so sorry there are others who were taken in by this company, but also grateful that through them, I was spared the burden. I wish all of you luck in attaining financial success in a real job.

• Ki
      17th of Mar, 2009

Oh My Gosh I too was ready to go for this. Same exact letters, everything. I am so glad I decided to check this out before doing this. Thanks To All of You
    for your postings .

• Je
      26th of Mar, 2009

I also nearly fell for this scam. The pitch letters are very low key and don't sound too good to be true, making them all the more convincing. But the price tag for the software is VERY high and the only mention of any significant outlay in the pitch letter is the phrase "wise investment".

I am employed full-time in the healthcare field but was looking to make extra money. Still might want to explore medical transcription as a part-time job, just not through these shady people. Should we complain to Yahoo?

• To
      2nd of May, 2009

Thanks to all who posted here and saved me $500 and lots of wasted time and energy. I got the same email, took the sample test, and chatted online with somebody, maybe one of the Loehrs. There are several things that made me suspicious, like the fact they asked me two or three times in the first chat whether I could pay, then after seeming to check their system, almost instantly came up with a payment plan, etc. Would not provide any details about how their referral system works, or frequency which transcription folders are provided to "employees". Who can transcribe enough to make $2, 000-$4, 000 per month at the rate of 5 to 11 cents per line?
    This reminds me of another transcription scam using straight text rather than audio, supposedly based in India. Maybe it's the same outfit.
    It is convincing though, and they claim to be members of the FL chamber of commerce. That high pricetag raised a red flag though, maybe they're desparate too!

Thanks again and thankfully the internet can be used to prevent abuse as well as foster it.

22nd of May, 2009

Seem's like everyone got the same email I got from the same recruiter Kimberly Carton. I thought it looked legit at first also until I checked them out on the Better Business Bureau's website. They have a C- rating with around 36 complaints. Thanks also to this website I'm finding more bad reviews than I've ever seen on a single company. Thanks for all the other postings. Don't need to waste my time anymore than I already have with this company.

22nd of May, 2009

Thank goodness I found this website !!!

• Br
      23rd of May, 2009

I too took the test but is was a legitamete dictation. I didn't get anything nasty or out of context. I am glad everyone posted complaints because I was getting ready to take the job and bascially get took. Thanks to all that posted.

• Du
      11th of Jun, 2009

They are still sending out those emails... I got one today! I am always extrememly suspicious of anything I know I didn't sign up for, and I've never heard of Beyond.com, so I used Google and here we all are. Thank you, queenregine and everyone else who shared their experiences :)

• Kh
      5th of Jul, 2009

Hi All,

Thanks to all for sharing this information. I had applied to them through Yahoo Hot Jobs and got the same response that you people have written above.

Why do these job boards allow them to post their jobs!!? ... Perhaps just because of some Money!!...

Anyways, once again thanks to all of you to share this useful information.

Kind Regards,

Khawar Khalid

• Ps
      15th of Aug, 2009

I am in shock about the number of complaints here about this company, Transam Associates. I too took the dictation test and was offered a job as an entry level transcriptionist. But then, the communication stopped, altogether. So I took it upon myself to google them. Here I am, you already know the rest of the story. Oh well, I can't give up, I'll keep looking. But for the record, companies of scam artist should get thiers!

Not dead yet, Sincerely,

P Simmons

• Rf
      27th of Aug, 2009

Wow, I m glad I found this site, there are so many scam artist in this world and I really don't have the time or the patience to deal with it.

Thanks

R Fuller

• Ly
      9th of Sep, 2009

I almost got sucked into this today..My common sense was to google the company before I preceded. Thank goodness for common sense and people looking out for others.

• De
      1st of Oct, 2009

Oh boy! They got my resume off of Hot Jobs too...and I was so excited to get the initial email! I, too, am glad that I decided to investigate further. I only lost my job yesterday and thought...WOW out of work for a day and already getting an offer! I certainly don't have money to burn, so thank God for all the people that have posted here!!

• Ze
      7th of Oct, 2009

I just happen to get that email i'm very pist off knowing they got my info from yahoo hot jobs!waste of time who do we complain to stop IDIOTS like that from entering websites and getting our information we put in for real jobs!!

• Ze
      7th of Oct, 2009

And by the way thank you all that put in your comments, stop me from making my life more complicated, thank you!

• Kr
      2nd of Dec, 2009

I recieved the exact same email today. I decided also to do a little research and saw the C- rating on BBB with all of their complaints. Did a little more digging and found this website with all the same complaints. Glad I decided to look around before even doing their "dictation."

• Ke
      10th of Jan, 2010

All I want to know is what can we do about sites that prey on us desperate unemployed folks out here. It should be against the law for such companies to have an operation. I too should be given in the account of this issue here at hand. I now know what to expect in a return mail from this place as well.