Trans-United Moving, Miami, FL / Cost vs Quote, Delivery, packing...

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

I was relocating from North Carolina to Houston Texas and used a "relocation help" contact. I was contacted by many different companies some legitimate and some obviously not. I decided to deal with Prime Van Lines due to price and the limited relocation allowance my company gave me. They arranged for the truck and packing of our belongings. I checked on their record on-line and found them to be acceptable with only one or two complaints in the last few years. I paid a 20% down payment up front and through the "moving professional phone contact.” I dealt with Prime Van Lines only on the phone and arranged for my company to be billed directly for the rest of the payment (approximately $8000.) which they agreed to.

Then Trans-United movers showed up at my door, not the Prime Van lines with which I had contracted. The packers they sent ran out of paper in about two hours and we went to get more. Then they ran out of boxes and we went to get more. There were only two of them and after the better part of the second day of packing my wife and I pitched in to help pack the rest of our belongings. This wasn't the first time we had been moved by "professionals" and what I saw them doing was not what I expected. Because of time constraints and cost I overlooked our furniture not being disassembled as it had been before and the questions about "what is this?" from the packers who were Russian and only one of the two spoke English very well.

After we were finally packed up and loaded and on the way to Houston; I received not one but three calls about when we could take delivery when I had made it clear more than once that we had to acquire a rental home first. We had been given thirty days free storage so we had plenty of time to look. We were lucky and found a home the first weekend and were then told we had to pay the balance before delivery either by credit card charge or cash to the driver. I told them I had arranged with the office to bill my company directly and they said they couldn't wait two weeks for payment even though I had already had it approved by Prime-Van lines in advance, after so much discussion on the phone; they said they were sorry for the misunderstanding and that the "phone operator" had merely asked someone if the company could be billed directly without actually checking with management. So I gave them my credit card number and requested delivery on Friday. They told me the earliest delivery would be Sunday evening. We waited for the call Sunday and it never came. We are still waiting for our goods to be delivered. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day who knows?

I wish I had never tried to save money by using Prime Van Lines who never mentioned Trans United Moving would be servicing our move. United Van Lines had given us a quote which ended up being about $1000. Over the final bill (so far) from Trans-United Moving. Prime Van Lines originally gave us a quote $5000. Dollars cheaper than any other offer we had received; which is why we fell for it.

My advice is to use only nationally recognized movers and hope for the best. I did not know about "rogue movers" before but internet searches have enlightened me.

Comments

Lo
  2nd of May, 2009

This is an update on our move.

Our stuff was finally delivered partly on Monday and the rest Tuesday. Tuesday we discovered that many of the boxes had been soaked and repacked and they didn't even tell us. Water dripped out of the items inside and stuffed funiture was soaked as well. They had no explanation and when contacted all I got was a weak apology. I am so furious and enraged that a company would treat people this way. We have moved several times by ourselves and through other companies and never had this much damage.

DO NOT USE TRANS-UNITED MOVING!!!

25th of Jul, 2009

I wish I would have seen your post sooner. I fell for the same thing with Trans-United only there were two other companies (Moving With Us & Sysco Vanlines) I dealt with in the beginning. I shipped my daughter's furniture and personal items from North Carolina to Oklahoma and she just called me...crying! An irreplaceable family heirloom antique secretary was severely damaged, a dvd player w/remote was stolen, scratches on a 52" plasma tv, and none of the hardware for the bedroom set was given to her.

Surprise, surprise, I also had two Russians who barely spoke English picking up my daughter's things. I am going to do my very best to make sure this company gets what is coming to them. I hope it is jail time, but the way this world is going, there are more liars and thieves out there every day. What a shame...you can hardly trust anyone these days.

I am very sorry you had to experience this kind of thing, L&C. Perhaps we should put our heads together with the rest of the poor folk who have had the displeasure of doing business with Trans-United.

Al
  22nd of Sep, 2009

They are a bunch of Russian thieves they go around the country ripping people off, the way it works is that the agreement states that if your belongins weight more than lets say 800 lbs, they can charge you anywhere from $500 to $3000 in some cases, before they unload it if you dont have the money they give you 2 hours to find it is scary. Somebody needs to stop them!!!

Ka
  11th of Feb, 2010

With all do respect to others that have used TRANS-UNITED INC located in Miami Florida, I would like to say the following. I contracted totally different company for my move from NY to FL, and was giving all the information about additional charges and what to expect for the next two weeks that my load will be in transit. On the day of a pick-up I had Trans-United Movers coming to my door. To my surprise and made a call to the company and was told that this company is being used as a Carrier Company to haul my staff, otherwise they were not able to pick my things on this day. I had no choice but to go with a flow. The Movers were polite, even know they didn’t speak a lot of English. I want to make an important point right now, by saying, we understood each other, and I saw how hard they worked for hours, packing and wrapping all my furniture. In a conversation that I had with them, I understood how hard it is sometimes to follow giving dates of delivery due to serious delays starting from waiting for people, or coming to a house where people didn’t prepare them selves for a move and spending extra amount of time to pick up the load. Weather is also a fact in this. I cant say all went perfect and as I planned, but at the end of the "road" I have all my belongings and pleased with people treating me as a Human.
There is ONE MORE THING I want to concentrate on, as a person leaving in United States of America, where everyone have equal rights, and I don’t appreciate any fellow Americans discriminating anyone who come from a different country.
Sincerely

Wy
  24th of Feb, 2010

I have JUST experienced a nightmare of an experience with "Trans-United" and had never even heard of them until they showed up and I am about to file a case against American Van Lines (do not be fooled--this is not the well-known American Van Lines which is really North American Van Lines) but a company that makes you think they are the well-known company. American Van Lines sounded like they were giving me a good deal and great service only until after they had received my down payment and then unbeknownst to me turned over my shipment to "Trans-United" for what appears to be a flat sum and then left it up to Trans-United to not only extract the money from me with threats to not unload and to instead put in storage and charge me "storage fees" but also refused to take my credit card (that American Van Lines had assured me I could use to pay the balance since it was the same credit card that I used to pay the downpayment to them) and then charged me four percent for using my bank card and then wanted to charge me for this and that and bogttom line: a NIGHTMARE. DO NOT USE either American Van Lines or Trans-United unless you want a helluva experiencve. Wish someone had told me that!!

15th of Mar, 2010

Everything that happened to those unfortunate enough to get taken in by a low-ball moving quote and ended up with Trans United, happened to me, as well. To say it was a NIGHTMARE is an understatement. I wondered for a while how these people could sleep at night and then I realized, they don't have a conscience; they don't even need to justify their behavior because they do not think they are doing anything wrong...just taking advantage of opportunity. They should be ashamed...but, they aren't. :(

Ak
  17th of Apr, 2010

I too ended up selecting Trans-United Inc wasted my time and money. People, stay away from these movers. They attract you with low quotes but they are worth no more than dump. Save your money by staying away from these crap movers.

18th of Apr, 2010

I even contacted the BBB in Florida...they sent me a form, which I filled out, but nothing was ever done. The BBB notified me they found no reason for the complaint. It was like "he said, she said" and even with photos, it did no good.

Wy
  4th of Jun, 2010

to date (some almost four months later) no restitution from american van lines, trans movers, or even the insurance company they supposedly are connected with (ANHEIM?) related to my broken italian marble table. and BBB in arizona was not at all about consumer protection...so all in all, an overall miserable experience for me and lessons learned is every chance i get to ensure that others know about american van lines and trans movers and steer as far away from them as you can...a well oiled machinery out to dupe as many trusting consumers as they can is my final opinion!

Tr
  9th of Jun, 2010

Trans-United out of Miami FL is one of the worst companies I have ever done business with, DO NOT hire them to move your household items. I foolishly hired them in May of 2010 without reading all the complaints regarding them that have been posted on line. They picked up by furniture and other items; clothing, washier and dryer, my 5 year old granddaughters clothing, etc. They have given me two dates that they would deliver my thing since they picked up on the 15th of May. Neither time did they show up or call and when I tried calling them, they hung up and refuse to answer any of my numerous emails. It's now June the 9th and my family still has no answers or any idea of when or if they will they ever deliver our belongings.

Ne
  20th of Jun, 2010

DON’T DO ANY BUSINESS WITH TRANS UNITED - US DOT : 1820565 MOVER UNLESS YOU WANT

• YOUR ( BROKEN, I MEAN REALLY BROKEN )STUFF ARRIVES TOO LATE.

• YOU DON’T WANT TO DO YOUR OWN JOB BUT THEIR JOB WITH FULL PAYMENT TO THEM!!!

• YOU REALLY ENJOY DEALING WITH THE BIGGEST LIERS IN THE WORLD!

• YOU DON’T WANT YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED AT ANY SINGLE POINT IN TIME.

• YOU REALLY WANT TO DEAL WITH A NEW TEMPORARY TRANSUNITED EMPLOYEE EVERY TIME YOU CALL AND START TELLING YOUR CONCERN ALL OVER AGAIN, IN TURN YOU WOULD HEAR THAT “I AM NEW DISPATCHER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND DON’T KNOW WHAT OTHERS/PREVIOUS PERSONS HAVE PROMISED, BUT THIS IS HOW IT IS GOING TO WORK FROM NOW ON------WHOLE NEW STORY”

• YOU REALLY ENJOY GETTING FRUSTATED!!!
• YOU GET PLEASURE FROM KNOWING THAT MOST OF YOUR ITEMS ARE BROKEN AFTER YOU GIVE YOUR FULL PAYMENT (THEY WON’T REDUCE ANY SINGLE PENNY BUT TAKE AWAY MONEY FIRST AND THEN START UNLOADING YOUR ITEMS) !!!

• YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE ALL YOUR ORIGINAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU SETUP WITH
MOVING CONSULTANT, IN MY CASE, ANTHONY, BECOME NULL AND VOID AND GET DRAGGED WITH THEIR OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS ONCE THEY PICK UP YOUR STUFF FROM YOUR HOME!!!

YOU MUST READ THIS FACT I EXPERIENCED WITH TRANS UNITED COMPANY US DOT : 1820565, ADDRESS 1009 PARK CENTRE BLVD, MIAMI, FL 33169.

I picked trans united for the first place because I was convinced that TRANS UNITED is A- rating in better business bureau and is better than others and after I reviewed people opinion here. That was my mistake; I should have reviewed other websites to review people experience that would have stopped me GOING FOR THIS POOR MOVERS.

Guess what, I had totally horrible experience. YOU MUST READ IT. I started with moving consultant name Anthony (if that named person is really employee of the company).
That person promised me - there won’t be any hidden fee for the quote he gave me. He will be SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT through my complete move PROCESS. He also said, the person who will come to my house would be well uniformed (Yana RIGHT!!!) AND they would have proper background check!
I was impressed at that time that I’m dealing with a genuine company. The biggest mistake I did is paid advance 500 USD thinking that the person called Anthony would help me. After he took my initial money, he did not even care to talk with me on the phone. He ignored all my calls and just disappeared!!! Once somehow I caught a person name Anthony, he told me that you must have talked to different person having the same name!!! How odd this could be!!
On Moving date: All promises I had with Anthony just became NULL AND VOID. I really meant NULL AND VOID. I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE TO PAY $413 MORE THAN ESTIMATED QUOTE FOR MATERIALS!! And $150 more for staircase. WHICH I CONFIMRED AND DOUBLE CONFIRMED AT THE TIME OF SIGNING CONTRACT THAT I HAVE TWO STORIED HOUSE AND THERE WON’T BE ANY EXTRA COST FOR MOVING STUFF FROM 2ND. ANTHONY WROTE A MAIL TO ME THAT THERE WON’T ANY HIDDEN COST, BUT GUESS WHAT I COULD NOT GET HOLD OF ANTHONY AFTER I GAVE FIRST 500 ADVANCE MONEY.
LESSON LEARNED: NEVER GAVE $500 ADVANCE BUT JUST GIVE TOKEN AMOUNT $50 TO START WITH.
I got MAD and told driver that if I don’t talk with Anthony I don’t want you to touch my stuff anymore and you can leave now. Quickly I got call from Trans-united Company after I said so, this time rep name was Cortney, she guaranteed me over the phone that I will take care of and remove all the extra money that I was charged for staircase. So I was relaxed and the process gets started.
Another mistake: I did not take that in writing just went by Cortney’s words. (Later on I found that she was released from the company and whatever promised she gave me is now NULL and VOID!!!). I am not sure what better could have happened even I had that in writing based on the worst experience I had at the end.
I specifically mentioned them to deliver my stuff by next weekend, and guess what I did not get my stuff until 3 weeks!! Meaning, whole family got stuck up; we had to sleep on floor for three weeks. That time was not told at the first place; otherwise, we could have made some other arrangement. We were told incrementally that in next 2 days your stuff will be there. After 2 days, again next two days…..At last, after 3 weeks of horrible experience(almost 150 calls to trans united, this is where I fill that I am doing their job and not my own job) with my little two kids, I ultimately got my stuff.
Not to mention, I had to fly overnight to NC from Bloomington, IL just because they said that they would be there by this weekend so you better be there but they never showed up. I ended up spending $1200 to fly there at last moment. I told them about the expense, but it appeared that this is their strategy to give as much pain as they can to customer because now they have 70% of my money and all my household stuff and I have to just follow whatever they say.
Driver called me in advance that if you don’t have cash or cashier’s check, we will not come and turn around. He also said that this how exactly told by my boss and I have to follow that. (I found driver a genuine person in whole process and he helped us a lot) The stuff will not be delivered and we don’t know when you will get it in future. My wife and I were tired of falls notice so we somehow managed $1571 cash on SUNDAY!!! VERY DIFFICULT TO MANAGE THAT MUCH FUND ON SUNDAY!! WHEN ALL BANKS ARE CLOSED.
BOTTOMLINE, AFTER THEY DELIVERED everything, BOXES WERE OPENED AND SOME OF THE ITEMS WERE BROKEN!!! Expensive CROCKERY SETs Were BROCKEN!!
GIVEN SITUATION I PASSED THROUGH, I WOULD RATHER DRIVE MY SELF AND MOVE everything myself than HIRING TRANS UNITED like company.
BEWARE AND DON’T FALL INTO THEIR FALSE PROMISES ANYMORE. NOT SURE HOW COMPANY LIKE THIS SURVIVE IN COUNTRY LIKE UNITED STATES

Fr
  7th of Jul, 2010

I recently had a terrible experience as well. They were late, impossible to get hold of, evasive every step of the way, etc. They re-wrote the terms of the contract upon pickup. And worst of all they flat out tried to steal from me. They gave me an estimate, then ended up saying it was significantly more. I didn't trust them so I had them re-weigh the truck. Sure enough it turned out to be 600 lbs more on their weight ticket than mine. Yet they have thus far refused to give me a refund.

As it appears a large number of people have had this same experience with little or no remedy (they have partially insulated themselves by virtue of their forum selection clause in the contract), I am working to set up a manuever to pursue joint legal remedies. If you have had a poor experience with them and would be interested in helping, please email me at transunitedremedies [at] gmail [dot] com. Just give me a SHORT (preferably bulleted) summary of your main complaints and I will get back in touch with you.

Let's do what we can to end the impunity and help unsuspecting clients moving forward.

Bi
  8th of Jul, 2010

Call me. I was a driver for the company and can add to your case. 347-289-0003

Bi
  8th of Jul, 2010

DO NOT USE.. US 1VAN LINES OUT OF MIAMI, FL...DO NOT USE UNITED STATES VAN LINES OUT OF SOUTH, FL...DO NOT USE TRANS UNITED OUT OF MIAMI. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Pr
  12th of Jul, 2010

Dear aLL
I couldnt believe such a company EXISTS in USA. They are rip off, unreliable and unethical ppl. We were moving from Indy to Rochester NY and contacted this company and like most of all fell prey into the sweet talking customer service rep called ROBERT (if that the real name) ...they were very prompt in getting the deposits and paperwork done.

the day before moving this driver out of the blue calls us and says we are coming for ESTIMATES...OK..we were going for wedding but ehatever...he came inside...looked around and didnt even take any notes...after an hour comes the call that they will not be interested in moving us and we should find a different company!!!

We called and emailed the company hundred plus timesand NO answer still date!!!

Flabergasted ...I want to sue for the tension and the extra 700 i had to pay another comepany for short notice moving...on the bright side I do recomment ELITE MOVING / THE moving expert!!!

Pr
  12th of Jul, 2010

Trans United Detesters!!!

Please go to Google map review and post your experience of this company...i dont want anyone else go through what we did!!!

Ex
  23rd of Jul, 2010

TransUnited Inc. gave me a quoted price of $2090.44 to move me from my house in Cincinnati, Ohio to my apartment in Charlotte, NC with a stop in between and an estimated 3 to 5 day delivery time. After pushing my date back more than three times (from Thursday, July 15 to Saturday, July 17 and then finally arriving on Sunday, July 18), they assured me that my delivery would be made to me by Sunday evening or Monday afternoon because I had to start work that Monday in Charlotte.
After the movers got there, we actually decided to remove the extra stop to not complicate things even further. With that in mind, I fully expected the price to come down or break even.
They then told me after they loaded the truck that (1) I would not be delivered until Saturday, July 24th at the latest and (2) they would charge us an extra $779 upon pickup that they stated would be due on delivery because we went over our estimated cubic footage. This was in addition to the extra $340 for packing materials that they did not originally estimate, which I do not dispute, because there were several televisions and mirrors they had to pack that I didn't’ know they would have to and did not include that in the original estimate. So, minus the extra stop, but adding on all of these other costs, the full total comes to $3035, more than 68% more than the original estimate.
When asked for a copy of the contract that my husband was signing, they could not furnish one (they didn’t have any copies made and it was a Sunday so everything was closed) and said they would send it to the office the following day and I could have one faxed to me. I called every day for a week straight and no one could furnish a copy of the contract. Finally, after reviewing my original estimate that I signed and disputing their calculation method, they said they found the contract and would be able to fax it to me.
The faxed copy basically removes everything from the original estimate and changes the original deal we had agreed to. It charges me based on cubic feet instead of pound. They did not weigh the truck when they got there and now state that they don't have to weigh the truck because I (my husband) signed the contract changing the deal and basing it on cubic footage instead of on weight. Based on the original estimate, however, it states that they were supposed to weight the truck on arrival and never did; therefore, I have no way of disputing the weight they are now charging me. I plan on demanding a new weigh-in upon drop-off but they are saying it's not required. I am challenging it primarily because the estimate included a third bedroom that we did not bring and a dryer which we also did not bring. How we possibly reduced the load by nearly 25% from our items in regards to what was in the original estimate and then the price increases by more than 50% makes no sense to me and that's what I was challenging. The over charge for cubic footage is $779.55.
When asked to speak to a manager, the customer service representative got very nasty with me and said that the manager was busy and on dispatch and refused to speak with me. He said I could wait on hold for as long as I wanted but no one would speak with me because that's what they hire him for. He basically then just said he would fax over my contract and I could do what I needed to with it. No one will still tell me what time my items will be dropped off - after now being more than a week late with the delivery of my items. I still don't even know if the driver is on route or not and no one from the company will answer my questions.

Sh
  18th of Aug, 2010

Hi All,

This was our first move. We hired Trans-united for our move. Looks like we have been trapped too. We were moving from Miami, FL to Sacramento, CA. The customer service representative who gave us an estimate was Jennifer. We gave her all the details of the household things and boxes to be moved over the phone. She estimated our move to be $1151. She was so polite and she gave us her mobile number and said that we could calll her any time and she would available. She also mentioned that she would pick up our call even on the day of the move when the driver was at our house. BUT NONE OF THIS HAPPENED!! She never picked the call on the day we were moving.
When asked why after a few days, she simply said that her daughter broke the phone and it stopped working!

On August 1st, a driver called "Avy" came to our house with 3 other guys by evening 5p.m. He saw all the things that were to be moved, and immedoiately disagreed to the quote. He said that "it was a WRONG quote" and he has nothing to do with it. He argued a lot and was so arrogant. He said he would need $2500 to take all the things.
He said he would charge us $1400 if we removed "DINING TABLE, TV Stand and Computer Desk" from the list. We had to agree to it. He also demanded a deposit of $600 from us. We paid the amount and he gave us a copy of the list with his signature.

We have called almost 100 times and none of them are giving us a status or where our stuff is now. Accidentally our call was picked last week by a representative (John) in the dipatch department and he mentioned that the truck carrying our goods broke down in Atlanta and it would take 2 week more to deliver.

We have a newborn at home. We have not received our goods yet. Its been very difficult with all the commotion being caused by the Trans-United movers. We are realy stuck up with these guys and praying God to help us get our stuff to us safely back.

I still cant believe that such a company exists in the United States. This company is a big time scamming company. Please never ever go with these guys.

The customer service represntative Jennifer is really unfriendly and big time liar. Her number is 305 308 0501.
We still have no idea about where our stuff is and when it wud be delivered. It is really scaryu to read the above experiences people have had with these liars!!

Please for God sake if anyone could help us it would be really great. If you had similar experience and you had found out a solution for it, please kindly inform me.

Ad
  28th of Sep, 2010

From: a current Victim of Trans-United
To: Any future client of Trans –United

I wanted to share my horrible experience with this company with the rest of the people that may be looking to move and are trying to find good quotes. This company has stolen all my goods and the worse about it is that the employees are a bunch of liars (Jennifer, Cliff, and Gary), this company is officially closed as a corporation you can check this information at the following website www.sunbiz.org, but they keep operating taking advantage of honest people….. PLEASE IF YOU CANNOT AFFORT TO HIRE A WELL NOWING COMPANY TO MOVE YOUR GOODS DO A GARALE SALE AND DO NOT LET THIS COMPANY KEEP YOUR BELONINGS….. the address that shows in their website is and empty warehouse and they operate out of a secret place so no this way not one can get their goods back, I am sure that soon or later this RUSSIAN MAFIA is getting behind bars.