Trans Am Medical Transcription Company / Scam

1 Valrico, FL, United States Review updated:

Company claims to "train" medical transcriptionists and keep them on the hook by never allowing them to pass exams and be hired.

Was suspicious, but since I was not in a hurry or needed the money quickly, I was more patient than usual, and studied on and off for a period of three years, accumulating considerable knowledge. When I did take the studying seriously and crammed for the qualifying tests, I passed the first two and "failed" the third, twice as long as the first two.
A friend advised that the company was probably a scam. I began to research the Internet, and found multiple complaints from other "students." This confirmed my suspicions.
Very unfortunate and very discouraging. The money for the software is water under the bridge in my circumstances. I tried to research the company initially through BBB in 2005, it seemed legitimate.
Believe Online BBB must do more rigorous research and post easily accessible results for protection of the public.

Comments

• Dm
      6th of Jun, 2009

I'm not sure if they are a scam. Why would they pay people to do live chats and grade tests for a small (one time) amount of $490.00? I contacted the Better Business Bureau before I paid the fee. It looked good. I have been doing the training for 1 1/2 years. I have yet to pass a test, but that is because of my errors. If you have heard anything else be contact me. Thanks.

• 1k
      16th of Jul, 2009

you got suckered ! I want the President to understand what he has allowed Unfortunately, the Former President Bush to get away with !

Now every one has taken a lesson form The Former President Bush ... thinking were all baffons eager for something, anything that might make life a little less complicated by looking for a job or having a job now getting a job is a high priority for the majority and there are none because of the past greed.

Now we see the scavengers play the devil looking to cheat steal and rob us all of what we have rightfully earned to further their profits and walk back to their hell holes singing na na na na i got your money and your mad as hell, but all you can do is write a complaint !

• Me
      6th of Jul, 2011

you will never pass the tests. if you try to get your money back you are SOL. The trainers never contact you back. The company sends out lies and then tells you you are out your money. I have been with them since 2009 and got no where.

• Ba
      3rd of Jun, 2014

Apparently a lot of us got suckered! I too wanted to work from home while taking care of my Mom who wasnt well at the time and found this online. I also tried to research the company through the BBB and found nothing negative. Now I'm out $500 that I really didnt have to begin with. A few years after I tried to get back into it and called the company to find out if I had to purchase the rights all over again and they told me no that I would only have to send $50 to get reinstated. Here I am again looking for the link to get back into it and I now find out it was nothing more than a scam. How do we get our money back? Is there any kind of class action law suit going on? Would like to know.

The people are right in saying how they were never good enough to pass the tests. I tested plenty of times and even though I was in the medical field prior, I could never pass.