Trails.com / fee for booking hotel

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I recently booked a reservation through this website (it came up on my search engine for the area I was interested in). At the time I didn't notice the $4.99 site fee for booking through them (it was "buried" in the list of fees) and was surprised when I saw it on my cc statement. The thing that made me decide this site wasn't worth the visit much less the fee was that the hotel had no record of the the reservation. When I called trails.com to complain, the only response was they their website received an automated computer response from the hotel that the reservation had been received. There was no offer of a rebate of the fee. BUYER BEWARE - USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Su

More Trails.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gy
      4th of Sep, 2009

I will never use trails.com again to make a hotel reservation! The no change policy and cancellation policy exceeding 24 hours prior to check in are ridiculous for travelers. I didn't notice the $4.99 site fee for booking through them either. Based on the attitude of the reps at 1-800-308-7401, the company does care becuase they already have your money. And what kind of callback phone number is 636-000-0000? Obviously one they're hiding behind. I'll second "BUYER BEWARE - USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

• Ps
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Trails.com is a total scam.
    They over charged me for my reservation and included a fee. An hour after we made the reservation we had a family emergency in which we had to cancle the reservation and make it for the next day. Yet according to their "scam" policy you have to be in possession of a time machine to go back to the previous day in order to cancle after incurring the fee and tax and room charges of course.
    Julie at trails.com 1-866-412-3895 can't help you and is instructed to tell everyone about their scam policy. Her "supervisor" pimp Lindsy is way too busy to help cuz she is counting the money. So they have sent it on to accounting to handle in 7-10 business days in which I will receive either 1 cent or the whole amount.
    So I am contacting AMEX to report fraud. Then the BBB. Then small calims if not handled in time.
    Fraud through the internet is a federal crime ###!

• Ge
      23rd of Aug, 2011

Nothing works on this web site. $50 a year for access to this site and it is broke most of the time.