Traffic Police Pune / Corruption

1 India Review updated:

Today morning 01.07.2008(9 am) i was caught by Pune Traffic police in Wakad Chouk. Police is a lady and she spoke to me in Marati even though she knows i didn't understand. Basically I am from Tamil Nadu but she made use of my weakness and frightened me. And also she frightened me she will take away my new bike police station by tempo.

I bought bike last week and i don't have insurance document and other stuffs other than the delivery document of the bike. As far as i am concerned Delivery document is sufficient till the time we get. She was shouting she will charge me Rs.1000/- But when i gave Rs.250/- she accepted and she gave back my bike key, license and bike delivery document.

I hope she is getting paid and she is not a road begger. If she likes to earn money she should have gone to some other stuff :-( Like others (who posted comments in this website) i do not have photographs or video recordings for this corruption to post here.

But still i hope god will be watching these things.

Regards,
R. Nagarajan.

Comments

• Ra
      2nd of Jul, 2008

Being a Tamil do you have any moral rigths to complain about the cop speaking in Marathi? Ask any Indian who is not from south how horrible it is to get information. Not only do you people refuse to talk even in English, you also give wrong information on purpose.

Atleast you do not have to plead for general information as we Maharashtrians are very helpfull and accomodative. Even when we know that once you come here you will bring 10 more of your people and not give jobs to locals if you have the power.

First you should start behaving properly when we people visit your states. Then only can you demand what you are demanding.

• As
      3rd of Aug, 2008

Hello Rahul,

The issue is not about speaking Marathi, but about being a victim of corrpution.

My point is that, it is people like Nagarajan who are not victims of corrpution, but the cause of this evil.

When he bought a bike, it was his responsibility to know what rules and docs are necessary to drive it on the road. If he went out on road without such docs, the fist fault was his.

And then, why did he give Rs 250 when the fine was Rs 1000 ?

Shame on you Nagarajan... it is people like you who are the cause of this evil, not vicitims !

3rd of Oct, 2008

Hi,
    I am Sachin from Pimpri. Today morning 3-sept-08 i was driving and on Nashik Phata one police officer P V Shinde caught me saying that i have fancy no plate. He used many bad and pathetic words like "madarchod", "aaighalya" and many more..i kept silent as i was to and even tried to hit me with stick. I was ready paying but even then he told me that he will not give me license and PUC which he took before and told me leave or else will lock up in police station. I paid 100 rs (Reciept No: 129472). I kindly request the higher police authority to take quick and major action against this..pathetic police officer as he was using bad words and was even hitting me. His name is P V Shinde and was on duty in morning between 10.3-11 AM on Friday 03-sept-2008.
    Thanks

• Ni
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Hi mr nagya,

Speaking in marathi is the right of all maharashtraians.. if you dont understand it then just get lost from here...

It was great that she left you but its totally your fault that u had no correct papers of the vehical and you were driving it...

Next time mind your langauge when what you say...

Regards

Nikhil

• Am
      8th of Nov, 2008

This is damn b**s**t...if you say that speaking marathi is right of all maharashtrians then it is right to speak hindi of all hindi people..and who the hell are you to ask people to get lost from here ??
    Look at the history and if you can not look at the social and economic statistics...it is NOT the marathi people who made up Mumbai as a business hub.
    Narrow minded people like these are promoting hatred among people and should be banned from such forums.

• Ka
      1st of Dec, 2008

Dear Sir,

please job me sir need and other jobs

• Cr
      28th of Aug, 2010
    Traffic Police Pune - why the traffic police was not present daily on there alloted place? somtimes there are present in the corner which is not visible properly.
    Traffic police of Pune
    India

why the traffic police was not present daily on there alloted place? sometimes there are present in the corner which is not visible properly. Actually i want to know that, it is not mandatory to traffic police present on daily basis at signals.

• Ha
      9th of Dec, 2010

pune traffic police are more polite very good experience in sangamwadi chouwk p.i mr shinde was very polite on5/12/10 to the general people thanks this because of able manegement d.c.p mr patil good work we love y sir