Tracfone / can't get service

1 Challis, ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: 208-879-4772

Two months ago I ordered a TracFone from their web site and after trying four phones, have still not been able to get service in my area. The web site first asked for my zip code, then displayed several phone that would work in my area. The first one I received was an LC3280. I activated the phone but was not able to get service at home, but it worked fine 80 miles from home. I called the company and they said they would send a new one. Again, the new LC3280 was not able to get service in my area, and neither was the 3rd LC3280 they sent. Finally they sent a Motorola phone with a sim card. I tried to activate it online, but was unable to do so. I called the the person I talked to said that phone would not work in my area. I was told a supervisor would call me within 48 hours to help straighten the situation out. It's past 48 hours, but still no call. I think they're hoping I will just give up.

Pe

Comments

5th of Aug, 2013

I'm having the same problem with my LG800G. I have to walk 1/2 mile down the road to make a call or text. Works fine away from home. I have called, been put on hold, transferred to multiple people, probably spent 2 hours on the phone at one point, until I realized noone could do anything for me except transfer me to someone else. I have about 500 minutes left, and 98 days, so I am using the phone, but is a big pain in the butt when I can hear the phone ring or I get a text but I can't read the text or answer the call because it goes back out of service. I can be standing in the same place and it will show 4 bars and then nothing in the course of 30 seconds. Very frustrating. I have had the same problem with every no-contract phone I have gotten, I don't want to have to sign on to a 2-year contract at $50 a month just to get a signal in my house. The tracfone plan is great because you can buy minutes that last for a year, and this phone came with triple minutes for life - maybe that's why they don't work. Minutes might as well be free if you can't use them!!