Toysrus Toys R Us / toys r us heath insurance scam

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

Toys r us retains the right to not provide any documentation for the health insurance enrollment. Yes that's right.in fact they don't even have to tell you who the insurance company is, or how much its going to cost.

I recently contacted toys r us regarding there open enrollment. I was told I would have to join before I could get any of this information.

I asked if could receive documentation about the different plans and prices, I was told by the toys r us benefits department that, "we reserve the right to withhold that in formation". Yes, that's what they said. They also said they reserved the the right not to send any information via paper.

I asked, "how can I decide or hold accountable the benefits department if I have nothing that states prices? They said,"I cant".

I asked,"what if I do nothing"? They said they would sign me up anyways (Even if I don't want coverage) and I would have to deal with it later.

This is illegal.

Its all a scam stay away from it and hope the obama administration gets on top of the whole fake insurance scam that is going on...

How do you think it would go filing a claim with them??? Nothing about what they take from your check for is anything to do with insurance.

Br

Comments

6th of Dec, 2007
    ToysRus/Bradford Gym set - False promises
    Johnstown
    Pennsylvania

I went online on the Sat. after Thanksgiving to order a Swingset that ToysRus had on sale. I was told they were out but were expecting more. I asked if I would recieve the advertised price ($74.99) and was sent an email promising this price as long as it was within 30 days. I checked the online site and found the product so I called them to place my order. They told me that they could not honor this. They said they NEVER pricematch. I explained that this was told to me via email. Why would I pull these exact figures out of the air? They refused to honor this promise.

• Ga
      26th of Jan, 2008
    ToysRUs - Did not receive order!
    One Geoffrey way
    Wayne
    New Jersey
    Phone: 1800toysrus
    www.ToysRusinc.com

We ordered 2 online gift certificates to be mailed to the recipients address. We placed the order on 12-16-07 and the order still has not been received. (1/25/08). We have contacted Toys R us twice and they have failed to deliver the gift cards still. They say they have shipped the cards but they are not being received. They have not offered to do anything for us except try again. These cards are for children who do not receive much for Christmas and here it is over a month later and they still don't have them.

• Va
      23rd of Sep, 2008
    Toys R Us - Awful experience
    Toys R Us
    toysrus.com

My son received a duplicate Little Tykes Basketball Hoop. I tried to get a store credit but was rejected because I didn't have a receipt. Since my sister in law purchase item online, she thought she deleted her emails. Now 2 and 1/2 months later, my sister in law found her email confirmation receipt. I printed the receipt and took to the store. They tried to punch some # into the register but it didn't take so now they want the packing slip. It didn't have a packing slip. It was just the big LT box with UPS shipping label adhered to the box. I'm so frustrated that I've been to the store two times and got no results. I had $70 worth of merchandise that I left on the counter and swear I'll never shop at Toys R Us again because of their poor customer service and return policy.

16th of Dec, 2008
    Babies R Us/Toys R Us Inc - store credit
    Babies R Us
    West Covina
    California
    Phone: 626-974-4297

Had store credit in the form of gift card since my baby shower and some criminal in Florida had used it online -wiped it out clean. so I reported to Babies R Us Loss Prevention Team - given a reference #081105-000270. That was 8 weeks ago and I had been calling them every week to check on the progress and each time I called they just pacified me saying that they are still investigating and that my case is "top priority". My baby is approaching 6 months and I really need to buy things for him using the store credit. Why wouldn't Babies R Us give credit back to me since they know it's some a--hole in Florida had used my credit illegally!

• Sh
      21st of Dec, 2008
    Toys R Us - sales and coupon
    Louisiana

i bought a power wheels from tru and just 1 day later it went on sale $50 cheeper i went to the store for a price difference and ended up getting $12 back. i ask why and the manager told me i had only paid $312 for the item because i had used coupons. so now the coupons i used were not worth anything. what tru does is they take a percentage off of each item on the ticket, not the total amount of all items i had 2 gift cards worth $10 and 10% off i bought 3 items on that ticket and they divided the $20 and 10% among the 3. so when i went for the refund my ticket read that the price for the jeep was $312 insted of $349.95 so what it all boils down to is that i lost the total value of my gift cards. yes i paid 299.95 for the jeep in tru eyes but what i see is that this is a big rip-off

• Bi
      28th of Dec, 2008

I'm an Asst Store Manager at a local TRU ... If that was the case... and they didn't give you the $50 back... what you should have done was return the jeep and then rebought it for the markdown price plus make them honor your coupon on it...

just some advice

• Er
      24th of Jun, 2009

Just so you know... Toys R Us and the Toys R Us online store are NOT affiliated... So don't blame the store for not being able to return an item that you purchased online.

• Re
      19th of Aug, 2009

Eh, maybe its just your state, bud. I work for TRU and had full knowledge of the benefits I was receiving, before enrolling. Your HRDS should have been able to provide you with the needed documentation as to pricing and such. I'm in MA and for the past couple of years health insurance has been mandatory (or face tax penalties come tax time) and for every open enrollment period (ours is in September), updated catalogs are available. I would speak to your HRDS and see what the deal is. Otherwise I would suggest reviewing any local regulations or what have you. There is sometimes that overlooked stipulation that'll annoy the crap out of ya :)

• Ve
      7th of Jan, 2010
    ToysRUs - Don't shop there
    ToysRus

I spent a little over $300.00 @ toysrus on 12-21-09. one of the items i bought was a socom ps3 game for my son. come to find out u had to have the internet and all kind of other crap to play the game just not a ps3. the reason i didn't know this prior is because u can not actually see the game u have to get a little white piece of paper with the name of the game on it and then carry it to the cashier where she gets the game and then rings u up and then puts it in a bag. i guess their worry about people stealing them. but anyway i contacted them to exchange the item and they told me that they wouldn't exchange the item are give me my money back due to me not having an itemized reciept. i threw the oringal reciept away but i did have a bank statement stateing that i spent a little over $300.00 dollars there on 12-21-09. i was told that wasn't good enough. toyrus talks about how they are for kids but yet they conduct business like this especially around christmas. so i say f toysrus and any franchise with them. i will never by another item from toysrus in fact i hope they go out of business. peolpe like this usally get what they deserve. i agree with the other consumer WALMART all the way.

• Bo
      7th of Jan, 2010

The box is above the white ticket. Lift it up and you can read the back. It was you mistake throwing the receipt away. Take some responsibility.

• Pe
      19th of Apr, 2010
    Toys R Us - Awful after sale policies
    Toys"R"Us
    toysrus.com

I bought 2 electric bikes (a substantial purchase) at Toysrus and the handbrakes never worked correctly. A simple adjustment was needed. Unfortunately I waited 8 days too long to bring this to their attention. I spoke to the manager, I think his name is Mike, at the Watchung, NJ store asking him if they would adjust the brakes (The bike assembler could probably do it in a couple of minutes). He was rude and unbending on their 90 day policy. When I told him that this would effect my future business with the store, he simply accepted it and did not even offer an apology. Is this store so secure that the customer is treated like this?

• Br
      30th of Apr, 2010

They did the same to me!

Gave me false numbers as well. Rude, mean, greedy!

• Ju
      25th of May, 2010

I am an HRDS for TRU and we were able to go online and print up a pricing list and full disclosure of all benefits offered to us as full time associates.

I personally sat with two other employees today and called the benefits line to get answers because we were considering changing our plans during open enrollment. We all sat together and the RUs benefits help line answered all of our questions including prices and our out of pocket costs.

Your HRDS should have walked you through it and helped you out. There was even a question that Rus benefits couldn't answer so they gave us the number for the insurance company and even the plan id number so we could get the proper answer.

During open enrollment they need more man power so you probably got someone new or a temp. Keep calling the Rus help center until you get the right person!

• Ju
      10th of Jul, 2010
    Toys R Us.com - No concern for customers
    Toys R Us.com

Recently I placed 2 orders on toysrus.com. One on july 5th and one on july 7th. both orders were submitted before the daily deadline for processing. According to their website the processing time for each order was 1-2 business days. A CSR told me that each order should be packed the day it's ordered and shipped the following day. The first order (placed on July 5th) was not shipped until the end of the day on the 8th. The second order(placed on July 7th) as of now has not shipped. I can understand some delays but double the stated time TWICE is unacceptable. I emailed customer service and received a standard "your order is set to ship..." reply. I emailed again stating my displeasure. I received the same response with more detail(but still no apology). I emailed to corporate and got no response.

This is not a major issue by itself but also with these orders I discovered that toysrus.com has a terrible billing policy. When the order is placed they put a hold on the money to make sure it is there. The hold takes 3-5 days to release the funds back to the bank. They charge for each item as it is shipped. So I had over $200 in holds on my bank account and they were starting to charge the same $200 before the hold was released. I would have gotten overdraft charges except for we delayed paying the bills by 2 days. Even worse is since they charge for each item separately it would not have been 1 $39 overdraft charge but could have been as many as 6.

Be warned...if you order from toysrus.com make sure you have double the money available for the first 3-5 days and don't need that money for anything else.

• Ha
      7th of Dec, 2010
    ToysRUs - Bait and Switch
    ToysRUs

ToysRUs advertised XBox 360 Kinnect Controller as an early bird special. When I tried to purchase the Kinnect Module and Game Special for a 50.00 Dollar card as incentive. They had the more expensive edition for 399.00, but not the advertised 199.00 module. The clerk informed me they were sold out the units on the launch days several days prior and would not issue rain checks for early bird specials. I have spent the last month attempting to purchase the module from them and they say they never received any shipment beyond the lauch date and now don't expect them until after Christmas. How can a store advertise merchandise as a special when they had none available to sell? I called the 800 number and got a lady who told me she could help me and promptly hung up on me. I called back and this lady told me all ToysRUs sales depend on availability and there is nothing she could do but appoligize. When I asked if this is Bait and Switch she said she could conntact Corporate, but that takes at least 10 days. All I wanted was for the store to honor their ad. It a shame it todays economy a store chooses to mislead customers with a smile on their face. If I would of known that I have to spend 399.00 to get the higher priced model, I wouldn't have spent over 200.00 dollars in their store on the November 6 shopping trip on other gifts.

• Po
      7th of Dec, 2010

Ads also usually state "not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors." And sometimes a lack of product is not the fault of the store, but the supplier.

• Il
      16th of Feb, 2011
    ToysRUs - Rip off
    ToysRus

My 11 year old son purchased a video game from toys r us during a promotion. He received a $20 gift card due to the promotion, the store clerk told him that this card would not be activated for six hours. Hence he was not able to use this on an additional purchase during this outing.

Saturday I took him back to the store and he tried to make a purchase using this $20 gift card, during this time he was told that this gift card expired on 1/31/11 and he therefore was out of luck! I spoke to the manager and he simply told me that he felt bad but there was nothing that he could do for my son. The card expired and the store took back the $20!

Talk about a bogus scam!! We left the store and both vowed to NEVER purchase anything again at TOYS R US!!! That store preys upon unsuspecting youth and I will not patronize any corporation that steals from it's customers. Let's face it, many stores carry the same items as TOYS R Us and they do so at lower prices!

Boycott TOYS R US ...my family and friends will not support this store anymore!

29th of Apr, 2011

Hawaii toys r us provides a basic online instruction paper that leads in circles an hour and a half later and I've yet to see pricing for the local kaiser plans for my family

• Jb
      13th of May, 2011
    Toys R Us - Horrible service
    Toys R Us

I had to write you about my recent experience at your store in Olathe, KS. First of all, I should say that I try to avoid shopping at your store at all costs because every time I have shopped here I have bad experiences. Either the coupons I've brought in don't work, the people working are incompetent, or you are severaly under-staffed and it takes forever to purchase an item because you have one cashier in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday. This recent trip I went in to buy an infant car seat. I had a coupon for 20% off. I haven't been to your store in a year and I was hoping things had improved but unfortunately they had not. When I went to check out, the cashier informed me that I could not use the coupon because I didn't have it lined up properly and the bar code was missing a number. I asked if they could still apply the 20% off because I clearly had their store coupon. They said they could not because they didn't have any way to do this. I asked if they had a kiosk with internet that I could pull up my coupon and they could write the number down, they did not. So a customer in line (which the line was so backed up because they only had one person on registers) offered for me to use her coupon. At first they said no but then after we debated with the worker she agreed to let us do this and applied the 20%. It was such a hassle and so much more complicated then it needed to be. BRU is a place I generally avoid because there is always hassle involved when I buy things there and I am an easy going shopper. I don't understand how one store can make so many people so angry. I don't know anyone (and I know a lot of moms) who say they love shopping at BRU. If you can buy the baby items you need from Target or Walmart or somewhere else, do it! BRU does not have good customer service, they clearly don't train their employees well nor do they have good coupon policies. I would not shop there and go to stores who are customer friendly!

• Go
      16th of Jun, 2011

A promo gift card is almost EXACTLY like a coupon. It says ON THE CARD ITSELF the expiration date of the gift card. Grow up instead of having us feel pity over "your child's innocence."