Toys R? Us / poor customer service

Pa Review updated:

So as i was was walking out of the store i decided to double check receipt. I noticed that the amount i payed for on 2 Nerfs N-Strife Elite Stryfe were not the listed price of 24.99 each but instead 29.99. Also, i did not recieve the BOGO sale of buy one get one 40% off all nerf blasters. i immediately walked over to the customer service counter and waited my turn. Once i was up, i explained to the associate " Geena" (possibly the floor mananger) of what had occured. She seemed nice enough at first and was willing to walk with me to the back isles to check the priceing and BOBO signage. Once there she notice the price of 24.99 instead of the checked out price of 29.99 and told me that she would fix this. When i asked about the buy one get one 40% off BOGO, she looked around at the other Nerf boxes and stated that what i was buying was not a blaster and that only "blasters" pertain to that BOGO. Now.. i am not a Nerf expert, but pretty much all Nerf guns are blasters. I told her this, and even showed her the words "elite stryfe blaster" on the back of the box. She then stated that the word "blaster" must be on the front of the box. At this point my mind swirls and the whole situtation has started to become asinine..i settle for giving up on the BOGO and ony want my adjustment concerning.. paying 29.99 for items marked 24.99. Geena, tells me she does not have a calculator and that it will take awile to figure out how much i would need to be returned.. Perhaps i may have been a little short..but i told her that the solution is easy, and not as hard as she is making it. I began to explain to her that if i payed 29.99 on an item that cost 24.99 then i over payed by 5 dollars. I bought 2 so basically 5 twice would be 10 dollars, plus the tax on that 10...Now granted that i had a 15 percent coupon that i used and 18 dollars worth of reward money along with other items i had purchased.. this should not affect the simple math of being charged 10 dollars extra.. I assume that Geena felt i was being beligerent with her as she continued to disregard my math, worked her funky number.. and even at one point.. threatened me by stating "do you want me to Not do this and make you leave the store? ( if this were to happen it would mean toys r us would of actually robbed me. I was also caught by surprise by this statement as i felt i wasn't being rude..) Of course i stated "no" and that i just wanted my money whatever she felt the proper amount would be (because clearly it didn't matter what i said because she was the dictator..) Eventually she returned 10 dollars and 50 cents worth of tax on that... I Thanked her and told her i would be writing a complaint to the store becuase she did one thing wrong. She asked what she did that was wrong and i let her know that yes, the situation was stressful and that we both were at times a little hot.. howevered... the one thing she did wrong was threaten the customer with not fixing a clearly store mistake and kicking them out because they were expressing a concern over the whole situation.. and yes, of course she stated "go ahead" with the writing of a complaint.

Comments

• Pa
      Dec 09, 2012