Toys r us / gift card fraud

Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
4.4
Phone: 1 800 TOYSRUS
My father ordered 500. 00 on 2 gift cards on 12 - 6 they were shipped on 12 - 12 i had them next day aired to me. I just had a craniotomy because of a brain anuerysm bleed. I have 5 plates 10 screws and 2 clips in my head, i am lucky to even be here celebrating christmas with my children and my dad was helping me out because i have not been able to work. I am learning how to walk again. So i went to toys r us to buy presents for my 3 children, spent 3 hours shopping then went to the register to check out and they said that there was no money on the cards that someone used them on the 18th of dec. I spent another 1 1 / 2 hours with the store manager trying to get this settled with the on line people with no luck. We were transfered to 5 different people disconected 3 times and nothing got taken care of. First they said i used them at a store, then one said that they were cashed out, one said the shipping people must have gotten my card numbers and used them, another one said that an order was placed on line from the same store that issued me the cards in las vegas. I live in florida. Day 2 i spent another 5 hours on hold with several different people all telling me that they would fix this. Nothing again. Day 3 same b. S. On hold forever or waiting for a return phone call that i yet to receive. Day 4 is today. On hold for hours again. They said that they will be re - valuing the cards finally! But it has been almost 12+ hours and still nothing on my cards!!! Tomorrow is christmas eve, my last chance to get presents for my kids. I can not believe the run around i am getting from toys r us the family store! I have not slept in 3 days just wondering and waiting to see if we will have a christmas this year. After all that i have been through in the last couple of months with my surgery, this beats all! They took my fathers 500. 00 and now i have to wait until their fraud dept figures out who used them at their own location!! I am so disgusted with them, it is christmas time. What a mess!!
Well thanks for letting me vent. I guess i will be calling the police next. Maybe they can do something for me.
Thanks for listening & have a nice holiday!!

Comments

5th of Jul, 2008
wow, what a mess! i hope it went well for you.!
Mr
  2nd of Jan, 2011
I just went to use a Babies R Us Gift Card that I received for my daughter's first birthday back in August. The card has been sitting, still stuck to it's original package in the birthday card in my closet since I received it. The amount was $100, but when I plugged the GC number in on the website it told me that the balance was $0. So I called customer service and they confirmed that the balance was $0. I explained to them that I had gotten the card as a gift in August and had basically forgotten about it, had just tore it off the package backing and had not spent a penny of it. The rep told me that the card was used up on November 12th 2010. So I asked him where and for what. Of course he could not tell me, just that he was sorry and that it would be handled with their Corporate Resolutions division and I would receieve a call in 7-10 business days. I stated that I had read many stories about this online and that people were not getting satisfaction and he assured me that this would not be the case. I see that the above story is dated 2008, and the company stated that they were no longer going to issue cards that did not have the security measures (scratch off bars over the card numbers and pins) but the card that I received that was purchased in August of 2010 had no pin and a fully viewable card number. My question is this...if someone just wrote down the number and waiting for a balance to appear on the card, they would have to have spent the money ONLINE since they were not in possession of the card. In that case, there would have to be some record of who used it and where it was shipped. Also, no one spends exactly $100 (with tax and shipping it would be a little more or a little less) so they would have to have spent another amount. If it was slightly less, there would be some sort of a balance and if it was slightly more, they would have had to have used a credit card for the overage. So how is it that this cannot be tracked?
  25th of Oct, 2012
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I placed an order for a gift certification online from Toy R Us but the number didn’t work when my grandson went to the store with his mom . I called Toy R Us and for three consecutive opportunities costumer services workers promised that the gift certification was fixed with new numbers that was emailed to me and to my daughter in law: for three time my grandson was disappointed again in the store. I called customer services several times, I told with supervisors and workers, they are: Steve worker No. 2116; Ivet, worker No. 6133 ; Britney worker No 5761; Juan worker No 5996 ; Aide, Nory and Lisa, a girl that asked me all information about my debit card. I told to them in Spanish and English because Spanish is my home language. This workers promised to me that Toy R Us will deposit back my money in my account and nothing happen ever. So my grandson has not gift certification; I have not my money back. The reference number of my call is 120722-001666. J. G.
  25th of Oct, 2012
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I placed an order for a gift certification online from Toy R Us but the number didn't work when my grandson went to the store with his mom . I called Toy R Us and for three consecutive opportunities costumer services workers promised that the gift certification was fixed with new numbers that was emailed to me and to my daughter in law: for three time my grandson was disappointed again in the store. I called customer services several times, I told with supervisors and workers, they are: Steve worker No. 2116; Ivet, worker No. 6133 ; Britney worker No 5761; Juan worker No 5996 ; Aide, Nory and Lisa, a girl that asked me all information about my debit card. I told to them in Spanish and English because Spanish is my home language. This workers promised to me that Toy R Us will deposit back my money in my account and nothing happen ever. So my grandson has not gift certification; I have not my money back. The reference number of my call is 120722-001666. J. G.

Toys Toys "R" Us