Toyota / unethical behavior

Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:

On the morning of Friday, January 16, 2018, my son took our Toyota Rav4 to the Glendale Toyota Dealership to have the brakes fixed because they were squeaking. At first, we approved to have the car serviced, but within 5 minutes changed our minds because the cost was too expensive. The mechanic then said it was too late because they already finished working on 1 brake/rotor. We didn't believe him because it takes more than 5 minutes to work on a brake. We felt they told us that so as to force our hand and have them finish the work. Needless to say, we will never go back to that place again.

Al
Jan 26, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Jan 26, 2018

I can appreciate the frustration, but can see how th they would already have the hub off to check the breaks. As soon as you say, "Go" they're not going to set around to make sure it's absolutely what you want to do.

•   Jan 26, 2018

I had a Rav 4 and my Toyoyta dealership had horrible service. Bring it in at 8 am for oil/filter change and at 3:00 pm it's ready. It takes more than five minutes to put it up on the lift. Brakes aren't simple to access; I'm female but know a lot about cars though mostly classics. I'd write to the owner and complain. Explain the overcharge compared to the competition and tell them you're angry and should have gone elsewhere, despite great service. Ask for a credit of the difference and tell them it takes more than five minutes to put a career up n the lift. If told no, file online with the BBB. No mechanic can pull brake parts in five minutes unless on the Indy 500 crew.

I have horror stories about my dealership including $2, 000 in damage to my Tacoma truck when backing out of the lift. Their insurance paid and I got a free loaner for eight days. If they can't back out of the garage in a small truck, I don't trust them in my vehicles. I learned how to do simple repairs and trust me, working on non-disk brakes isn't easy!

•   Jan 26, 2018