Toyota of Temecula Valley / unfair charges

1 26631 Ynez RdTemecula, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-829-0575

I brought my 2008 car into the service department for an emissions related smog test failure. Since my fairly new I told the service writer that it should be under warrenty. He agreed. Later that day I received a call expecting to have the problem repaired for free. Instead I was told that there was nothing wrong and I owed $97 for a diagnostic fee. I was not told that this fee had to be paid on a car under warrenty. The general manager and service department have not been helpful in listening to my complaint and can care less about me as a customer. I feel that I was ripped off and had to pay for nothing.

Comments

• Lo
      11th of Nov, 2009

Your low mileage Sienna van should have passed the smog test the first time!!! You paid $50.00 at an independent smog station and FAILED!!! Then you take it to Toyota and it passed the smog test. You got ripped off by the other shop who failed you in the first place!! Smog test are not under warranty! If the vehicle has a PART FAILURE, then the PART is under warranty. THERE WAS NO PART FAILURE. The vehicle passed with flying colors. The fee was for the cost of the smog test with cert. The other shop may have not warmed up the car properly, or not calibrated the smog machine right. The Bureau of Automotive Repair investigated the claim and DID NOT see any problems with Toyota of Temecula Valley's smog test results. The other smog tech should have double checked his work because the is no way it should have failed the test. IF YOU TOOK IT TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE FIRST, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO SMOG THE VEHICLE TWICE!!

• Un
      18th of May, 2010

They rip you off. I paid $ 760 for brake pads and they did not change the oil for which I went there in first place. The worst experience ever to a dealer