Toyota Matrix / engine fire
I purchased a 2009 Toyota Matrix new from the dealer. At 24k mi/ 2&1/2 yrs old, the car started smoking. I attempted to pull over and the brakes completely failed. I had to use my emergency brake to stop and all the dash lights were lit up . A sheriff was behind me and witnessed the incident. I got out of my car, walked across the street and the engine compartment erupted into flames. Within 5 min. the car was engulfed and destroyed. My insurance hired an investigator and Toyota finally got their own investigator after repeated calls from me and my ins company. The ins investigator strongly agrees it was vehicle/electrical failure. Toyota's investigator failed to find a cause and are unwilling to accept responsibility. I came very close to being killed. After 3 Toyota's I am now a Hyundai owner.
More Toyota Matrix Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - rav4 negligent misrepresentation - wa state - toyota bellevue
- toyotalotto.thai1210signgmail.com - scam
- 2006 Toyota Corolla - clicks and jerks 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - toyota extra care vehicle service agreement application number ar621f
- Liberty Toyota Of Burlington, NJ - I have officially been degraded.