Toyota Lottery Company / Fake lottery scam!

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (310) 500-0603
I received an email contending that I had entered a Toyota Company Sweepstakes and had won $6 million English pounds or $12 million dollars. I responded asking to send my prize right away. I got a series of 2 emails and several telephone calls with an unknown number. The first email said, "Your payment form (could be or might not be an error in syntax) the Toyota Lottery Company has been approved, contact our accredited courier shipping company immediately... I advise you to get in touch with Mr. John Woods of the Geopost Courier Service UK. His contact information is Geopost courier service. Phone: +[protected]. email: geopostcourierservice2007@yahoo.co.uk

Mr. Mchenri Henshaw email: mchenrihenshaw@diplomats.com.

I provided the information (including my name, address where I wanted the parcel delivered & my tele. #. I then received another email from the Geopost Courier Service UK, 1027 Bond St., Ste. 300, London NW6 4NY, UK, which states that if I go immediately to a Western Union and send $400 to them (it actually does not say anything will happen - it does say that "Please send your response within the next 24 hours to enable us to expedite action on your parcel." Again, this does not warrant that they are sending me a parcel. This email is signed by John Woods, Geopost Courier Service at email: geopostcourierservice2007@yahoo.co.uk.

Is this a lawful type of scam? I told them that they can send the car or the money and I will gladly pay the $400. I don't expect anything to happen about that. How does this insidious conduct get stopped? Please advise smb. Thank you.

Comments

Sh
  22nd of Nov, 2007
I received a mail. Can you please tell me that it is true or fake?

Copy of email is given below:

Dear Winner,

Congratulations from all the staff here in the British lottery department,you have been granted clearification as a winner of the TOYOTA LOTTERY.

Your e-mail address was attached to ticket number: 56475600545 188 with Serial number 5388/02 drew the lucky numbers:31-6-26-13-35-7 , which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus. All participants for the online version of the national lottery,were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online.

We have received your filled out informations so to proceed with your claims, you must immediately contact Mr Felix Frye of our affiliated security/courier company, EXPRESS COURIER SERVICE. So that arrangements can be made for your cheque and winning documents to be delivered to your door step.This makes the claims process much easier, since a good majority of our overseas winners can't come in person to the lottery headquaters here in England,to collect their winning documents and get paid directly. Do endevour to contact them via email,with the following details:

(1).Your full name
(2).Your address in full
(3).Your phone number
(4).Your Fax number
(5.)Your order number,which is:(D5657543)

Contact details:
EXPRESS COURIER SERVICE
Head Office: Link House,
1C Church Street, Whitchurch
Hants, RG28 7AD England .
Name of Dispatch Officer: MR Felix Frye
Phone: +44 703 195 9253

Fax: +44 703 195 9796
Fax: +447 045 708 016
Email: expresscour.ierfrye@yahoo.co.uk

Pls note that your information is held with ustmost confidentiality so be rest assured.
Congratulations once again!!

Kelvin Perkins.

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this month.

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this month.

Awaiting for your reply.

Best Regards
Sharad Chandra
Ar
  23rd of Nov, 2007
Dear Sir:

I received a mail from an agent of your company. Is this true? I dont want a joke with this kind.

Copy of the said mail is read as follows:

The Lottery Department
Toyota Online Car Award Promotions
Haandvaerkervej 8,1 UK-9000 Aalborg
CVR-nr. 25554493.

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a Cash prize of
£2,000 000.00 GBP (two million Pounds) and a Brand
New Toyota
Car (Toyota Camry) in our International promotions program which was
held in
15th November, 2007 in London UK.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
computerized email selection system (ess) from a database of over
1,000,000
private and business email addresses drawn from all the continents of
the
world.
This Toyota car Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and
also
Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming
Regulators (IAGR).This promotional car lottery is the tenth of its kind
and we
intend to sensitize the public about our new products via this
promotional
awards.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact and provide
your
claims officer with the requested information as stated below for
proper
verification:

Please log on to our website to have a view of your New Toyota Camry
Car.
(http://www.toyota.com/camry/)

Description Of New Toyota Camry Car to be Shipped to you.

NEW TOYOTA CAR:....................Year 2007 Model

COLOUR:..................................Metallic Grey

MODEL:...................................Toyota Camry 2.2 i XLE (MSRP)

ENGINE TYPE:......................... 2.2L L4 FI DOHC V6

HE5 8WD, London,
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 702 4022 444
Email: claimsagentbutler01@yahoo.com.hk

When contacting him, please provide him with your secret Pin Code
TY7448500 and
your Reference Number 799BV90. You are also advised to
provide him with the under-listed information as soon as possible:

CLAIMS REQUIREMENTS:
8. Present Country:
9. Pin code:
10.Ref Number:

If you DO NOT contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this
notification, your winnings would be REVOKED.

Regards
Mr Teddy Lee.
Lottery Manager
Ro
  16th of Apr, 2008
That is a scam!!! I get those emails all the time, toyota, yahoo and all kinds of other. I hope you didn't fall for it. The company toyota didn't email that to you scammers did.
Mo
  14th of Sep, 2008
d emende le toyota
par winnr
Na
  13th of Oct, 2008
Dears,

This is only a fruad, please do not waste even you minutes. These people are online thiefs and robbers. They want to cheat people.

Regards,
Na
  13th of Oct, 2008
Dears,

This fraud and please read below the email i received.
Sequel to the inspection of your payment file, we write to notify you that your fund is approved by our board of directors and attach is a copy of the fund transfer approval and the deposit certificate. But as a matter of fact, we advise you to ensure you follow the necessary remittance legal process as you need to obtain the revenue tax clearance document from the Chinese revenue authority. Therefore, we advise you to contact our bank attache attorney, Ms. Ann Chen., Esq do send your dericet telepone number for easy comminication.

Paramount, we want you to note that the financial regulation policy here does not allow transfering such huge amount of money to a foreign account without the government legal clearances. So we advise you to contact the attorney via the below contact details as to enable him assist you in processing your remittance legal framework.

Philsolomon&Associates
114 xianghu Road, Tianshu Province
Guangzhou, China
Contact person:Barrister Ann Chen(Esq)
Phone:008613268192709
Email: legalpractitionerbarrann@ymail.com

Kindly ensure you expidite the processing of your fund transfer legal documents with the revenue authorities as they are responsible to issue all remittance legal documents which must be on your name, and these documents must be submitted to this office on or before 7 working day for further perusal.

We await your urgent response.

Regards,

Mr Morris Tang
Fund Manager

ITS MY LEGAL OBLIGATION TO CONTACT YOU, AS YOUR FILE HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO MY CHAMBER FOR NECESSARY LEGAL CLEARANCE INSTRUCTION REGARDING YOUR PAYMENT WITH BANK HERE IN CHINA

YOUR FILE WAS SUBMITTED TO ME AS I HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO SOLICIT ON YOUR BEHALF, FOLLOWING YOUR MAIL, WE WANT TO NOTIFY YOU THAT DUE TO THE VOLUME OF YOUR FUND WHICH HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE BANK MANAGEMENT, YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PAY THE GOVEMMENT REVENUE TAX/STAMP DUTY FEE BEFORE THE NECESSARY FOREIGN REMITTANCE CLEARANCE DOCUMENTS WILL BE ISSUED ON YOUR NAME, AND ACCORDING TO THE REVENUE TAX INSTRUCTIONS, YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PAY THE TOTAL SUM OF $1, 950USD AS YOUR CLEARANCE FEE,

SO YOU ARE CORDIALLY REQUESTED TO REPORT BACK IMMEDIATELY FOR URGENT CLEARANCE APPLICATION AS I WILL BE FILLING YOUR CLEARANCE APPLICATION TODAY DIRECTLY TO THE REVENUE OFFICE

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE.

YOURS SINCERELY,
BARRISTER ANN CHEN(ESQ
Pr
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Oh my good Lord, I just received an email also from Toyota car promotion department...I called the bank stated in the message, and they can't give me any idea about the lottery...It is indeed a scam...

Toyota Motor Corporation Logo Toyota Motor Corporation