Toyota Lottery Company / fake lottery scam!
I received an email contending that I had entered a Toyota Company Sweepstakes and had won $6 million English pounds or $12 million dollars. I responded asking to send my prize right away. I got a series of 2 emails and several telephone calls with an unknown number. The first email said, "Your payment form (could be or might not be an error in syntax) the Toyota Lottery Company has been approved, contact our accredited courier shipping company immediately... I advise you to get in touch with Mr. John Woods of the Geopost Courier Service UK. His contact information is Geopost courier service. Phone: +[protected]. email: email@example.com
Mr. Mchenri Henshaw email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I provided the information (including my name, address where I wanted the parcel delivered & my tele. #. I then received another email from the Geopost Courier Service UK, 1027 Bond St., Ste. 300, London NW6 4NY, UK, which states that if I go immediately to a Western Union and send $400 to them (it actually does not say anything will happen - it does say that "Please send your response within the next 24 hours to enable us to expedite action on your parcel." Again, this does not warrant that they are sending me a parcel. This email is signed by John Woods, Geopost Courier Service at email: email@example.com.
Is this a lawful type of scam? I told them that they can send the car or the money and I will gladly pay the $400. I don't expect anything to happen about that. How does this insidious conduct get stopped? Please advise smb. Thank you.
More Toyota Lottery Company Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - land cruiser 2016
- Toyota Motor Corporation - front strut "rumble" on new car.
- Toyota Motor Corporation - complain about poor service
- Toyota Motor Corporation - prius v
- Toyota Motor Corporation - sales