Toyota Financial Services / Rip off

I have been a loyal customer of Toyota for a long time and have bought 6 cars from the same Toyota dealer within 15-20 years. We have been a Toyota family but never again. All of our cars have been financed through their financial services "Toyota Financial Services". I HATE THEM FOREVER. All they have done for me is just harassed me and ripped me off for just being late in payments. They have called me day and night, even past 9pm on weekdays and all weekend. There is a Law that prohibits collectors to call consumers past 9pm and on weekends but that never stopped Toyota Financial Services. I had been laid off from work because of the financial crisis we are facing right now. I was late on my car payments for only 2-3 months. I was late before but I paid those payments with late payment fees, which they charge as they please. I had called them back recently saying that I have a new job now and I will make those late payments and asked them to just give me a one week time until I get my first paycheck. I also asked them to stop calling me with their harassment calls. The next I know, I had a Repo Agent at my door in 2 days to pick-up my car. The only option he gave me was to either pay-off the 3 late payments (almost $1500) or he would tow away my car. This is how TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES treats their loyal customers for being honest. So, I borrow money from a friend and payoff ($1500) to bring my account to current status. The only way they would accept payment would be through 'Western Union', so I had to pay another $13 for their fee. So I did that. Then I call them to give my Western Union confirmation# to make sure that they received it and to confirm that my account is in 'current status. First I spent more then 15 mins talking to a rep who would not give me her name at all not even first name with an ID. She was very rude and would not co-operate with me and then I asked to talk to her Manager who was even more rude and again would not provide his name and ID for my records. Mind you that anytime we call them, the first thing they do is they verify all of my info and record my call and they don't want to give me any details as to whom I talked to over the phone after making my payments. We have right as consumers to have their information as to whom with talked to for our own records but they would not give me that at all. Total B.S. here. Folks, Toyota has no respect for their loyal customers, they have no sense of customer service and honesty does not exist for them. They are a TOTAL rip-off and I would stay away from TOYOTA now and forever. I will never by TOYOTA cars as long as I live. It's time to file a lawsuit...

Sc

Comments

• Fr
      20th of Oct, 2009

i totally agree with you im not a loyal toyota customer like you but about 2 years ago i bought a 2002 toyota avalon things were ok til i was put on medical leave of absence from work then inspection time came on the car and the check engine light is on and it wont pass inspection i cant drive it or anything so i called them they want atleast 90% of the carpayment but the repairs are over the amount its for the 02 sensors of the car 200.00 for the part alone its crazy they would not even refiniance or lower payments take a lower payment til i get back to work and plus i am upside down in this car owing over 12, 000.00 on a car only worth 4000.00 im sending the car back i cant afford it no more it needs to be a law that really protects us from all these scams

• Fr
      20th of Oct, 2009

IF YOU AGREE WITH US LET US KNOW SOME WE ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER AGAINST THESE COMPANIES THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CONSUMERS...

16th of Nov, 2009

I too have been a faithful consumer to toyota. In May of this year my husband and I paid our monthly bill with a money order. Never paying with a money order before I was unaware that we needed to keep the reciept. So we had no proof that we paid May payment. So they told us they would send out a paper for us to sign to put Mays payment at the end of our loan. Then June came around. We again paid with a money order. This time I kept the reciept. I was told that they never recieved the payment. So I had to pay 25 dollars of out of pocket expense to trace the money order. come to find out that not only did toyota financial recieve the payment, they also cashed it and did not credit it to our account. So since june i have been on the phone nearly every day with them. They told us to fax the paper to them that the money order company sent us. I did over 20 times. Ive talked to at least 100 different ppl most of them rude and uncaring to our situation. I have been told numorous times that someone would call us back within the hour, within the day, within the week, and no one ever calls us back. We get up to three phone calls a day from toyota telling us that our account is past due, but we can't get anyone to call us to tell us what is going on. They keep saying that they have never recieved a fax from us. I have sent it to at least ten different fax numbers that they have provided us with. I have faxed this paper in three times alone today. I have talked to fifteen ppl just today. I was told by two supervisors today alone that they would call me back within the hour. I spent five hours this morning on the phone with this company. Now they are putting our car into default for payments that they have already recieved and I have no clue what to do. This has taken a huge toll on my marriage, this has ruined our credit and in this economy credit is everything. We cant even buy a new washing machine because of the bad marks that toyota has put on our credit. I quit smoking five years ago and now because of stress smoke at least a pack a day. I cry almost every single day. I feel like toyota has ruined our lives, and it just doesnt seem like they really care all that much.

• Na
      2nd of Dec, 2009

i had a toyota lease and when i had one more year to go i fell asleep while driving and had a accident the insurance made it for a total loss and paid the whole thing minus the $200 gap that i paid right away.. Then i applied for another car and the dealer told me i have bad credit i've known that i have never missed a payment so i checked it out and "TOYOTA PUT MY ACCOUNT AS A PAID CHARGE-OFF" they don't want to tell me the reason... i'm trying my best to get it off now and if toyota does this to you, make sure that you fight it to get it off don't give up till it's off i'll not stop till it's off they are "RIP OFFS"

• Gu
      28th of May, 2010

I am going though the same crap with them right now!! Back in march my husband and I decided to refinace our truck. We got it back in 2008 and have had it now less than two years. We have been paying WAY more than the payment that was due in order to keep it way ahead in case we ever needed to skip a payment and to get it paid off early.

When we called for a pay off amount they said it was 6, 296 which sounded off to me so i talked to an account manager and she explaned that with us making such large payments that we have paid it down that much. She sent me the paper work in an email that i printed off for the bank to show the pay off amount. So we went right to our bank to get a loan to pay off that amount for a lower payment. A week later into april now the check was taken by them. After that we got paperwork telling us congrats for paying off our loan, all tha paper work to turn over the lien and title tranfer to the new bank. Here it is May and last week they sent us a check because the check the other bank sent was more than the pay off so they sent a refund check. Well today mind you this was early this morning after i pick up my husband from being out to sea for 3 months they start calling mine and his cell phones back to back and leaving VM.

Well I call back thinking it has something to do with the title paperwork and maybe something is wrong. They start YELLING at me that my payment is late and if I dont pay now they are gonna come repo the car. Then I tell them we sent a pay off check from another bank and the lady I am speaking to starts lying her butt off saying she called my bank and talked to them herself and they said they would allow for it to go from a refinace check to a large payment check. UH HELLO my or my husband can call our bank and talk to them about things on our account!! So when I tell her I want to talk to an account manager she starts yelling at me more and just screaming at me. When he gets on the phone he says the pay off amount the quoted me was wrong and i still owed them almost 14, 000!!!
    So now they think I am going to pay them plus pay the other bank that we got a loan on the car with as well! Two payments on one car I DO NOT think so!!
    I will be taking this to the navy legal/JAG office about this little matter!

• Ni
      7th of Jun, 2011

Same issue. Toyota Financial, now hiding behind the name Lexus, is a nasty, disorganized, dishonest company with a mediocre car. Trust us unfortunate Toyota owners - avoid this company like the plague.

• Fl
      14th of Oct, 2011

made additional 2 payments and they never adjusted the maturity date, the payment amount or the number of payments left. When I called they basically told me that I would have to continue making payments of $ 407, - even if the car is already paid off. The lady on the phone cut me off whenever I wanted to say something, I think at one point in time I started with the same question about 5 times and never got passed the second word. I believe that they are trained to cut people off when they try to ask questions.

• Lo
      25th of Jun, 2012

We have been Toyota people for 10 years. Recently I have had to take a 50% pay cut and then was out on maternity leave for 6 weeks unpaid. My husband received a horrible call from Adam, with Toyota. He proceeded to harass my husband - asking him to make a payment today. My husband explained that I actually had paid the past due amount along with late charges this morning (approximately 3 hours prior to this phone call). He basically toldy husband that he needed to pay the next payment who h is due in two weeks. He said we were not considered current until we paid it. He then asked my husband for my work number several times and after my husband did not give it to him--the guy asks if my husband could call me on 3 way!! Ummm why?? Then he tries to get my husband to go ahead and make another payment. Finally my husband went off on him and hung up. We will be going through our credit union on our next purchase. Love Toyota...but they have a lot of work to do with their financial services dept!!!

• Fl
      25th of Jun, 2012

we transferred the title into my wife's name and TFS wanted us to pay $ 1, 394.37 for "sales tax and registration". We called them up and told them that there is no "sales tax" in AZ if a vehicle is transferred from a private party to a private party. We called several times and they insisted that the sales tax had to be paid again. Finally we talked to a supervisor named "Sue". She was extremely rude on the phone and said "We do this on a daily basis and if we determine that the sales tax has to be paid again, then this is correct, we don't make any mistakes. We called the MVD and explained the situation. They could not believe it and advised us to file a complaint with the AZ attorney general. The friendly MVD lady calculated the amount for the registration and title transfer - it was $ 165.72
    We believe that this was an attempted fraud and that TFS would have simply kept the difference between the $ 1, 394.37 and the $ 165, 72 which we actually had to pay.