Toyota / deceptive sale

4099 lake alfred rd, Winter Haven, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8639561123

This is really true story. This dealer conned me to test drove a 2011 RAV4 and signed paperwork on the 2011 RAV4. I brought a copy of an quote I received from the dealer of Toyota of Winter Haven via E-mail for a 2012 RAV4 model priced at $22, 189 to negotiate. The dealer final offer me on my E-mail quote is $21950 for 2012 RAV4 model. I accepted the price, but after I am signing and discovered that was not 2012 RAV4 model, also I asked where my copy of E-mail quote, the dealer all staffs stated that I don't know and could not find it. That dealer wanted me keep this 2011 instead of a 2012. the dealer offer some money off to keep the 2011 RAV4 model. Their sales manager, Matthew Daly, offered my wife and me $500 to keep the car, but knowing that would not fully compensate, I requested $700. Despite agreeing with my request, he only gave us $300 and some other form of compensation additional, but since it was Sunday, no high level management working and the deal would have to wait. He will talk to the highest management on Monday to compensate us. If few of other dealer's quote via E-mail for a 2012 RAV4 model price: 1) Toyota of Tampa's quote priced it at $21398, 2) Toyota of Orlando's quote priced it at $21276 and 3) Smart Auto Offers' quote offered it for $21800.63. Also the quote via E-mail for the 2011 RAV4 model from Toyota of Tampa priced it at $19990. According to all of these quotes, it is clearly proven that Toyota of Winter Haven did not give me a fair price and for my car. WARNING: Toyota of Winter Haven was rip off and there management responded with a bad attitude, and offered me no help, telling me I was bonded to the deal.

Si

Comments

13th of Apr, 2012

How, exactly, did the dealer "con" you into test driving the 2011 RAV4, and signing the papers?