Toyota / poor quality product!

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Toyota is really taking its customers in the middle east for a ride. It produces a single owner's manual for all its Models. So Toyota Prado of all shades and sizes will all be described in the similar manual and if the owner does not understand it he will have to keep guessing which features are available in the car or not available.

Toyota is selling its 6 Cylinder Prado in the middle east for $ 36000 without Any stability or traction control. Most of the dealers in the middle east are staffed by under trained staff or deliberately fudge on features or safety elements.

Even after setting one back by $36K, the car comes with only 2 airbags and poor brakes. All the features of the car available to customers in Europe and Australia are not available to customers in the middle east. All you see is dozens of closed buttons with no use (reserved for features which were not given to customer's in the middle east).

Any car from the competition is available at 75% of the price of Toyota is Curtain Airbags and Stability and Traction control Programs. Toyota is truly fleecing its customers with a VERY HIGH PRICE AND VERY POOR PRODUCTS AND SPECIFICATIONS.

Since the awareness about cars and independent test rides and critiques are few and far between, Toyota is profiting at the cost and life of the customers in the middle east.

To

Comments

19th of Sep, 2007
    Toyota Camry - Poor quality product!

First let me say that I have been a steady buyer of Toyota Camry for the past twenty years. However, my most recent purchase has been a great disappointment and a real lemon. My 2002 Camry started to consume oil at the rate of approximately one quart per 1000 miles. I did most of my servicing at Toyota dealership and therefore took it in for an oil consumption test. It was verified that there was no external leakage. I was further informed that this rate of oil consumption is normal and within the specification of Toyota engine specification. I like to note that all my previous Camry did not have this kind of problem, including those with extremely high mileage. My experience led me to believe that the quality of Toyota Camry may have gone down hill big time recently and currently living off it past fine reputation.

This kind of oil consumption (by design) also makes a mockery of the public web statement of Mr. Fujio Cho, Chairman of the the Toyota Corporation, on using "advanced environmental technologies" in their cars...yes, it is so advanced that it burns oil at the rate of one quart per 1000 miles and then pumps the burnt oil products into the air we breathe. Thank you very much, Mr. Cho.

Based on my recent experience with Toyota Camry, I will never buy a Toyota again. I am sharing my experience with all potential car buyers so they can make smart decision when it comes to Toyota cars!!!

19th of Sep, 2007

If the car was 5 years old when you bought it, how can you automatically blame Toyota? It was in someone else's possession for 5 years; talk to them.

• Ri
      5th of Jan, 2012

toyota cars in saudi arabia all damaged and expensive.
    toyota land cruiser 200 VXR price Saudi riyals 296000.00 saudi specs and Saudi riyals 326000.00 GCC specs, it is from Toyota factory in Philippines. compare it with land rover 4 2011 price saudi riyals 294000.00 V8 HSE and specs same as Lexus LX570.
    saudi arabia vendor just collect money even from rich people but when they discover misquality and disfunction direct sell it and transfer to european cars. and small consumer has korean & american cars the best choice. american cars imported to our market with american specs and no problems. look after your industry or transfer it to Vietnam all car makers pass you in world market. don, t waste your time. vendors in Saudi Arabia failures. he is Alabtullatif jameel co. his prices high in cash and installment comparable with other cars vendors .

12th of Nov, 2012

I PURCHASED TOYOTA CAMRY SE 2012 EQUIPPED WITH NAVIGATION ETC ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO. IN NOV 2012, I RECEIVED AN EMAIL ADVISING TO GET MAPS UPDATED @ USD 139/. I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THIS
    AS TO WHY THIS IS NECESSITATED AFTER SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.FURTHERMORE, I CONSIDER
    IT AN UNEHICAL PRACTICE OF GETTING THIS AMOUNT FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS. I THINK THE PRICE OF
    QUALITY GPS( WITH GOOD SIZE OF SCREEN AND FEATURES MORE THAN THAT FITTED IN THE CAR) HAS
    NOT BEEN KEPT IN MIND BY SUCH A KNOWN CAR MANUFACTURER. I MAY EXPECT SUCH TACTICS
    FROM TOYOTA DEALERSHIPS BUT NOT FROM TOYOTA COMPANY.CAN ANY RESPONSIBLE PERSON FROM
    TOYOA CONSIDER THIS AND SEND COMMENTS ON MY EMAIL ADDRESS:saleem1944@gmail.com