Town Fair Tire / bad service

1 Stamford, CT, United States Review updated:

I bought 4 tires for my car and the receipt lists free flat tire repair as being included in the price. I did get 1 flat repaired for free. I even bought 4 more tires for my other car from them, based on the convenience of having free flat tire service. Then, when I needed another flat repaired, they charged me. When I disputed the charge, they said they were posting a notice that flat tire repair was no longer free. I bought the tires with the free flat tire repair and they should honor the original agreement. BE VERY CAREFUL. These people do not keep their promises.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      3rd of Dec, 2008

actually the falt repair on the tire itself WAS free. what you fail to realise is that they have to remove the tire from the rim in order to patch-plug it from the inside. the 4 dollars and 19 cents that you are complaing about buys you a new valve stem and gets your tire rebalanced. that is a twenty dollar value discounted to four measley dollars. plus it is a lot of work for the guys in the back to even find your slow leak. give them a break they are trying their best and just doing what their bosses tell them. you do what your boss tells you right? get a life!

• Bo
      17th of Dec, 2008

Normally I do not take the time to blog a complaint, but felt frustrated after a simple flat, It seems one employee was having a bad day. When I returned to pick up my company truck. The inside was turned upside down. Employee was most likley looking for the nut to unlock the tire.

Everything was tossed around, some items ended in the back seat floor area, those items I keep in the front door pockets. Glove compartments messed up. Center compartment messed up, compartments under seats also messeed up and electric portable razor on back floor broken. This, I keep in the driver side door pocket.

May I suggest a review for employees on how to treat a customers vehicle. Suggest also that a manager review the appearance before and after any tire is replaced or repaired. Suggest that in the future that someone just call me and all this could have been done without the stress and Town Fair Tire being tarnished on service.

• Cr
      22nd of Jun, 2012

I took a tire (on the wheel) to Town Fair Tire in Rocky Hill Connecticut to have a nail removed and the leak fixed. I marked the spot with masking tape showing the nail that was causing the leak. When I picked up the tire, I saw the nail was still in the tire, and a repair plug was installed next to the nail. When I showed it to the service reps and the manager, they all said it was not a nail, even though I proved it was with a small magnet. They finally took the tire back and said they pulled out the nail (The one they said did not exist). I had to ask them to check it for leaks, Hopefully if they patched the inside of the tire, it will not leak after pulling the nail. When I installed the tire on my car, there was a sever shimmy because it was out of balance. Again, I took it back, this time with the tire on the car. (Big mistake). After the re-balance, they installed the lug nuts with an air wrench, followed by a torque wrench to make sure they were at least tight enough to stay on. When I got home I had to loosen the lugs with a long "Cracker Bar" in order to set the correct torque spec. I would never had been able to remove the lugs with a normal wrench. The manager was present for this whole fiasco and didn't care what went on in his shop.