Towers Business Solutions / Scam and Fradulent Check

Phone: 647-213-3816

I received a letter form this company saying I was the winner of a shoppers sweepstakes . The letter gave the winning serial number [protected]) and lucky winning no [protected]). The letter included a check drawn on Suntrust Bank for $4, 979.00. Per instruction I called the number in the letter and was told the check was real and to cash it. I call the Suntrust Bank and was informed that the check was a fraud.

Comments

• Re
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I too, received a check from Towers Business Solutions for the same amount and the letter stated the same information.
    I called the phone number and was placed on hold for some time and decided not to continue to hold. At that point I figured none of this was legitimit.
    Rebecca B.

• Is
      20th of Jul, 2009

I have the same check, only drawn on Comericia Bank in the U.S. Mine says it is from Mark's Securities 100 Mill Rd. Richmond Alberta Canada. My "agent" Peter Roberts has an Ontario CN phone number, and his Fax is in Arizona US

Amazingly we had the same winning ticket number.. A real red flag was that the date on the check was 4 days BEFORE
    the alleged drawing.

I guess if you are stupid enough to make a living scamming people, you are not smart enough to get the dates right, and too lazy to change things like the ticket number.

• Fo
      22nd of Oct, 2009

My situation is different.Ive been currently searching for cars online. I was contacted via-mobile stating I was approved for a loan amount of 10, 000usd with an 8% fixed interest rate. She was saying she would be my agent covering this transaction. Then, the next day via-email I was sent a loan agreement. After that, later that evening I received a telephone call at work asking me did I receive the email. Whats funny is a middle aged female would call me but here accent changed and I'm bilingual. So I pay attention to tones of voice. I then asked who I was speaking with and she said the same name as if she was the agent I spoke with the day before.

They told me to send 974.08usd for a security deposit through Western Union..

That's when I intermediately Google d every piece of information they gave me. I then informed the officials.