tournamentgames.com / wondering about ghost players

Just wondering if anyone else plays tournamentgames.com and if so, any ideas or comments as to why 1 or 2 people seem to win constantly with very high scores. Extremely fun and you can play for free if you like, but just can't see that the law of average would let a couple of people win always.

Comments

• By
      16th of Oct, 2014

I worked at Tournament Games since 2001, up till we closed last month. We had a BUNCH of great players, and I for one, hated to see them have to go. But, to your subject, we felt like our primary role at TG, and there we not many of us, but was to play 'ref' for all our players. Because, if there is a cheater in the midst, then it ruins the atmosphere for everyone, and on our end, we loose tournament entries, our players, reputation, etc... so, we always kept as good an eye on that as we could. That in itself takes a lot of time, then add to that the rest of the stuff entailed by operating a tournament site, always working on code and the games, and the site, helping players etc. Having coded and coded inside every game that ran on the site, there were 0, what one might call artificial intelligence, or any other functionality that would give the house any advantage whatsoever. Every player, played under the same set of rules, with the same game options, etc. Speed, the big factor. However, I was surprised how many times I would see two players moves, be so close in game time length. But more than likely, those two user names could have been the same person, using their "2 accounts per household", they jam some scores under one, and competes against them self under the other account.

Every since starting in 2001, all the players have been great to me (except for 2 or 3!!), But hey, don't mess with a man's game, I understand. Anyways, I would like to say thank you for all the great years with you guys at Tournament Games.