Touch of Elegance / Worse customer service ever!

1 1631 NE Hwy 99WMcMinnville, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503-434-6611

I purchased my second dress and I was told that I had only 2 days to return dress. I then went in a day after and realized that I didn’t have my receipt to return so I had to come back the 2nd day. I was planning to buy my wedding gown this week along with my bridesmaid’s dresses. On 2-17-08 I walked in and the "owner" was there at the counter where I put the dress. She was rude right when I walked in the door. Luz said all I can have is a in store credit, I told her I was not told this. I didn’t mind the in store credit since I was planning to get all of my dresses there, it was how she treated me that was the issue. She rudely replied that I was and that all she will give me is an in store credit. Her tone, her attitude was the worst I have ever seen. I was shocked to learn she was the owner, especially after I told her I have been there a few times. I also mentioned that I was there just the day before trying on wedding gowns, she seemed to not care. My fiancé tried to help with the situation, and just told her we didn’t want any more problems and to just give us the in store credit. I had to ask her when I can use it, and how much time I had. I told her I had a great experience with her sisters before I had to deal with her and that I was planning to buy all of my dresses there, but after this point I will never come back. She said that was fine and that she didn’t need my business! I kept walking and told her I would then let everyone know this and not go to her shop. She continued on and said she doesn’t care. I have never been treated so badly in my life. My great experience is now ruined.

Comments

• Je
      23rd of Feb, 2008

GET OVER IT, NO ONE IS GOING TO BE RUDE UNLESS YOUR RUDE FIRST. THATS HER BUSINESS I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HER HAVING AN ATTITUDE. STUCK UP PEOPLE TEND TO PUT THE BLAME ON SOMEONE ELSE.

• Ha
      27th of Sep, 2008

I'm Sorry but I think this Lady who wrote this awful comment re: Touch of Elegance is CRAZY! I have been to this store about a dozen times.. I purchased my wedding dress along with all my bridesmaid dresses. The owner along with her great staff were extremely helpful. I have been to many bridal shops were people are just rude. But I can let you all know this is not the case with this shop. I highly recommend it. It looks great, it smells great and their prices are very affordable.

• Je
      5th of Oct, 2008

I just went their to get my sister homcoming dress and like my aunt knows her because they are related she gave us 10% off .And Luz was great.

• 12
      5th of Jun, 2009

I WENT IN THERE TODAY AND ALL OF THEM WERE GREAT EVEN WORKING WITH ME WITH PAYMENTS. MAYBE IF YOU WERE NOT SUCH A BRIDEZILLA SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE. THE GIRLS EVEN HELPED WITH MY FITTING AND HELPED WITH THE KIDS!!!

• So
      4th of Apr, 2012

THIS LADY IS A NUT!!!

• So
      4th of Apr, 2012

this NENA sounds like a real gem! if she was given the policy/receipt and didnt understand it because she has a IQ of 12, that is not the owners fault, she isnt making sense, how do you loose the receipt the very next day? i am suprised she had a fiance, he must be a saint. BOOOOHOOO your experience was ruined whaaaaawhaaaaa!!! i have an extra quarter, i can give her to call someone who really cares.. she's a joke

• Li
      17th of Apr, 2012

Wow...All Nena is describing is her particular experience, just because the owner was nice with all of you does not mean that is the case for Nena. I haven't ever been into the store, but with the comments to this review alone I don't think I will. You all are rude people that don't even know the woman giving the review. It is very possible to lose receipt the next day. Wedding dress shopping is one of the most key events to a wedding, that's what makes the bride realize "wow, I'm getting married!" When you are disrespected by the people who are supposed to help make this memorable, it makes it hard to be excited for your wedding. By the way, talking in all caps, or caps at all for that matter, does not make you come across more right or intelligent, in fact, it does the opposite. Thanks Nena for your helpful review!

• Pi
      18th of Apr, 2012

I went to touch of eligance for my prom dress and the people there were amazing!:D They helped me get fitted and got me my dream dress and helped out my family alot by setting up payment plans.I am extreamly grateful to Luz and her staff for making my first prom dress shopping experance so wonderful!:)

• Mi
      18th of Jul, 2012

I disagree. I just went in there today and I was greeted by both of the women. Not only did they greet me they had smiles on their faces. I found what I wanted and they went above and beyond to make sure that I was pleased with what we were buying. They were very attentive to me when I went in and then again when I brought my daughter in to try on the dress. We were after a flower girl dress and I am more than pleased with the service and the prices. They also make hair clips right there in the store, they made one to suit my request and didn't even blink once. They were happy to meet my needs. I WILL be sending people to them, they are wonderful!

28th of Jul, 2012

I am new in town, just received my masters in education and recently got engaged. I was told I had to "check out" touch of elegance for their great prices and beautiful bridal gowns. I read the comments and went in with an open mind. The moment I walked in I was quickly greeted with a smile, she introduced her self and asked if I could be helped. I shared my recent engagement and told Alma that I was looking for a dress I saw online. Alma asked; Do you have a picture? I did not, however I did know who the designer was. I did not think I would be able to find it McMinnville since it is a high end gown(Karalina Sposa). She pulled out a catalog, we flipped through a few pages and there is was. It was elated. The dress of my dreams at a price I could not believe. I tried on a few others, I was already in love with my first choice. I ordered my dress, veil, and head comb, purchased shoes and jewelry for hundreds of dollars under budget. I had been told by friends that it can take up to 6 months to order and get a dress. Alma and Luz, told me they would order it that day and that i could get it in as little as 4 weeks. I received a call 3 weeks later, that my dress was in. I went in tried it on it fit like a glove. It is amazing, the veil is beautiful I really felt like a bride. Alma and Luz were so wonderful, knowledgeable and helpful I will refer as many people as I can. I am sorry to read some of the negative comments. I hope customers, like me go in with an open mind because my experience was fantastic. We all need to remember that like a coin, there are two sides. For all future customers, have your own experience don't let the Nena and little Lady bug comments ruin it for you. It is probably best that they don't go into this store.

• Ju
      15th of Dec, 2013

I strongly disagree with Nena. I've been a faithful customer of Touch of Elegance since they first opened. I'm a strong believer of shopping local. These gal's are great. I was in the store once getting favors for a baby shower when a lady walked in wanting her money back for a dress she had purchased 1week earlier. I believe it was the owners daughter who helped the lady. The owners daughter was very nice and told the lady they would take the dress and give her store credit. The lady was so mad and started yelling and being rude and started cursing. She was told the store policy which is posted all over the store and is always stapled to the receipt. The owners daughter handled this "mad women" with such grace, that is why I can't believe this Nena lady was treated so poorly maybe Nena's attitude could've played a part. To (Littleladyandbug) yes that is Nena experience but only Nena's experience. Who are you to judge. You've never been to that shop, how can you say you won't refer anyone if you can't speak about your own experience. It's so funny that you are just a follower if Nena would advise you to jump off a clip would you? Calling people dumb because the wrote in all caps, does that make you feel better? I know a lot of people in many places around Yamhill, Marion and Washington County because of my job and when my clients talk about having parties, weddings or quinceanera I refer them to this store. All my Co workers shop at Touch of Elegance. Why not support our local businesses if they give us a good price and good customer service. I hope this review helps the next person don't let one bad comment take you away from the experience of going to this great little shop. I've been highly satisfied year after year.

• Me
      11th of Apr, 2015

This is where I get all of my pageant gowns. I specifically shop here for their wonderful personalities and great help. I have also returned a dress without any problems what so ever. And you said you didn't have a problem with the in store credit, but later mention your husband intervened and stated that you didn't want anymore trouble and instore credit was fine... Which suggests you were indeed arguing, rather than accepting their policy. I don't think either of you hadled the situation maturely... And that's coming from an 18 year old!

• It
      14th of May, 2015

I was very disappointed. I was shopping for my flower girl dresses, day 1: she paid NO attention to us as customers. She also took measurements of one of them and the day came back tight. Day 2: picking up the dress, she didn't tell me about any return policy. Day 3(phone call): she didn't pay attention to what I was saying about the dress, cut me off and said she'd return my call-SHE NEVER DID. Day 4: my fiancé a I went in with the dress, she told me that day that I had a two day window to return it and I couldn't anymore. I asked her why she didn't call back, she replied "I had five other calls that day and didn't know which one was yours". I didn't have my receipt on me, she said she lost HER STORE copy. Don't you need that for inventory records????? I asked for store credit at least and she replied "if I do that for you, everyone's going to expect the same"
    In conclusion, they were VERY unattentive and unprofessional.