totalrider.combad business practices

1 Review updated:

I signed up for a mototcycle training class with them. Beware! Their web site says NO REFUNDS and NO CHANGES FOR A CLASS. I tried to contact them via email and phone and got no response for over a week. Then I got this UGLY email basically yelling at me because they had a death in the family.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Austin, TX Well, how was I suppose to know that and how can you run a web-based business and go incommunicato for over a week? The owner actually admitted in an email that he rarely checks his email. Why on earth does he have an email address on the web site then?

I was screwed out of $190 by MasterCard when I disputed the charge because totalrider.com would NOT allow me to reschedule the class.

Buyer Beware! These people are very unprofessional after they get your money.

Comments

• Le
      Dec 06, 2007
    totalrider.com - bait and switch
    total rider.com
    4307 ave. a
    Austin
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

### took my money five daya in advance then night before called to say oh bye the way that class has been canceled This after I took thr time over more than a week to assure myself that by spending my money I would receive the class.

• Mo
      Sep 11, 2008

I had terrible dealings with them as well. I would NEVER do business with these people. Use MotoFun.com instead because they are MUCH more professional

Oct 24, 2008

I am the owner of totalrider.com. yes the period of time around my mother in laws death was very challenging and i did respond sharply to this person. i have discussed and and come to a reasonable solution with him. please feel free to contact me about anything.

• De
      Dec 03, 2008

When I signed up my class was completely booked. I needed to reschedule/cancel due to a family emergency beyond my control. I called the owner and he said if someone else filled my spot it was fine; if nobody filed my spot by the day before the class he'd call me back to let me know (Fair enough). He never called back, so it was clear someone had filled my spot and I didn't need to make alternative arrangements regarding my family emergency. Then he charged me $190! and refused a refund, and after posting a complaint on youtube he called a threatened to sue me for teling other people about the flaw is his complaint! BUYER BEWARE; look elsewhere for motorcycle safety courses. I understand there are several in the Central Texas area to chose from.

Note that in the above complaint it is acceptable for the owner to have a family emergency, just not his "clients"