Total Pro Digital / Customer service

Horrible customer service! I've oredered camera that I never got. When I called about the details they said it will be shiped on Tuesday. Nothing. I called again and rude customer service representative told me that my order has been cancelled becaus the cameras are on back order. You can still see the product online! I called today and asked to spink with menager. He actually hang up on me!!! Never, never buy anything from that web, no matter how cheap the products are!!!

Sy

Comments

• Ni
      25th of May, 2010

Total Package price-$1, 279.98, I bought a Canon XSI/450D, kit, they sold me a macro telephoto lens that they said sold for $400.00, they would sell it to me for $299.00, a set of filters, and a few other odds and ends that were NOT up scale items, when I got me box, and to boot, the software was NOT in the box, I had to get that from Canon, I was unable to figure out where the $1279.98 went, the camera I was able to find at alot of other sellers for less, the lens, I did a search on that and 3 other places including bhphotovideo.com had the same lens for $169.99!I made 2 phone calls to Total Pro, 1 was during the stated hours, where I was put on hold for over 35 minutes, the second was also during stated hours, but the recording told me I called during OFF Hours, from 2 emails came NOT one reply.I will from now on stick to BH...sometimes..a bargain can end up being not such a bargain...

• Rc
      16th of Jun, 2010
    Total Pro Digital - Scam Sales
    RCK Properties, Inc
    California

I would never buy anything from Total Pro Digital - it is a deceiving operation. On June 1, 2010 (over 2 weeks ago) I purchased from them as advertised a Nikon D5000 Kit w/28-80, 70-300mm & VALUABLE additional Accessoories. I received a confirmation of the order on the same day.
    Since the Camera Kit did not arrive in the presented time I had inquired about the status of my order giving them the order number and was told by a very arrogant man; "THIS CAMERA IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE".
    I called the Sales Office and told them that I would like to place an order for this item which was AVAILABLE. When I inquired about the delivery I was told that it will take 2 weeks since they are orderering these cameras from abroad once the order is placed. When I told the sales person that I had plaed THE SAME ORDER 16 days ago, I was told that they don't have the camera in stock and it may still take 3 - 4 weeks to get the same. Wghat a deceiving and dishonest company! Everyone should beware before ploacing any order with them!

• Ro
      26th of Aug, 2010

I ordered a 5d mark ll for $1800, way under the retail price online. Three days later I get an email saying I have to call them about my order. I called and a salesman asked a few basic questions about my billing etc. then confirmed the camera model. I asked about the USA warranty that was included if it was a canon warranty. I was told no that it's a different type of canon sold over seas by canon but I could purchase the 1 year canon warranty. I asked is this an actual canon 5d mark ll sealed and new. he said yes. So then the battery, pack, cd, cables, should be inside. he said no but I could purchase that separate. Right there I knew that this was not a good idea to go any further and I canceled my order. If the camera doesn't come with a canon warranty, do not buy it! Very shady company. My opinion is pay the extra few bucks with a credible company!

• Db
      18th of Oct, 2010

Total scam site. They got me with bait and switch on Canon lens. Sold me A "professional" edition Sigma Lens for at the "deal" price of $475 marked down from $699. Unfortunately read these posts AFTER making the purchase. I looked up the UPC code from the Sigma box when it was delivered and it came up as a $159 consumer lens. I also called Sigma corporation and asked about their "professional" edition lenses. They told me there is no such thing and the "PE" on the bottom of the box the sales person said I should look for merely indicates that the BOX is made from recycled materials. I called today to get an RMA number and they actually wanted me to send them a copy of a certified check or money order for another $89.90 in order for them to give me the RMA (return authorization) When I asked why they would not just deduct the "re-stocking" fee from my refund he said that I had probably already complained to my bank and canceled my account. Which of course I had.By the way my total original purchase with them was $471.45. When I asked why the fee was more than 10% I was instructed to read the word before 10% on the invoice. Which states that returns "may" be subject to a "minimum" 10% restocking fee. THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL SCAM STAY AWAY, PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION I AM GOING THROUGH!!!