Total Merchant Services / Continue to withdraw $ from my checking account after account with TMS was closed in April

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I had an account with Total Merchant Services up until April 2008 when I cancelled my account. I was let out of my contract early because I was unable to keep my business going due to health problems. I was cancelled with no fees per one of the managers at TMS since I only used their terminal 2 times and they had been charging me $50.75 every month for usage. I sent back the terminal to the address it came from and never heard anything else from them.

In September of 08, while I was on vacation, TMS withdrew $150+ from my checking account. I had my bank do an investigation into this situation. They put a hold against anything that would come through for TMS again and credited my account for the $150+ that was withdrawn. I had been in contact with TMS at this time as well and they seemed to not want to help me with this situation, so I left it up to my bank.

Just yesterday, 10-13-08, TMS once again dipped into my checking account without permission and took $750! What do I do now? I have no money, my account is overdrawn and I have checks that have not been cleared from bills I have paid over the weekend!

I am going to my banking institution today to try and take care of this & transfer to a new checking account. Do I need to get a lawyer?? I need HELP!

Ma

Comments

De
  11th of Jul, 2010

Total Merchant Services give "free to use" equipment to merchants, and the merchant signs an agreement to return the equipment when they cancel their account.

If the equipment was not returned to TMS, then the $750.00 charge was probably a charge for the un-returned equipment.

If you did return the equipment, then you need to contact TMS and straighten this out. If you give them a chance I think you will find that they are very helpful.

28th of Jun, 2016