Total Internet Solutions / A scam

This "web hosting" company scams buyers by offering various packages at reasonable prices with all kinds of promised perks like shopping cart support, etc., but then calls after you pay to say that you just signed up for a "personal" web page hosting -- i.e. one that no search engine can find -- and that you need to pay twice as much for a "public" page if you want to show up in internet searches. Totally a rip off -- made it sound like I should have known this was a personal site because people buy them all the time, but there is NO MENTION of this when you choose the package -- who would ever buy a personal site with a shopping cart? I am about to call and cancel completely.

Comments

• 4o
      17th of Oct, 2012

This is a reincarnation of a web-hosting business that both scammed and robbed many people. It has a new name but the rest is the same. For more information, please contact Report-GISOL.com or our new web site, Report-TISOL.com. Help us put an end to this crime spree.

Sympathetic and can help

• Mr
      19th of Jun, 2014

I had a very bad experience with them too.
    they don't let you take your domain out either, you have to pay a yearly price
    they do all to trap you

• Ju
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Total Internet Solutions - Fraud
    Total Internet Solutions
    Los Angeles
    California

Refusal to release domain to be transfer to another registrant. Overcharge in order to keep website.
    I signed for hosting in August 2011 for one year $54.69 and transfer my domain with an agrement of recurring domain registration to be $10.52, I got a call the following day stating that what I order the Gold package was a private web hosting and that if I wanted people to see my website on the internet I need to upgrade to the Plantium package. I agreed to the upgrade and signed up for two (08-23-2011 - 08-22-2013) year $167.28.

On July 2012, I was contacted and was told that my domain registration was due and it was $70.00, I told them I had an email that stated the renewal fee was $10.52 but they said there was an adminstration fee and either pay the $70.00 or lose the domain, without a choice I renewed the domain for two years.

On November 2012, I was contacted again stating that my hosting contract was due for renewal, I told them I had a receipted stating it was not due until 2013, I was told no that is not what their system shows. Because of the time I was driving I could not recover my emails dispute the charge and was force to pay $334.80 or once again my account would be cancel and my domain would be lost I was told over the phone that I was paying for 2 years of hosting.

On October 2013, I was contacted again stating that my hosting contract was due for renewal as well as my domain registration. I told them It was not I had singed up for two years and he stated NO but if you want to singed up for two years we have a special of $500 dollars. I ask can I switch my domain to another hosting provider answer NO you have to wait until it expires in 2016, either pay or your account will be cancel and you will lose the domain. I had not choice but to agreed to the charge since I use my domain for my everyday business.

I try to access my account online the same day but could not, I created a trouble ticket and their reply was we are upgrading the clients area.

I called them on the phone and after serveral attempts finaly got someone to answer, I explain my situation but his reply was why didn't you content to the charge in November 2012 or try contact us. I ask for re-fund, to cancel my account and release my domain, his reply was Total Internet Solutions does not give refunds and we can not release your domain you have to wait until it expires in 2016.

Needless to say I'm out $334.80 and there is nothing I can do about it.

Base on their privacy document it states "Domain name customers, who have registered a domain name with Total Internet Solutions and wish to change the Technical Contact from Total Internet Solutions to another company, may send a request to cs-support@totalinternetsolutions.com. It is important to note that customer domain name registration information is made publicly
    available in the registry of domain name"

They still refused to release my domain.
    Today 05-21-14 I try to access my account to find the termination date but was unable to access, their website states that there is no account associated with the user name.