Total Cleanse and Acai Berry / Charging my checking acc. weekly

1 Chesapeake, VA, United States Review updated:

I too bought Total Cleanse and Acai Berry as a free trail with no obligation. The add that I used to order is not on the webb now, bit they gave the example that most companies want to sign you up for monthly business but they will not. If you like the product and it works for you then you have to reorder it. That sounded like a safe and legitimate way to order online. Then I recieved a letter from my bank stating someone is using my account please call. I did, and found out Total Cleanse has been charging my account 4times in 4 weeks. Took all my bill money cause overdraft. I am disabled because of a stroke and live on disability. It was bad enough that I wasn't having Chirstmas this year now I am scammed and in alot of debit now. Now I need help getting out of this but more than that all people and businesses that do this to others need to be stopped and exposed os others can avoid this same problem. Thank you for letting me use my voice!

Sa

Comments

• El
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Total Cleanse and Acai Berry - Unauthorized Charges
    Amir and Sanchez Neutraceuticals, LLC
    20100 S. Vermont Ave.
    Torrance
    California
    MyTrialSupport.com

The ads offered a 15-day Trial period. I should have been charge $5.95 shipping/handling. I placed the order for Total Cleanse and even though I made a mistake with the name on my credit card, the Acai Berry Supplement was also shipped. I cancelled on Feb. 13 . Maria said that I should receive confirmation by email. On the same day, my credit card was charged for $79.96. I never received any emails. Today, my credit card was charged for another $29.95 for "LIFSTYLEFIT" (dining and entertainment).

• Ro
      21st of Feb, 2009

Cancel your credit or debit card!!!

Sincerely,
    I too was scammed

24th of Feb, 2009

i was charged the shipping, the admission to some club. and for more bottles and i never even recieved my free trial i am so frustrated.

24th of Feb, 2009

Close that credit card while you can... you're in for a long haul of unauthorized charges and that credit card dried up until they take you for all you got! Don't believe me? Check out alot the complaints on this website...

24th of Feb, 2009

This was posted on this website... and it's only part of it...

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

24th of Feb, 2009

Save your frustration and get rid of that card. File charges with your credit card Company and with the Federal Trade Commission in whatever State you got the product...

• De
      25th of Feb, 2009

I also got scammed by the weight loss bogus free samples ploy. I called my credit card company's frauds division. They are reporting it to whomever and I am now not liable for the charges. I then email the LIFSTYLEFIT" company and had a live chat, giving them a piece of my mind. They finally agreed to refund the 29.95. I am still going to report them. This has to stop! Don't let them get away with this. Call your credit card company fraud department. They will re issue you a new card with new number and no more charges will appear. You should not be liable for those charges, as they handle it from their end. These people have to be stopped.

• Su
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I ordered the "free" sample of Acai Berry and was charge the $4.99 shipping fee. Well, I was charged the $79.96 (Natures - Acai) and $29.95 (lifefit) and $2.95 (Costsmash) to my credit card. This all had something to do with the original order I had made.
    I did get through and talk to someone the first time and she was only a customer service person and would have someone get back to me. I told her I had complained to my credit card. She didn't care and said someone would get back to me. I then called again and got someone different, who explained to me the charges. READ THE FINE PRINT ON THOSE ADS.
    The free sample is only for 30 days and if you don't call or return unusesdwithin 30 days you get charge the $79.96. And each order after that is $85 for the Acai-Berry. The $29.95 is for something else and I was also charged $2.95 for some newsletter. This person cancelled my order for furture deliveries and refunded my $29.95 and $2.95. Well thats what she said she did, I will see from next credit card statement. READ THE WHOLE AD. I have learned my lesson. It was crazy...

• Ly
      31st of Mar, 2009

Yep, me too. Can't call up the "mytrialsupport.com" - will instruct my bank to decline all charges from easybodycleanse. I called 800.9576988, the customer service number for Lifestyle Fit, only to find that we are charged a "web hosting fee" for a weight loss site affiliated with the acai berries we all ordered, and another small "fee" for "costmasher", which is yet another site affiliated with the good berries. I demanded my cancellation confirmation codes immediately, and informed my bank to decline all future charges from all of them as well. If I have to get a new card, I will; and, boy!, have I learned my last lesson about buying things online!!! I mentioned "fraud" to the bank. Is there someone who should be informed and can close these sites/businesses down? I will be glad to add my 2 cents to everyone else's!

• Dj
      31st of Mar, 2009

I agree with the above. I was asucker also. They keep charging my account

• Be
      10th of Apr, 2009

Watch out, because I actually DID cancel my debit card that I purchased the acai berry/body cleanse from and they somehow charged my account for the lifstylefit.com for $29.95 anyway. I don't know how-they must have my bank details or somehow obtained my new debit card number. So, I callled the bank (i didn't bother calling the website because fraudulent companies don't keep their word) and ordered yet ANOTHER debit card and they are investigating the charges. If it happens again, I am going to have to close that account.

• Ve
      18th of Apr, 2009

I have learned my lesson never to order anything that sounds to good to be true and never order anything online. I was charged 79.95 and 69.95 twice on my credit card statement. I was also charged the 29.95 for the lifstylefit.com. I had canceled my order when I received the second batch, two weeks ago, and mailed the batch back to the companies; I was still charged. I called the company up and they told me that I was automatically enrolled into lifstylefit. I insisted that they cancel my enrollment effective immediately. They said they will and they will also refund my 29.95. As for the pills, It was my fault for not reading the fine print; cancel within 14 days or be charged, but for the second set of pills, I will expect a full refund.

• Pa
      18th of May, 2009

ditto, I'm contacting my bank yomorrow. I can find no address to send certified termination letter. I spent 30 minutes on my cell phone with Lifstylefit customer service. I went up 3 levels before I found anyone who would even tell me the nature of the charge. I don't know where in the fine print it stated anything about the Lifstylefit charge but it sure wasn't in the checkout information. I have already returned the unopened packages of supplements; I just hope further charges don't come through. I/ve really learned my lesson, too.

• Sw
      24th of May, 2009

My chiropractor stated I couldn't get well without the acai, and signed us up, we started getting four bottles of this ukky stuff in the mail a month. By the time we could stop this, we had 12 bottles. What a deal!
    SWest