Total Brite Tooth whitening / Over Charge

1 3116 Willow Bend, Bedford, TX, United States Review updated:

I was charged 129.95 for a 14 day sample. I was only to be charged 4.95 plus shipping. I called and canceled and they said that the charge is a valid charge and will not revers it.

Comments

• Bo
      Nov 15, 2010

I don't know what the law is in the US, but in the EU under Distance Selling Agreements you do have a week or so to demand a refund. But this stuff is illegal in the EU anyway, because it does a lot of damage to teeth, and - sorry - you're silly to fall for this con. Nothing is for nothing, and the internet is full of suckers.

• Kw
      Nov 16, 2010

MODIFICATIONS OF AGREEMENT
    Total Bright reserves the right to change any of the provisions posted herein and You agree to review these terms and conditions each time You visit the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to these terms and conditions constitutes Your acceptance of such changes. Total Bright does not and will not assume any obligation to provide You with notice of any change to this document. Unless accepted by Total Bright in writing, these terms and conditions may not be amended by You.

Call for your money back within first 30 days of service if you are not satisfied.

** This was taken from total bright's 'terms and conditions' agreement. It's on the bottom of page 15.

• Bo
      Nov 16, 2010

So what? Do you expect them to be truthful? The buyer will have bought this via a pop-up/pop-under or an ad on a web page. People always need to be on their guard against this kind of selling. Sometimes they have to lose money for this lesson to sink in.

• Me
      Jan 10, 2011

The same scam happened to my 78 year old mom. The guy on the phone practically admitted membership money is his pocket money.

• 1r
      Mar 17, 2011

I too got bamboozeled! I'm always on guard and did not see any alleged terms. In fact the ad piggy backed another ad in the pop-up testimonial which stated using the two products together would have dramatic results. I ordered both; one for 4.95 the other "Always White Smile" for 3.87.
    Only "Total Bright" (4.95 trial) came back & hit me with membership charges of 129.95. When I saw my cc stmt., I immediately called & cancelled, but, by then it was too late. In addition, they said I was scheduled for another shipment to be mailed in 48 hrs for 29.95! It too was cancelled. The cc company ruled in favor of the merchant unfortunately, but, I'm not done with this; and haven't paid a dime to my cc co. yet. I spoke to Total Bright's mgr; Monica, but, now she doesn't return my calls. This comes after she stated, on March 7th, that they may make an exception to credit me since my dad was ill & died during this whole process of alleged "trials." Gimme a break already!!! MJR