Toshiba Service Center Customer Service / bad service

9740 Irvine BoulevardIrvine, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased the Toshiba Satellite Laptop, and since the day of purchase nearly 8 mos ago it has had a problem. I contacted tech support, took it to a local toshiba retailer and finally sent it into them for repair. It came back minus a gig of ram and the same problem I sent it in for plus a new one with sound is present. I filed a complaint with customer service agent Carla and was told i have to send it back in. This is a dud I wish they would just replace it even with a used referred one.
Va

Comments

Ze
  20th of Sep, 2008
WOW! So I'm not the only one pissed off over here.
I bought my Toshiba Satellite less than 3 months ago. The damn piece of junk already broke for the third time w/ THE SAME issue - faulty hard drive that keeps crashing.
The first time I had to drive 1.5 hrs to the CSS repair center, the tech told me it was "unusual" for a new laptop to have such a problem. The hard drive was replaced and I got the lap top back in a week or so.

August 19, 2008 - the Laptop is received from repair and powered on.
August 23, 2008 - the Laptop breakes..AGAIN.

When I dish out a nice lump of money for a product, I expect it to last me LONGER than a month...anyone else?

I call the Toshiba support, they tell me to ship it to them, claiming their techs have better equipment and training and will fix the issue, no prob.
I send the thing and get it back in about a week or two. Finally, I power it on (this past Monday) and in a few days(on wed.)GUESS WHAT??! SAME PROBLEM!! They didn't fix SQUAT!
The hard drive croaked again. The system.dll is yet again "missing or corrupt", windows won't start, and the computer boots straight into a blank, black screen.
Called them, told them how it was, didn't hold any temper back, and got transferred to the Customer Relations Center where I spoke to Jose, the *&#()hole. I asked Jose if I could be transferred to a supervisor, not to be a b%^$!ch, I just wanted to speak to someone who would be the last option and get straight to the point. This piece of (^#*@ says(and I quote): "I won't let the issue escalate beyond me. So you will have to speak to me"...
Huh? But I don't want to speak to YOU...I want to speak to a supervisor. I want to explain this problem to someone who CAN do something about it. But Jose wouldn't have it. When confronted with my assumption that it pretty improbable for a hard drive to be faulty, with dead spots three times in a row, Jose snobbishly stated: "We don't expect our customers to know anything about proper functioning of hardware. Only our techs would know that." (aka. your too stupid to know anything about the complicated clockwork of a computer, so I'm just going to ignore anything you say concerning the issue). When it came down to my options, the very rude *#^*@face gave me the good, 'ol run-around: "*sigh*Mam', you have two options. You can either take your laptop to a repair center. Or you can send it in to our repair depot."
Hmmm..sounds familiar. OH WAIT! Because I already did that! And the problem was still not resolved.
Given the fact that this "customer relations manager" failed to assist, and plainly just told me to f -off, I decided to call back.
The results?
The customer support rep(which, despite the same bullcrap, was a bit more properly mannered) promised that everything will be taken care of...

..once I send the laptop in for repair...again...

Stating that he will write up a "full repot" on this case and make sure that the techs run all the proper test, Eric assured me that they will do everything in their power so that I "will never experience the same problem again".
Ok Eric. I got your word for it...and your employee ID.
So you better be right.
The laptop will ship out tomorrow. I'll get back to you all on the final outcome.
Do
  28th of Oct, 2008
I am having the same problem my 3 month old satellite is down again already had it fixed when I had only had it 3 weeks now its down again. I did get an address of the higher up people sent them a letter have not been long enough for them to respond. I feel as you I paid alot (maybe not to there thinking but to me) and I feel it should work for yrs not weeks!!! I would not even consider talking Toshiba up to anyone else. All my family has Toshibas but we have all decided no more!!! Think Toshiba should stand behind there products not just keep fixing them. If they break we should get a new one. I would love to just get my money back and I would get different on.
Am
  28th of Oct, 2008
Toshiba as a company is a joke. Never again. Their customer service is horrible. I keep getting disconnected or referred to other depts, 800 numbers or websites. Like I said, NEVER again.

Toshiba Corporation Logo Toshiba Corporation