Toshiba Qosmio Laptop / won't honor their warranty

I just want to advise anyone purchasing a computer from Toshiba. They will look for anything to get out of their warranty.

I purchase the laptop from CompUSA, Anchorage Alaska in 2005.

CompUSA looked at it and they said there was no liquid damage.

CompUSA fixed it.

Then the fan went out. CompUSA fixed that too.

Now the motherboard and the hard drive have died.

I have been through 2 motherboards, a hard drive and a fan so far.

I will never buy another Toshiba product again and I will always tell anyone who is buying an electronic device to stay away from Toshiba.

Va

Comments

• Bu
      7th of Dec, 2010

I have the same problem with my Toshiba laptop (only 5 months old) Because the little white spacer is missing ofnone of the usb ports they will not fix my dead laptop. Might I add three weeks after I bought the laptop the white spacer came out when I unplugged a usb mouse.
    Just read post on the net, Toshiba will so or say anything to get out of fixing thier garbage. BUYER BEWARE!

16th of Mar, 2011

I purchase the laptop from CompUSA, Anchorage Alaska in 2005. Within a year, the motherboard died. They claimed there was liquid damage to it, there was not, there was a little surface stain by a speaker.

CompUSA looked at it and they said there was no liquid damage. CompUSA fixed it. Then the fan went out. CompUSA fixed that too. Now the motherboard and the hard drive have died. Come to find out they are having a lot of problems with the Quosimo's because they are over heating and the warranty on that model is still on. They still will not honor the warranty on it. With CompUSA going out of business, I'm in trouble.

I have been through 2 motherboards, a hard drive and a fan so far.

I will never buy another Tosiba product again and I will always tell anyone who is buying an electronic device to stay away from Toshiba. I will put a plug in for CompUSA in Alaska. Where Toshiba has failed to honor their word, CompUSA has gone out of their way to fix our laptop. They may never see this but grats to you CompUSA.