Toshiba Laptop / liquid damage to the mother board

I purchased a Toshiba laptop about 2 years ago from Best buy. I purchased the extended life warranty and then we started having problems this summer with the computer. We brought it down to Best Buy to have it serviced. They found that it had liquid damage to the mother board. After spending $200 on a warranty they called and stated that the warranty did not cover liquid damage and that we would need to pay $800 to fix the computer. We paid 1000 for the computer. We talked with best buy to try to resolve this because we purchased a warrenty they stated we didn't buy that warrenty but when purchasing it we asked if this was the best warrenty and was told it was. Why were we not informed of a better warrenty.

I have Dell computer also and have had liquid damage. With the warrenty I purchased no questions asked Dell replaced the parts and shipped the computer back to me at no cost. I can't believe these companies can get away with warrenty fraud. I will never purchase another computer from any company that I can just pick a computer up at Ie.. Best buy or circuit city. If i had known these things would not be covered I would have just ordered another Dell. It was just the convience of picking the computer up that day and having it.

Comments

• Lu
      26th of Nov, 2006

I bought a toshiba laptop satellite A70. When use for a time, it shutdown because cpu overheat. Don´t buy thoshiba laptops. have a bad cooling desing.

• Pr
      9th of Jan, 2009
    Toshiba Laptop - not workable
    WalMart
    4540MAIN st.
    Shallotte North Carolina
    North Carolina
    Phone: 7542880

I bought a laptop for my grandson on the 14 of December. He opened it on Christmas day and had it downloaded by a reptical company. It worked fine for a couple of days when it would not come on internet at all. Took it back to phone company when they said, something is wrong with the windows and we should carry it back to wal-marts. Sorry they said you are 4 days late to bring it back. Even though it is still under toshiba warranty. The c-d was not in the box either. I called Toshiba and they were going to mail one.Still waiting ---Called Toshiba reps in North Carolina which is about 2oo miles from here, but know help unless i paid more money on credit card.The warranty would not cover the things they thought it might be. Also Wal -mart said the laptop should not have been turned on. Well how did or did not where it would work or not. If he would have opened the laptop before Christmas then i guess they would have exchanged it? Even i still had the receipt. Thats all my grandson wanted for Christmas and wanted one for years .The family got together and bought one . Now here he sits with nothing. Leading Toshiba company gave me a return case # if the cd dont work. So i have to pay money to send it to California to be worked on. to my opinion Wall Mart is a bag of ----. PRICILLA

• Bo
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Toshiba Laptop - defective laptop
    Toshiba Laptop
    5225 E. 22ND Street
    Tucson
    Arizona

I purchased a laptop for a Christmas present. The laptop came in early November, I decided to open it later that month, just to make sure it would work because it was a Christmas present. Unfortunately it did not work. The company had me pay for the return, and they kep it until after Christmas, and returned it in the same condition. Now they won't even take my call. I would never purchase anything from this company, and encourage anyone else that is thinking about purhasing an item, not to do it. I am now out $400 for a laptop that does not work.

• Fr
      2nd of Dec, 2009
    Toshiba Laptop - customer service
    FUTURE SHOP
    Lynden Road/Wayne Gretzky Pkwy
    Brantford
    Ontario
    Canada

JOSEPH approaches us to assist in buying a laptop, he actually recommended a cheaper laptop - which I thought was nice for a change, he did tell me that for what I use my laptop for it was not necessary to go with the more expensive one that I had originally been looking at. I was pleased that he did show us one for $549.00 and I made my decision. Of course he went through the process of trying to sell me all the add ons, promotions for software, anti-virus etc. Which I understand is part of his job. I told him no, as my boyfriend and I had alternate plans for and anti-virus and simply just not interested in anything else. We arrive at the counter where he begins to explain the warranty. I know all about the warranty- In the past year we purchased our T.V, HD DVD, a BLUE RAY and a desktop computer not to mention countless dvd's and games. We purchased a warranty for the television, it was really expensive and if ever we ran into a problem of course we wanted to be sure it was covered. When I refused a warrenty for the laptop, JOSEPH doesn't like this - I let it go because I do know that it is his job to stress how important the warranty is - But I do not want it, and I won't be convinced, I'm willing to take my chances but he still doesn't take no for an answer. He starts to get huffy, and he's starting to treat us as if it's completely foolish to not purchase this 2 year warranty. He pulls out his phone and does some calculations, telling me that it's only $22 more dollars a month for 12 months. ONLY?! We decline AGAIN - He does some more calculations and tells us, we can stretch the payment w/ no interest over 2 years for an extra $100.00 and then purchse the warranty and it's only $11 dollars a month for 2 years??? WE SAID NO JOSEPH, at this point my boyfriend says "We said no, please just ring the damn thing in". Joe's not done, he proceeds to ask if we know how many computer repair shops there are in the city? He is full on arguing with us at this point. He says, "because computers break a lot more than tv's" (making reference to us buying the warranty on our tv but refusing the for the laptop) He tells us, laptops overheat, lightening could strike our house while it's plugged in, and goes on and on My boyfriend eventually cuts him off, "NO MAN, ARE YOU SERIOUS ..HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY NO, JUST LET US PAY FOR THE DAMN THING" When Joseph begins to argue again, and we've been at the counter now listening to him for over 10 minutes, we decided to leave. We no longer wanted the laptop and we sure as hell did not want to give him the sale. I'm disgusted. I understand stressing the warranty - but NO MEANS NO. Is it part of the job description to make the customer feel stupid for not wanting the warranty? I know they have to push it but when is it too far? I definitely feel that he crossed the line. We will purchase our laptop elsewhere.

• El
      30th of Oct, 2010
    Toshiba Laptop - the parcel not delivered
    DELIVERY WORLD SERVICES
    Philippines

I RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM DELIVERY WORLD SERVICE, WHICH HAS ITS OFFICE AT #10PANEU AVE. BANGKOK, THAILAND FROM THEIR COORDINATOR AT SOUTH EAST ASIA REGIONAL CO BY THE NAME OF MR. ALEX THAMAY. WITH MOBILE PHONE +66811329372, DATED OCT.18, 2017, THEY ARE ASKING ME TO PAY THE CHARGES AND THE STORAGE FEE $ 150 AND 190 dollars. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE PARCEL STILL THERE.
    SINCERELY YOURS,

• Mi
      1st of Nov, 2010
    Toshiba Laptop - poor quality
    Toshiba

Bought the laptop from Toshiba nov, 10 2017, laptop won't keep charge for more than 1 hr. sent it back to repair center 3 times and I've encountered the most rude CSR ever. just got off the phone with a rep and they have no clue where my laptop is and I think they want to keep it till the warranty runs on the the 10th november 2017.they have incompetent reps and technicians. all I want is to be able to use the laptop for school and the promise it will hold charge for upto 4 hrs.

• Bi
      24th of Dec, 2010
    Toshiba Laptop - no concern for the customer
    Toshiba direct

We bought a Toshiba u500 laptop 6 months ago. It immediately had issues shutting down, restarting, rebooting, and hanging. Toshiba gave us the name and address of a local company who would do warranty repairs on the laptop. We drove the computer there and dropped it off. They called the next day saying Toshiba had denied warranty, yes, within 30 days of the initial purchase. I called Toshiba and had to send it to them for repair, and estimated 2 weeks that we would be without the machine. When we got it back FIVE weeks later, it had the same issue. We called Toshiba back and received the worst customer service I have ever experienced. "They can't do anything further, and no you can't talk to my supervisor". Today I'm taking my now 6 month old $1, 000 Toshiba paperweight to the trash dumpster. I will never buy anything made by, sold by, or in any way associated with Toshiba, ever again. I'll also encourage my 2, 000 employees and everyone I meet to do the same.
    Buyer beware, poor quality and absolutely no support or customer service after the sale!

26th of Apr, 2011

Just general poor service with respect to every turn, they always take the low road and never the high road. Just the way we all know that Apple Support Service is good and efficient, Toshiba support and service is the opposite. If they can put you on hold for two weeks while they try to find out what happened, they will do it rather than solve the issue now and spend their own time finding out what happened. You will suffer any way they can make that possible, never Toshiba, always you, the customer. The IQ level of the Kathy's one chats with in the name of solving any issue is low and their ability is limited, again, unlike the Apple company who could teach Toshiba a few tricks. That's all I just wanted to warn any shoppers for Toshiba products as to what they can expect when they need support or repair or warranty assistance, YOU WILL GET THE RUN AROUND for sure and for as long as they can do it, they will and good luck getting anything completed to your satisfaction.

Toshiba Laptop - toshiba support/repairs
    Student
    Carbondale
    Colorado

26th of Apr, 2011

I did buy Everything Apple. Just one of my sons is a hold out for the PC but we are working on getting him switched over, one item at a time. He just started with the I-Phone and we trust it will grow from there.
    Cheers Immodest!!

9th of Jul, 2011
    Toshiba Laptop - bad sevice
    Toshiba

Same story with problem shutting down without warning. Its a Satellite m640 and its 2 months old. Phone tech support, sent for repair etc, etc...have too many hours trying to get satisfaction. Still not fixed. Toshiba doesn't care about customer service they are in profit protection mode. I am giving up and I'm going to Fed Ex the laptop to the VP of consumer affairs and telling him to keep it because I don't need the headache. I bought Toshiba because of reliability reports. I am sure these problems are not included in the reliability statistics. Every computer company has technical issues but its how the respond to those problems that matters. I did a ton of research before I bought Toshiba...NEVER AGAIN!

• Ro
      8th of Nov, 2012

i would like to ask if my toshiba laptop still cover for your warranty.my boyfriend bought my laptop last 2017 in US i think and now some of my keys are not working.the model of my toshiba laptop is Model No.PSK2CU-OK1O1S, Serial NO.4B179087W with Satellite L655_S5150

• Ro
      8th of Nov, 2012
    Toshiba Laptop - keyboard
    toshiba company
    Philippines

i would like to ask if my toshiba laptop still covers your warranty?.my loptap bought by my bf and i think last 2017 in US.NOw some of my Keys on my keyboard is not woking.and I would like to ask if you can replace the keyboard of my laptop.here is the details of my laptop.MOdel No.PSK2CU-OK101S and Serial NO. 4B179087W.