Toshiba Laptop / liquid damage to the mother board
I purchased a Toshiba laptop about 2 years ago from Best buy. I purchased the extended life warranty and then we started having problems this summer with the computer. We brought it down to Best Buy to have it serviced. They found that it had liquid damage to the mother board. After spending $200 on a warranty they called and stated that the warranty did not cover liquid damage and that we would need to pay $800 to fix the computer. We paid 1000 for the computer. We talked with best buy to try to resolve this because we purchased a warrenty they stated we didn't buy that warrenty but when purchasing it we asked if this was the best warrenty and was told it was. Why were we not informed of a better warrenty.
I have Dell computer also and have had liquid damage. With the warrenty I purchased no questions asked Dell replaced the parts and shipped the computer back to me at no cost. I can't believe these companies can get away with warrenty fraud. I will never purchase another computer from any company that I can just pick a computer up at Ie.. Best buy or circuit city. If i had known these things would not be covered I would have just ordered another Dell. It was just the convience of picking the computer up that day and having it.
More Toshiba Laptop Complaints & Reviews
- Toshiba Satellite Notebook - toshiba notebook problems 
- Toshiba Satellite A135-s2276 - toshiba computers disregards lemon product issues 
- Toshiba - toshiba sucks! 
- Toshiba Satellite A210 - toshiba canada claims no responsibility 
- Toshiba / 40rf350u LCD TV - picture problem 
- Toshiba Corporation - damaged toshiba fire tv - replacement
- Toshiba Corporation - fridge maintenance
- Toshiba Corporation - tech support
- Toshiba Corporation - electrical goods
- Toshiba Corporation - television has bad picture