Toshiba Laptop / terrible customer service!

United States Review updated:
I bought this laptop toshiba m35x series. Got crashed 5 times in 3 years.Got hard drive replaced about a month ago. Now the warranty is over. System is down again,with a error message windows file missing.Got customer care which charged me 35 dollars to help me guide on phone to reinstall recovery cd. I agreed, but installation process failed in the fist step. Now I was told to take the computer to authorized dealer. They still charged me without giving me even the diagnosis. I am calling them for the last two days to refund me my money, each time I am put on hold for 35-45 minutes to talk to the case manager, but always get disconnected. Very bad experience with customer care especially when it comes to get the refund back.
Ra

Comments

Ma
  11th of Mar, 2009
Got a toshiba laptop last Dec. Hard Drive crashed 3 times. Now again and it is out of warranty! They refuse to do anything about it even though it has been an ongoing problem since we got it!!! Never again will I buy from this company. They keep saying it was from going on internet????? It was in for service so much we never used it!!! Had the hard drive replaced again 3 months ago, did not go on it but maybe once, booted it up yesterday and guess what? you betcha, crashed again.
Na
  26th of Jan, 2010
I just bought a P505-S8980 and had it for 15 before my harddrive crashed. I am in Iraq right now, so i had to send it to IL to a family member she REC it and the comp looked brand new as it was. She sent it to them and they REC it cracked, they are saying it is my fault that its cracked. They will not release the laptop back to me either saying i need to replace the cracked case. Even though it happened when they sent the box to my family. They gave me a number to the Depot were the comp is supposed to be at but no one picks up the phone. I waited on hold for 45 mins, mom waitied for 60 and my wife waitied on hold for 85, went to voice mail for both mom and wife and says leave a # and we will call you back that was over a week ago and noting. The customer service says that the depot needs to talk to me but they cant call me as i am in Iraq and the # they tell me to call keeps me on hold for 45+ mins. I filed a complaint with the BBB, hoping they can solve the issue. I dont know what to do but never again will i buy Toshiba, and they wont give money back because the comp has been over seas. Yet they sell them here at the BX/PX/NEX...If anyone can help please let me know.

Toshiba Corporation Logo Toshiba Corporation