Toshiba India / faulty lcd tv
10 Days!! Still awaiting reply / action !
Is this the way a world renowned professional company like TOSHIBA deals with its customer's!
IT HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA & you are proving it right!
Kindly go thru the following:
After comparing Sony, Samsung & Toshiba, I bought TOSHIBA REGZA 32AV600E 32 Inch LCD TV & the same was installed at my place in Dec.2009.
Since its installation on the very first day, I noticed that its resolution was not good. I adjusted its backlight, contrast, brightness etc. but of no use. Whatever adjustments I made, the picture quality was never improved. It had following problems:
1. The picture quality is very dull. Even with full contrast / brightness
2. The image is disported.
3. One feels strain while watching program. It's like moving images leave a trail behind them.
4 Colors feels like they bleed .
5. It feels like the screen is very dirty or if you are watching a very low quality pirated DVD or program.
6. It use to switch off automatically, without timer & later switched off permanently.
I had bought the TV from Mr. Sanjay Thapar of M/s Sanjay Enterprises Mumbai, which he had purchased from M/s Vijay Sales, Mumbai. After receiving the same I noticed that there was no protective seal on the screen & on the panel. The screen looked like that it had been wiped / cleaned with a cloth. Moreover it had few scratches on lower portion of the panel & deep scratches on the bottom of the panel where the TV stand is inserted, clearly showing the same has been used. Even the serial No. on the warranty card provided didn't match with the serial No. printed on the TV. There was no doubt that it was a used TV & the same was cleaned, repacked & dispatched to me.
I reported the matter to Mr. Sanjay & he, being a friend assured me that the TV is new, I accepted it on good faith. It was only when it started giving trouble of switching off during the program, I forwarded the complaint & was attended by Engineer Mr. Mahipal from Toshiba Chandigarh & Mr. Rattan (Service Centre incharge, Toshiba, North India) on 21-02-10.
Mr. Rattan, from Toshiba service centre (which I didn't knew earlier) took the lead of attending the complaint & do the talking. I thought if he is the engineer from Toshiba, Chandigarh. After lots of listening / talking & the adjustment done by other person Mr. Mahipal (engineer from Toshiba) whom he never introduce, it was declared thet the LCD TV's reception is like this only. I was shocked to hear that. We have Samsung LCD in our family & its performance is far far better than Toshiba. Still, I played a genuine DVD for there viewing so that they could see & compare the quality but of no use. When I asked him that even simple flat CRT TV has very good performance in comparison to Toshiba LCD, he said it is due to the single picture tube they carry (very strange answer). Any how, when I played the same DVD on my Flat Slim CRT TV, the picture quality was very lively & brilliant. Again I asked Mr. Rattan about the comparison & he repeated the same answer that performance of CRT Flat TV (aspect ratio 4:3, 480p) is far better than LCD TV (aspect ratio 16:9, 1080p). Then why people buy LCD TV's. This time I sincerely doubted his capability & asked him if he really is the engineer from Toshiba & then only I was told that he is the service center incharge & other person Mr. Mahipal is the one from Toshiba.
Finally Mr. Rattan gave his verdict with utmost authority that there is no problem with the TV & every TV brand has its own set of performance & of Toshiba LCD TV is like this only. I couldn't bear any more. I simply thanked them for there kind visit & felt sorry that I bothered them. Actually I had forgot that I am still living in India & here if some thing is sold to you it's done, HAVE IT or LEAVE IT. Anyhow, before leaving as Mr. Mahipal was filling some complaint report, I asked him for his views as he was the engineer & had kept quite since, he admitted that there is definitely a problem with the TV's contrast & brightness & would forward the complaint to higher authorities. Mr. Rattan face was plain & he had no answer to Mr. Mahipal's observations. It was looking like Mr.Rattan had come merely to attend the complaint as a formality & nothing else. He never let the Engineer Mr. Mahipal speak. Mr.Mahipal was sitting like a mute spectator fumbling with the remote. That's all.
After Filling the form he asked me to sign it along with the any views which I like to put in. He told me that one copy he'll forward to the concern authorities, one copy is for me & 3rd copy is for there record. I put the remarks & signed it. 4-5 minutes after they left, I rembered that they never provided me the complaint copy. I called Mr. Rattan for the same but was told that complaintent doesn't need to have the copy & all the copies are for the Toshiba people only. Very contradictory answer!
Any how, I was disappointed earlier also but never thought of writing / complaining, but this time I am highly disappointed after the visit of the designated people from Toshiba. It feels like if I had purchased some cheap Chinese toy from the road side vendor & went complaing after few days.
I DEFINITELY FEEL CHEATED.
----- Original Message -----
From: iceNslice - India
Cc: Pooja Gandhi ; ravi sampat ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 9:05 PM
Subject: TOSHIBA 32AV600 FAULTY LCD ~ COMPLAINT
Dear Kalpesh Ji,
As discussed I am pleased to forward complaint of Mr. Vivek Mahajan
who is a very close & dear friend of mine. As a matter of fact when Mr. Vivek Mahajan called me to ask which
LCD should I buy I not olly recommended Toshiba LCD to him but also sent him one after
purchaing from Vijay Sales not knowing that he will feel duped & cheated thereafter because he and his
family from the day one have not been able to enjoy watching LCD because
1. First and foremost new sealed pack LCD when removed had a scratch on the chassis but Mr. Vivek Mahajan being a good friend
did not mincing words and accepted it as it is for which I thank him
2. Then after few days the LCD started getting switched off during a program and had to be manually switch on which was a pain every time
3. Now since yesterday it had switched off permanently not to restart again.
4. All the money has gone waste he feels and is not at all happy after receiving TOSHIBA 32AV600E touted by Toshiba as an advance LCD panel..??
5. Please ensure that the LCD is attended and repaired at the earliest possible so that MR. Vivek Mahajan along with his family is able to finally enjoy
watching their favorite program on TOSHIBA LCD.
6. All the details including purchase details and LCD serial no. is given below.
423/6, Housefed Complex
Block-E, SBS Nagar, Pakhowal Road
Ludhiana - 141001 Punjab
Mobile: [protected] / 2423000
eMAIL ID : email@example.com
32" TOSHIBA REGZA 32AV600E LCD TV
SERIAL NO. [protected]
FAULTY TOSHIBA LCD - COMPLAINT
1) SINCE PURCHASED IT HAD A SCRATCH ON THE CHASSIS
2) SWITCHES OFF OF ITS OWN WHEN ON & HAD TO BE RESTARTED
3) NOW IT IS COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN
WE HAVE CHECKED POWER SUPPLY IT IS ALL OK
BUT TOSHIBA LCD IS NOT STARTING AT ALL.
M/S. VIJAY SALES (GHATKOPER) ( MR. KALPESH JI - PD HO)
INVOICE NO.: 13-GTK11-09SICD-550
DATE . 21-11-2009
PAID BY CHEQUE NO. 572316 (ICICI) BHANDUP BR.
Thanking you in advance for your support & cooperation.
24-Kembros Estate, Sonapur Lane, Bhandup (West)
Mumbai - 400078
Ph.: [protected] / [protected] / [protected]
More Toshiba India Complaints & Reviews
- Toshiba Satellite Notebook - toshiba notebook problems 
- Toshiba Satellite A135-s2276 - toshiba computers disregards lemon product issues 
- Toshiba - toshiba sucks! 
- Toshiba Satellite A210 - toshiba canada claims no responsibility 
- Toshiba / 40rf350u LCD TV - picture problem 
- Toshiba Corporation - Fridge maintenance
- Toshiba Corporation - tech support
- Toshiba Corporation - electrical goods
- Toshiba Corporation - television has bad picture
- Toshiba Corporation - my 32 inch smart toshiba television.