Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree / Bad experience

1 P.O. Box 3179Wallingford, CT, United States Review updated:

I ordered on Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree in May with a credit card. I received an order confirmation which listed all the pertinent information regarding my order (order number, address etc). It looked like any other confirmation email I have received before. Never processed my order according to my credit card statements. I have emailed twice and did not received a reply. I finally called the 800 # three separate times and got a hold of a company that sells binoculars. According to them, they have been in business for two years and have an 866 #. So I would call the 800 # and it went straight to this company who has a different number. I sent them yet another email tellling them to cancel my order, but if I don't hear from them how do I know they will? They have my information! Please help! I have tried to find them online again but no luck! Anyone out there have a similar experience?

Va

More Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      15th of Aug, 2008

I too ordered those tomatos from Ct with a very wierd receipt on my credit card statement and never received them. I have contacted everyone and I am going to report them to the Better Business Bureau right now.

• Te
      20th of May, 2009

Called the 1-800# after seeing the Paid Programming on TV.
    Beware: Voice Recording only! When offered addl items other than the two trees I ordered, the recording said to press "1" for no if I did not
    want that or those addl item/s. Each and every time I pressed "1". Today I call about my order and not only did they send me the 2 trees, but they sent the extra large for a much higher price. They even sent all the items I refused with the "1" answer on the phone. I told them I would not accept the box/s and I definitely would not pay the return shipping, i.e. my credit card company will get that money back. This company is a rip off and I suggest you go to Target and buy the hanging box and not order through them AT ALL!!! It took me four answered phone calls to get through to a person that finally gave me a return shipping number. They will put you on hold and you will hold forever. NEVER AGAIN...JUST DO NOT MESS WITH THEM. This junk will be in the stores before you know it. WHO CARES. TEXAS GIRL

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

I ordered these trees this weekend. I thought I was ordering 2 but it looks like I ordered 4 (they have a very deceptive way of presenting the orders online). I talked to a customer service rep and they said my order was not in the system. They also told me that I would not be charged until shipped but they managed to charge my credit card today (1 day later). According to the status track the order has not been shipped (go figure). Where is this company located? The state Attorney General needs to know about these practices.

• Di
      14th of Aug, 2009

I ordered 3 of the Tomato Trees and, even with them all being shipped together, there was no discount on the S&H. The S&H was $19.95 each (total of nearly $60 for the three). They are making a killing off the S&H. The TV ad says the tomato trees are 6 feet tall; however, the stands you receive are only 5 feet tall. My tomato plants are now hanging on the ground. I also did not receive the recipe books that were supposed to be included. I called in May and, now that we are in the middle of August with tomatoes ready to be picked, I still have not received them. I sent the company a letter on July 17 on both issues and still have not received a response. Next letter is to BBB.

• Fa
      24th of Sep, 2009

I had ordered two myself, only lasted six months before the sun rotted them out. Has anyone else had problems with watering, both of mine needed to be watered three times a day or the plants would wilt. The company claims they will last a long time, five years is long, not five months.

• Da
      7th of Nov, 2009

I ordered two in the spring. They took weeks to show up. They required deep watering at least once a day and sometimes a little spritz in addition. They never really produced all that much fruit either. The 'free' strawberry hanging bag that came never produced ANY harvest at all. As a first timer with a backyard garden I'll take some blame, but wasn't this supposed to make it so easy anyone could do it? Also when ever it was windy any branches with fruit would tend to break off. I lost a lot of fruit that way. I put these out in June and by October (four months) both bags had rotted though and disinegrate when you touch them, which is making taking them down a quite dirty process.