Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree / SCAM!!!

1 OR, United States Review updated:

i placed an online order on 04/26/09, following a tv ad during which this company advertised 19.90 each, get two for one with only an additional shipping/handling amount for the second. there was no opportunity to change the order once entered and shipping charges were added after i gave my credit card number, which was 39.90! my total bill came to 109.70. i immediately emailed the company back after receipt of the order confirmation asking that it be cancelled. never heard back from anyone. i am completely disgusted and will protest this charge through my credit card carrier. i will also file a complaint with BBB.

More Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ne
      18th of May, 2009

i too ordered one of these "deals" - the internet page boasted about the buy-one-get-one free so i ordered two.

after all the questions of do i want to buy this or buy that, to which i always said 'no', the site gave me a confirmation page showing my total charges of $71 !!

i called to try to rectify the problem the following monday (i purchased on a saturday) and the gentleman said it was too late to cancel and that my order was already processed but i could refuse delivery and they would be sent back.

if i do that, i'm out $30 (roughly) since they charge $15 EACH for shipping and i would have nothing.

i'm happy to comment here - and my next letter is to the BBB to describe how they cheat you into false purchases.

i know these can be bought at home depot - i haven't found them at lowes yet, but if you are going to buy one, DONT BUY IT FROM THEIR WEBSITE!!

• Bo
      20th of May, 2009

Same as above. I bought [1] to get [1] free. My invoice should have been $35.89 but was $66.78. Now, after refusing the shipment, I have the problem of trying to get the $31.80 s&h charge removed from my credit card.
    I will in the future, and suggest to all who read this, do not give any personal info, to anyone, until you have the actual charge amount.

• Bo
      26th of May, 2009

Good to know. It looks as though a lot of people are getting scammed from this company. I was just about to order but not now! I'll stick with my old plastic garbage can that I have cut 7 holes in and used for years.