Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree / EXTRA CHARGES

1 Dayton, OH, United States Review updated:

after watching the commercials advertising a tomato tree, which showed three holes in the product, instead of the original product using just one hole, the commercial promised 2 payments of 19.99 plus SH and a free strawberry planter with SH. I wanted to order to tomato trees, which I put my credit card information into the system. It took my credit card without even letting me see what I was ordering, and processed it, I received an email showing me I ordered 2 tomato trees, 1 strawberry planter and the total was a whopping $167.70. OMG! I about fell over dead. I called customer service and was on hold forever...now I know why...everyone who ordered online was calling cancelling the product...What a rip off...

More Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ms
      30th of Sep, 2009

I totally agree with this complaintant, since I ordered the same deal, plus one extra Tomato Tree, in March 2008, and they didn't arrive until the end of May 2006. I was charged $187 for these Tomato Trees, and by August the bags had rotted and split. Our total harvest, after planting three tomato plants, yellow squash, bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers, was a total of ONE tiny jalapeno. When we removed the dirt from the rotted bags to at least save it, the root systems had not grown at all since the day we planted them. We raise a garden every year in our yard, so we know what we're doing when it comes to caring for garden plants as well as decorative plants in planters and flowerbeds.
    I am most disappointed, since they advertise them so highly, and we totally lost our fresh vegetable crop for this year. I don't know where they get all of these advertised Tomato Tree gardens from, but I do know that they don't work. Take it from a baby boomer couple who knows how to garden.
    Jane