Toppositions.org / Web traffic scam

1 1155 E. Twain Ave., Ste. 108-12Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702 425 5878

This company looks for websites and calls the owner and says that they can help increase traffic to their websites. They try to sell you a service that with the installed base of a web brower toolbar called webmenu that when you purchase select keywords, that your web page will show on top a search engine when anyone with this toolbar enters your keyword. They claim that there are 30 million users of this toolbar and any of these users who performs a search with the keywords that they will sell to you will cause your webpage to appear. Pretty slick. They even show you a BBB rating of an A+ and that they have been in business since 1995. They even guarantee that if you buy 3 keywords, you will get a guarantee of 30, 000 hits of your website in 6 months!

They pressure you to buy these keywords now, so to lock out any competitors from buying these valuable keywords. You figure if you get 30, 000 hits in 6 months you would easily make up the cost of this type of advertising. So you enter the keywords that they help you to find to get the maximum exposure to your website. You can pay them using your Amex card or they will send a fedex truck today to pick up your check for the payment in full for this service for 6 months. You figure you are on your way to easy street. Until you find out that this is a complete scam.

They will help you to install this web toolbar, but after you pay your 2-3 thousand dollars, the hits to your website are fakes. No one is anymore interested in your product or service. You call their customer service, and find that they are not helpful. You ask for your money back and they will say that you signed an no refund or cancelation contract. They got your money and you have a whole lot of nothing.

If you discover that this is a scam after you agreed to purchasing their service, and stop payment of the check, they will still harass you for payment. They will say to you that you signed a no cancellation contract, and if you don't pay they will send debt collectors and ruin your credit.

Stay away from any unsolicited calls from a company called toppositions.org or dotless domain.com. They are one and the same. Check out their BBB rating and it will show you that their rating is an F. There are still some hope for those of you who have been scammed by them if you used Amex to pay for this service. There are reports that Amex considers this company as a scam. The Nebraska Attorney General is investigating this company.

I can't stress this strong enough but to stay away from these people and let as many people you know about these scammers.

Mu

Comments

• X1
      14th of Aug, 2009

What do you mean the hits are fakes? How do you know this? Maybe they count a hit as someone who types in your keyword since it automatically opens your website? I can't find any other complaints or praises, can you please be more specific on this matter? Thanks.

• Mu
      14th of Aug, 2009

While I do not have first hand knowledge about hits to my website since I refused to pay for their services when I found out that they are scamming people, I have read complaints about another website that does markets the same service. This website is dotlessdomain.com If you do search on dotlessdomain.com you will see plenty of bad news about this company. The reason I know that dotlessdomain.com and Toppositions.org are related is because they both use the same two identical testimonials on their websites. I even contacted one of their testimonial company and spoke to the owner and not only could he not give a good reference, he has tried repeatedly to get his company off dotlessdomain.com and Toppositions.org websites.

I know of a report that someone used their Amex card to pay for their service with dotlessdomain.com and when Amex investigated the charge found that they referred themselves as Toppositions.org.

There are plenty of complaints about Toppositions, see the following:

I hope this helps shed some light about these guys.

• Ms
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Thanks for the heads-up! I have been getting bombarded by these people for the past couple weeks and told them I wanted to research them further, and had to hang up on them to finally get them off the phone.

Thanks to your review, advice, and Google!

9th of Sep, 2009

Thanks for the heads up. They just called me, and the guy was SO hard sell that I had to hang up on him too. I'm a sales person myself and HATE that these are the people who give sales people a bad name. I immediately did a search for them on the web and found this. Had a feeling I would (find something like this, I mean).

Thanks for being a voice so that the rest of us could be spared.

• Da
      14th of Sep, 2009

You know, I just signed up with toppositions.org for two keywords for $1, 500. Whatever happens happens. You would think that there would be a lot more complaints about this company. I honestly don't know what to think. Everything in advertising is a risk. If I went into this deal without researching then I deserve losing my money if the company happens to scam it's customers. But it leaves me to think, what would they gain from ripping off people? What everyone wants in all reality is repeat business and happy customers. I am old fashioned, I guess, and hopeful that not all people are bad. Oh well, I can always write it off on my income tax. I want to at least try this and see what happens. I can't live with fear all the time that people are out there to get me.

21st of Dec, 2009

This co. is a fake. They got me for $1800. Now I cant even get them on the phone. I saw a lot of fake hits, but not a single person left their info for a call back. Now there is another co. trying to solicit me for the same type of thing. They are called Placement On Top, by Visual Words.