TopLogoRingtone.com / unsolicited subscription

I called my cellphone service provider, verizon wireless, to question a charge of $9.98 for a premium text message on my wireless billing statement. The customer service rep. explained that it was from a third party that provides some sort of service that I must have subscribed to. I informed that I never subscribed to any such service. Not now or ever in the past. He agreed to remove the charge and instructed me on how to unsubscribe from the service that I never subscribed to in the first place. He said he was unable to provide me with any details yet he was able to provide me with numbers to use in a text message to unsubscribe.
The same happened to another person I know who has at&t wireless.
How can the wireless cellphone service providers continue to allow this to haappen. There's no telling how many people are unsuspectingly being ripped off. Sad.

Comments

• Vi
      17th of Feb, 2009
    TopLogoRingtone.com - Fraudulent Billing Practices
    Fun Mobile

Fraudulent Billing Practices

I signed for services with TOPLOGORINGTONE.COM, and a few seconds…not even a minute, sent and e-mail cancelling my service. I received confirmation from them stating, “All ur services are terminated without changes, however a few days later I went to view my mobile phone bill online and they had charged me anyway.

I proceeded to call my cell phone company to have the charges reversed, which they said they would do for next month, but I would have to pay the $9.99 that was already charged…not a problem I said. I then called top-logo-ringtone.com to alert them to the issue…well the representative put me on hold for several minutes, then came back to the phone and proceeded to read from a script telling me how I signed up and cancelled and I agreed to the charges. All this despite the fact that they sent an email confirmation noting no charges would apply.

The representative was rude and would not stop talking, despite the fact that I tried to interject several times; he had the nerve to tell me to let him finish. What ever happened to customer service…never mind, it does not exist if you are talking to someone from another country who reads from a scripted response to your complaint.

The customer service rep...if that’s what you want to call him, asked me who sent the e-mail? Is he some kind of idiot? It was computer generated, how would I know who sent it…I assumed they did, and not the Easter Bunny.

I called back a second time and got the exact same response…almost as if it was the same person. I do not think they are seriously capable of handling a complaint, be the response will always be the same…ineffectual.

Do not use this service: TOPLOGORINGTONE.COM, they engage in fraudulent billing practices.

• Ho
      5th of Mar, 2009

the wireless companies dont have any control over a third party that you (whether unknowingly or not) subscribed to. lots of times your children are the ones who are txting these third parties. they may be minors but the line is not in their name it is in yours-so you are liable for what they do on them. wireless companies also provide you with opt-out instructions-which they dont have to do either. so really they are doing everything they can to protect you including allowing you to place blocks for premium txt msgs at no addtl charge.

11th of Jul, 2009
    TopLogoRingtone.com - Unauthorized charges
    TopLogoRingtone.com
    toplogoringtone.com

• Cc
      11th of Jul, 2009

I also have been charged with my (Orchard Bank) credit card Company which is now HSBC Bank...I have gone to the Orchard Bank site to request stop payment on this ..
    2 charges both for so-called credit reports amount of each charge is $14.95...a total of $29.95...have also contacted my Lawyer...C.Cota