Topdawg Labrador Retrievers / Unethical Breeder, False Advertising

83 American Way, Picayune, MS 39466Picayune, MS, United States Review updated:
2.35

This place says how good they are and I have found out that they sell dogs from other kennels under their name and they are not from their stock. The animals are left outside with no protection and they live in holes dug into the ground. They say their dogs are chanpions but they have no awards. They have tried to inject the wormer into the dogs and they have tried to administer the heart wormer through the dogs nose. The let the dogs play in the run-off from the kennel and have a mountain of feces and urine in the yard next to the kennel, which her four year old son has access to. The employee she has doesnot have any idea of how to take care of any animals. They say they are always in the kennel but she is at another job all day during the week and the employee she has is in a shed that he lives in on the property. They are not licensed and they state the facility is there for buyers but buyers are not allowed to see the dogs before purchase. This is a shabby excuse for a kennel. Please Beware!!!

Comments

Ci
  10th of Nov, 2008
This complaint was posted by a very vengeful person who was NEVER a customer of TOPDAWG Kennels, but a suitor of the owner. When the relationship didnt work, he continuously has tried to destroy her life in any way possible. He has issued threats and committed fraud in his efforts to destroy her life simply because she didnt want to have a relationship with him and justly so. Because of his actions there is a warrant issued for his arrest in several counties of Mississippi. This will be added to the list of documents attached to the warrant. His name is William (Bill) Dupuy.

You are free to visit TOPDAWG Kennels yourself or you can see the facility on www.topdawglabs.net.
Ji
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
As a customer of the kennel in question I can absolutely say that the dog I acquired (my third Lab) is awesome. He is in total health, is the model lab in stature and build, and could not be such a good dog if he suffered any portion of the atrocities that the obiously vindictive complaintant lists. I found the place a sweet, almost home, type of environment that seemed to be run by people who love animals. One we reason we purchased there is because we found it so homey as opposed to institutional and factory-like.

In fact, if you read the words of the complaintant it becomes quite obvious that they are the words of a disgrunteld ex employee or personal relation to the owner. Otherwise how would the complaintant have so much detail information about the owner working other jobs, her 4 year old son, etc. One obvious untruth in the complaint is that buyers are not allowed to see the animals before purchase. I saw mine!

I like the idea of this site. Too bad vindictive people with too much time on their hands can misuse it.

TOPDAWG Kennels delivered to me a quality puppy that my family loves !!!
Ni
  10th of Nov, 2008
Cindy Carrick and I have become close friends over the years. Our relationship grew from the purchase of one of her gorgeous dogs. Rebekah is calm, loyal, true to standard and very sound. I was certainly allowed to choose her and have been in Cindy's kennels many times since. We have purchased other dogs from Cindy and I have sent many people her way when looking for that special lab. She has educated and guided, mentored, me through the establishment and growth of my kennel. I have taken several of my females to her kennel for breeding and we have experienced beautiful litters of labrador retrievers. Her kennel is top notch! I can only dream of having such a home for my dogs.

I know Cindy's son very well, having visited at their home and my home many times. He is warm, affectionate and confident. He and Cindy have a wonderful relationship. He loves the dogs and the out doors and most of all his mommy.

I am aware of the brief relationship Cindy had with Mr. Dupuy and how she wisely broke it off. He is not a well man. Very vengeful and dangerous.
Jd
  11th of Nov, 2008
This complaint is completely unsubstantiated, and as previously mentioned in another comment initiated by a someone personally interested in Cindy. All of this vitriol he is spouting is only the result of unrequited love. I have a beautiful three year old male named Bud that I even allow Cindy to stud.

She is a wonderful person, mother and breeder. Her facilities are immaculate. Every time the AKC does an inspection, she passes with highest marks.

Don't allow this idiot to slant your opinion of Top Dawg kennels----go see for yourself.
He
  27th of Mar, 2009
I have a 6 month old puppy from Top Dawg Labs and I completely disagree with the complaint above. This was my first lab from this breeder, and we have an awesome dog. He was totally healthy, and very smart. I too, thought the kennels were well kept, clean, and the dogs were very healthy. When we took our puppy home, Cindy almost cried. This is a very caring and thoughtful breeder who is very concerned about her dogs.
Sa
  9th of Jun, 2009
I purchased an older stud dog as a family pet from Mrs. Carrick and while there saw her facility and all her dogs and puppies it was just fine. The dog I got from her, black lab TopDawgs John 3:16 is wonderful in temperament and health as well as appearance. he is 9 yrs old and except for some arthritis in one hip, people cannot believe he is that old. he romps like a puppy! he receives compliments on his beauty and personality everywhere we go. I would direct anyone looking for a handsome wellbred labrador to TopDawgs.sarah cross, baltimore md
Km
  17th of Sep, 2009
I couldn't be happier with my pup that I purchased from Topdawg. Indiana Jones is a healthy 14 month old boy and is turning out to be exactly like Cindy said he would. Even the tech at our veternarian office has a dog from Topdawg and hasn't had any problems. I was able to see the kennels and the welping room where the dogs were kept and I couldn't be more pleased. The welping room was quite clean and she even had a tv for the dogs to provide some "white noise". Cindy was very professional all the way through the process of getting my dog. She answered all my questions honestly, and kept in contact with me until my pup was ready. I had to wait a few months before I got my pup and she even let me know what rank he was in the litter, sent pictures, and kept me up to date until the pick up day.

Never once did she try to hide anything. All of the dogs I saw looked in great condition. I plan on getting all my future dogs from Topdawg Kennels.
Sb
  22nd of Feb, 2010
We have a 16 month old male yellow lab from Topdawg and could not be more proud of our pup. His name is Topdawg's Autumn Fields of Barley ("Barley") and gets compliments whereever we go. His temperament is delightful, warm and loving. He is beautiful and blocky. Our vet is thrilled with the build and confirmation Barley has.

He is a wonderful friend and a constant companion to our 10 year old yellow male. They love each other, cuddle together and play every day. They duck hunt, goose hunt, and just plain retrieve. Neither dog is neutered. Barley has given new life to our older lab.

Whoever wrote this complaint is not a true labrador retriever lover and has no clue what he/she is talking about. We contacted any number of people who had purchased pups from Cindy Carrick prior to committing to buying a pup. All of them, from all parts of the country, spoke raves about her ethics, her beautiful dogs, and her honesty.

We have given Cindy Carrick's name, website, and phone to a number of our friends and are sure they will find as wonderful a lab from Topdawg as can be. We will buy from her again.

Shame on you, whomever you are. Topdawg Kennels is a gem.

Susan Blake, Campton, NH
Km
  26th of Feb, 2012
I completely disagree! When I first went to pick up my TopDawg lab I was allowed to see everything. The kennels were clean and the dogs looked healthy and well kept. The whelping room was nice and well kept and the puppies looking wonderful! Cindy even likes to stay in touch and see pictures of the dogs. My dog will be 4 years old in July and is healthy and doing great! Having seen the facility with my own eyes and talking with the breeder, I believe the comment above is false.
Jf
  21st of May, 2012
I purchased a beautiful Yellow Lab from Cindy in 2003. I visited the kennel numerous times and at all times everything was clean and very well kept. I totally disagree with the person that posted the complaint. He does not know what he's talking about. He sounds like a vindictive nutcase. My dog Bella is a beautiful, well behaved product of Top Dawg Kennels. I would recommend Top Dawg to everyone looking for a beautiful Lab. Cindy has aways been available to answer any questions I've had since I bought Bella. She has helped me on numerous occasions. Top Dawg is your best bet for Labs..
Cp
  3rd of Sep, 2012
Unfortunately I have to agree with person who complained about Topdawg. Initially I wouldn't have thought so but recent events have changed my opinion. I currently have a Choc Lab (not from Topdawg) with extreme Hip Dysplasia and as such was only interested in purchasing a lab who's parents had an OFA certification for hips as either good or excellent and elbow dysplasia as normal. I was told that both dogs met this criteria. After putting a deposit down, I was told that the Dam met this criteris but the Sire only had preliminary results but was assured that this information would be proven on paper. When the puppy was brought home, I noticed that there was no OFA certification in the paper work provided. I was told that her partner had it and that she would get it to me. Subsequently, my 4 month Lab is showing signs of both elbow and hip dysplasia. I have tried contacting Topdawg Kennels NUMEROUS times by both phone and email to get this documentation. It has now been 3 weeks of trying and I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication. My 2 young children are extremely stressed about the situation. I did expect more out of Topdawg Kennels because I do know people who have purchased there dogs and were extremely happy. This is no way to run a business when one's reputation is at stake.
  3rd of Nov, 2014
I totally disagree with the complaint above. I got my lab from Cindy back in September 2008. His name is Bo Bo. Having driven 3 1/2 hours from Destin Florida to pick him up I got to see her whole property and how everything is ran. The man that works for the business is a nice man and works hard to keep the place clean, I saw this first hand when I was there. It is obvious by just reading the complaint that this person was never a customer. It is sad seeing such a nice and caring person that loves labs, get such a negative and false complaint toward her business. She runs a top notch kennel! What is funny is I was searching for her business on Google because I plan on getting another lab for Bo Bo so he has a friend and I came across this complaint. After reading the false statements above I had to comment because the things said are not true. As far as complaints that I have about my lab I have none... Well maybe a few... When we first got him he ate my socks, got into the trash can, got into the dish washer while trying to wash dishes, pooped and peed on the floor. This was all when he was a pup and has since then matured and I miss the days when he was a pup. I plan on buying another lab puppy from Cindy soon and will be able to do the process all over again! Thanks Cindy for such a beautiful lab!
  3rd of Nov, 2014
Bo Bo

Le
  16th of Dec, 2014
Topdawg is the best! We purchased our Lab, Angus, there in 2013 and he is smart, beautiful and a fine dog! If anything ever happens to him, God forbid, we will be calling on Cindy again. The kennel is the cleanest I've ever seen, not shabby at all!
Ma
  29th of Mar, 2017
@Leeta A. any chance you have a working phone number for Cindy? The only number I have from when I got my girl is disconected. Thanks for your help
Manette
Me
  20th of Apr, 2015
I purchased a black lab puppy in 2005 that I fell I love with online- drove almost 13hrs to get her & she has been everything expected & more. The kennel was very clean & I couldn't have a better baby. Cindy was very nice & helpful & supplied all the paperwork -sent me pictures until she was able to be picked up. I would recommend Top Dawg to anyone.
Me
  20th of Apr, 2015
Dixie

Su
  24th of Jul, 2015
we bought our Keltik in 2003, he just had his 12th birthday, before we picked him up we visited him every other week and he grew up there in a loving home. We think of Cindy and are thankful to her for the best family member ever each and every day. When we would ever get another lab, we would see Cindy. But we hope that Keltik will stay with us for a long time.